Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Kölner
Also I can't believe it takes one hour from one Gate to other Gate. I walked around the airport much two days ago and was surprised how small it was in comparison to some other Hubs.
Maybe the reason for this is, that RonFog has never been at the Airport in Doha and he is, what he is blaming Phil the Flyer, that Phil is a paid blogger from a airplane company.

What makes his small story more unlikely ever happen in real is, that he never mentioned, that he was offering QR to pay for the excess baggage at check in. He is a self declared frequent flyer so he must have known that its no problem to pay for excess baggage. Yu can buy with QR 7 kg excess baggage for ~240 EUR in advace. I assume at check in it is sure much more and he was not willing to pay for this and thats why QR stuff asked him he has to remove luggage from check in to hand luggage and now he is complaining in a flyer board in his first post ever.
For me this story soungs more likely if not already the above is the truth.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by makrom

According to Google Maps, the longest gate to gate distance is less than .9 miles. Do you seriously need a whole hour to walk that distance?
Using the moving walkways, even a rather slow walker (3 km/h) can make the longest possible distance in about 20 mins, a fast one can make it in about 10 mins.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Crisu69
self declared frequent flyer
In the summer, I regularly come across people proclaiming "I am a frequent flyer, I fly every year."
synd, Traveller999 and jckl like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Rant ahead:

I've always had issues using QR's online interfaces on both their website and app; everything from pages not loading to broken links to systems being down. This experience fed into my fear of what to expect when they announced that they were moving all their Privilege Club matters to online only, but I tried to float some hope after their improved site and app launched. Anyway...

I made a reservation entirely using Qmiles a few months ago for a trip later this month. Due to some shifting plans, I submitted a reservations cancellation and Qmiles refund request almost two weeks ago using QR's website - a straightforward affair - and received an acknowledgement message saying that they will get back to me within five working days. After that window passed, I contacted them via e-mail and received one of their signature infuriating generic messages with a case number being assigned to me and how someone will get back shortly. Days passed and I reached out to QR via Twitter, explained the case and they offered to look into it for me, and sent them another e-mail requesting follow-up last night... with another case number being sent back. Here we are now, nearly two weeks since the cancellation request and I've got two case numbers, two Twitter messages saying they're looking into it and no e-mail yet saying what's going on with my Qmiles refund request. At this rate, I'm worried that my trip, which is still in the system and linked to my profile, will come about and I'll forfeit the Qmiles since I obviously will not be on it.

I don't know what more I can do since everything has moved online and contact centers won't be able to help. It's annoying that what should be a simple request using the airline's own points currency has become this convoluted and doesn't seem to have an end in sight. I love QR, but this is incredibly frustrating.

khabah
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:32 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
In the summer, I regularly come across people proclaiming "I am a frequent flyer, I fly every year."
The notion of a FF is a highly subjective one imo. For some it might be flying once a year, for others could be joining the program of the airline they fly and staying at base level. Heck if you're a silver member "Elite" you might consider yourself a FF but that could mean that you're only taking one R/T a year in Business. Heck I am a Qr Plat yet I am far from considering myself a FF. I take 4/5 LH R/T a year and a few SH. Yet for some people I am considered a highly travelled person, and for others the opposite. Bear in mind there is no clear cut definition....
Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by khabah
Rant ahead:

I've always had issues using QR's online interfaces on both their website and app; everything from pages not loading to broken links to systems being down. This experience fed into my fear of what to expect when they announced that they were moving all their Privilege Club matters to online only, but I tried to float some hope after their improved site and app launched. Anyway...

I made a reservation entirely using Qmiles a few months ago for a trip later this month. Due to some shifting plans, I submitted a reservations cancellation and Qmiles refund request almost two weeks ago using QR's website - a straightforward affair - and received an acknowledgement message saying that they will get back to me within five working days. After that window passed, I contacted them via e-mail and received one of their signature infuriating generic messages with a case number being assigned to me and how someone will get back shortly. Days passed and I reached out to QR via Twitter, explained the case and they offered to look into it for me, and sent them another e-mail requesting follow-up last night... with another case number being sent back. Here we are now, nearly two weeks since the cancellation request and I've got two case numbers, two Twitter messages saying they're looking into it and no e-mail yet saying what's going on with my Qmiles refund request. At this rate, I'm worried that my trip, which is still in the system and linked to my profile, will come about and I'll forfeit the Qmiles since I obviously will not be on it.

I don't know what more I can do since everything has moved online and contact centers won't be able to help. It's annoying that what should be a simple request using the airline's own points currency has become this convoluted and doesn't seem to have an end in sight. I love QR, but this is incredibly frustrating.

khabah
Same here, sent award cancellation request already 8 days ago, go acknowledgement instantly.

