FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:32 am
khabah

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Rant ahead:

I've always had issues using QR's online interfaces on both their website and app; everything from pages not loading to broken links to systems being down. This experience fed into my fear of what to expect when they announced that they were moving all their Privilege Club matters to online only, but I tried to float some hope after their improved site and app launched. Anyway...

I made a reservation entirely using Qmiles a few months ago for a trip later this month. Due to some shifting plans, I submitted a reservations cancellation and Qmiles refund request almost two weeks ago using QR's website - a straightforward affair - and received an acknowledgement message saying that they will get back to me within five working days. After that window passed, I contacted them via e-mail and received one of their signature infuriating generic messages with a case number being assigned to me and how someone will get back shortly. Days passed and I reached out to QR via Twitter, explained the case and they offered to look into it for me, and sent them another e-mail requesting follow-up last night... with another case number being sent back. Here we are now, nearly two weeks since the cancellation request and I've got two case numbers, two Twitter messages saying they're looking into it and no e-mail yet saying what's going on with my Qmiles refund request. At this rate, I'm worried that my trip, which is still in the system and linked to my profile, will come about and I'll forfeit the Qmiles since I obviously will not be on it.

I don't know what more I can do since everything has moved online and contact centers won't be able to help. It's annoying that what should be a simple request using the airline's own points currency has become this convoluted and doesn't seem to have an end in sight. I love QR, but this is incredibly frustrating.

khabah