Ticket still not cancelled. The 5 working days promise from Qatar Airways is plain lie.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by makrom
The only way I am aware how I can search for availability is by browsing every single day individually, and scroll down to see all flights that day, to see if there's any with C or F availability.
And here I could actually make the connection to the general lack of availability, this means having to click through A LOT of days. I have actually given up now, I browsed like 100 days which was far from trivial as the system is pretty sluggish.
QR website is just a pain in many aspects, but you can save your time looking for awards by interpreting what it tells you in the 30 days view. In this example, when you are looking for J award space, if you see :
- 90250 with Q2 flag, it means only Y availability for x2 Qmiles
- 180500 with Q2 flag, it means J availability for x2 Qmiles
- 45125 without Q2 flag, it means only Y availability at normal rate
- 90250 without Q2 flag : Bingo !!! You've found J availability at normal rate !

synd and makrom like this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4
QR website is just a pain in many aspects, but you can save your time looking for awards by interpreting what it tells you in the 30 days view. In this example, when you are looking for J award space, if you see :
- 90250 with Q2 flag, it means only Y availability for x2 Qmiles
- 180500 with Q2 flag, it means J availability for x2 Qmiles
- 45125 without Q2 flag, it means only Y availability at normal rate
- 90250 without Q2 flag : Bingo !!! You've found J availability at normal rate !
Yeah I think I see what you mean. If I understand correctly, the problems are that regular Y availability trumps Q2 J availability and the yellow background to indicate Y results doesn't show up sometimes. I have seen the yellow background in other instances, but can't quite figure out why.
So basically one should first figure out what the regular price is. and then browse the calendar for a day with that price without a Q2 flag.

I was actually hoping to find results with BKK-DOH in F, but I guess with the current availability situation, that's just being cocky.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:49 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Having flown eight sectors in the past two months, I have to confess that I'm getting slightly bored with the same bland choice of 'hot sandwich' (a filled pastry/pasty) and warm-bun, in the snack-meal. How about a cold-sandwich, made with bread, instead ?

And do QR ever vary their flavours, from chicken/veggie ? I do understand the dietary objections of some passengers to beef or pork, but how about cheese/onion or a more-spicy/crunchy veggie-option ?

There must be some scope to change the flavour of the bun, at least, and still stay within their budget ? Perhaps coffee or chocolate or cinnamon or currants/sultanas instead ?
GalaxyChris, Traveller999 and jckl like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Richard Bell
Having flown eight sectors in the past two months, I have to confess that I'm getting slightly bored with the same bland choice of 'hot sandwich' (a filled pastry/pasty) and warm-bun, in the snack-meal. How about a cold-sandwich, made with bread, instead ?

And do QR ever vary their flavours, from chicken/veggie ? I do understand the dietary objections of some passengers to beef or pork, but how about cheese/onion or a more-spicy/crunchy veggie-option ?

There must be some scope to change the flavour of the bun, at least, and still stay within their budget ? Perhaps coffee or chocolate or cinnamon or currants/sultanas instead ?
I'm assuming you're referring to economy class?

The menu is on a 3 months cycle and has been the same for the past 3 years. I can ask the crew to reserve my main course choice even without seeing the menu.

Ex-EU lunch/dinner is always:
Beef with Potato/Chicken rice/Veg Pasta

Ex-DOH breakfast brunch to EU:
Eggs/bread pudding/Indian Veg option

Ex-DOH breakfast/brunch to South east Asia/China/HKG:
Egg/bread pudding/fish rice

I've seen monty's doing Margarita pizza for DL and burger sliders with chips/fries (depends where you're from) for CX. I don't get why QR sticks with the 2-in-1 sweet and savoury boxes, they can't be the cheapest or the best option. I've seen better on monty's website. All snack box's are from monty's with QR branding, same with CX on TPE/MNL flights.

I've resorted to ordering HNML/FPML depending on flight timing since the regular meals are so bland and boring. FPML is something I'd normally have for breakfast anyways.
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

Has anyone accessed PAGSS Lounge at Manila Airport when flying QR? God, what an absolute s**thole. Whoever from QR choose this lounge, really deserves to be fired! Its dark, grim, wifi didn't work properly, poor choice of food & drink. All the seats are bunched up together in order to maximise pax. QR prides itself as a 5* airline, this was just awful. Whilst walking to the gate, I saw few other PAGSS lounges and they seemed in much better state!
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Fontana - you’re not wrong, QR’s MNL lounge is a complete dump and hardly worth visiting! I see you are BAEC Gold - far better to fly QR into/out of HKG, enjoy the Pier and/or Wing F lounges, and get an ultra-cheap CX Avios and cash J flight to/from MNL or CEB (I mention CEB because transferring from international to domestic and vv at MNL is one of life’s biggest travel headaches).
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Phil the Flyer - Funny enough, I was moaning to a friend about the state of the lounge and they told me to leave & get food/drink from outside.
Until they fix the lounge problem, they should offer a $25-$50 voucher for you to use anywhere in the terminal.
I'll definitely look into flying into/out of HKG in the future. This was my first time into/out of MNL, wasn't expecting to be let down by QR. I did go past CEB airport whilst on a hiking trip & seems quite a fair distance from MNL Airport.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Fontana
I'll definitely look into flying into/out of HKG in the future. This was my first time into/out of MNL, wasn't expecting to be let down by QR. I did go past CEB airport whilst on a hiking trip & seems quite a fair distance from MNL Airport.
CEB is indeed ‘quite a fair distance’ from MNL - 350 miles, on a completely different island (of the 7,000+ in the Philippines). It’s usually a one hour flight between the two cities. Your hiking trip would also have involved a lot of swimming.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Some
Just requested a refund for a Qmiles booking given my flight is now in a few weeks and it sounds like I'll be cutting it a bit too close if I leave it any longer from the above reports! Of course, the refund request confirmation that came up after I submitted the details online has randomly switched from English to French...

Also, why QR is unable to design an IT system that automatically fills in the details of the booking you'd like to cancel in the online form when you click through rather than making you do it all manually I have no idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.