Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: Qatar Airways - GOLD
This sign does not exist for transfer passengers right? I mean gold / plat can't use the business line when transferring via DOH between 2 Qatar airways economy flights?

Not that economy line is taking long (never waited more than 3minutes), but more for my general knowledge. Looked sometime but never seen anything related to privileged members.

Julien
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Julien_O
This sign does not exist for transfer passengers right? I mean gold / plat can't use the business line when transferring via DOH between 2 Qatar airways economy flights?
Right. You have to show an F or J boarding pass to access the premium lane at transfer security.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Right. You have to show an F or J boarding pass to access the premium lane at transfer security.
Or use "Al Maha Transfer Service", that give you access to the priority security check lane even booked in Y, if I remember right
Julien_O likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: Qatar Airways - GOLD
Originally Posted by Traveller999
Or use "Al Maha Transfer Service", that give you access to the priority security check lane even booked in Y, if I remember right
I need to try this one time, for fun, as I never saw the utility to use it, as DOH is an efficient airport in my eyes where in 1h45 you can transfer easily with even 45min stop in the lounge for a quick refreshment, humus tasting and change clothes for next flight.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Traveller999
think so too. used it a few times in the past just for fun.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:45 pm

Exclamation Credit Card verification (tiring and illogical)

So, just booked my first ever Qatar flights on their own website with my own credit card. Rather smooth and swift operation, and was even able to select seats and meals in Y class for free (didnt expect that). I get the confirmation email and think, voila - all good, great!

A day later I get another email with the below text:

Thank you for your recent booking with Qatar Airways, with booking reference XXXXXX). Your reservation has been confirmed.

In order to ensure the use of the payment card was authorized, Qatar Airways would like to verify some card details. This allows us to verify that the cardholder approved the transaction to purchase this ticket. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause, but Qatar Airways takes these measures to protect you and your payment card information.

In order to verify the payment card, the cardholder will be required to present the card used to purchase your tickets at the counter when checking in. We recommend giving yourself extra time to complete this at the airport.

Note that without cardholder verification, your ticket may be cancelled or you may be prevented from boarding your flight. You may incur additional charges as a result, in accordance with Qatar Airways general conditions of carriage and the terms and conditions of your ticket.

For more information, please visit our FAQs page at https://www.qatarairways.com/paymentverificationhelp

We look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Yours sincerely,
Qatar Airways Support

Since my flight leaves very early in the morning and I travel hand luggage only, I was going to checkin online and use minimum times to get through the airport (BCN). So whilst I am in London I am going to their Sales office in Harrods and ask them if they can do the verification there. They say, no problem. I wait. I wait some more, while the staff hack away on their computer, after I gave them ID and the booking reference, plus the credit card. Five minutes into this, I ask politely, how long this might take. I am told maybe 5-15min! (for what?! what are they doing?!)

about 8min later, I am asked to come to a charge machine so they can take another (nominal) payment from the card, so verify its working (at this point the ticket has already been paid for and was issued)? I start to get confused and frustrated. More so, after their machine fails to read my card (old school swipe, no chip). We try a few times. Eventually I am told they cannot verify the card. Thats despite me standing in front of them, with my pictures ID, the card and all other details.

As a last resort I am told to send an email with a screenshot/PDF/scan of the credit card statement, and they will then verify the card that way - or do it at the airport! When I comment that any 15 year old can no create a lovely screenshot and amend in Photoshop as needed I am met with a wall of silence.

Using their support email system, they send me round in circles, without providing the email address where I can send such a scan to. Needless to say I will never fly with Qatar again. Wasted over 3hrs with that issue alone so far.

Any thoughts?
Richard Bell and Traveller999 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
Originally Posted by timesnaps
Any thoughts?
Sorry that you appear to have encountered QR at-its-worst, on your very first contact with them, their poor on-the-ground service & systems.

This would be a good topic for their new social-media presence on FlyerTalk to comment on, if goingplacestogether is still active, as it's likely to cost them future business ?

But I would also confidently predict that you will be very happy with their in-the-air product, once you actually fly with QR !
indomie likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:48 am

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
For the past week or so, there has been a minor problem, whenever I load the Qatar Airways home-page.

The booking-form is obscurred by a large white field, perhaps this was originally meant to show some sort of advertisement ?

But the net-effect is that I cannot input origin/destination/dates etc, because I can't see the fields in which to do so.

My work-around has been to re-load the 'Book' option, when the normal booking-form is then visible/useable, nevertheless it would be nice if someone in QR's IT-department were to get this glitch fixed ?

Perhaps goingplacestogether might draw the problem to their attention ? Or whoever does their beta-testing, before making changed software live ?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
For the past week or so, there has been a minor problem, whenever I load the Qatar Airways home-page.

The booking-form is obscurred by a large white field, perhaps this was originally meant to show some sort of advertisement ?

But the net-effect is that I cannot input origin/destination/dates etc, because I can't see the fields in which to do so.

My work-around has been to re-load the 'Book' option, when the normal booking-form is then visible/useable, nevertheless it would be nice if someone in QR's IT-department were to get this glitch fixed ?

Perhaps goingplacestogether might draw the problem to their attention ? Or whoever does their beta-testing, before making changed software live ?
I've been experiencing the same problem
Richard Bell likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: QR Plat
HELP IM LATE FOR MY FLIGHT!!111!111

...or not. Flight now boarding from gate X, yet the gate isn't straffed yet. A line of 50+ pax outside the gate looking confused. I guess I'll be parked here untill absolute, really, really, fingers-crossed, last call and wander over.

-A
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: QR Gold/OW Sapphire

Any thoughts?
You may get approved if you do the email route that they suggested (though it's your call if you trust sending the info unsecured to them). I don't anticipate it taking that long at check-in, so I don't think you'd need that much extra time. Bringing a copy of the credit card statement showing the transaction (or a printout from the internet) would probably be helpful.

Where this gets even more interesting is a situation where Uncle Harry has booked the ticket for his wife/child/niece/mother/etc to come visit him. How does Uncle Harry's credit card get presented to verify the purchase when Uncle Harry is in the destination city??
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Using their support email system, they send me round in circles, without providing the email address where I can send such a scan to. Needless to say I will never fly with Qatar again. Wasted over 3hrs with that issue alone so far.

Any thoughts?

If you'd followed the check-in advise you'd (likely) have saved yourself a great deal of hassle, frustration and time.

Un-chipped cards are surely an oddity these days. I'm a techno-Luddite, but I barely remember the days of swiping cards.

But, yes, the airline should have handled this much better. But as others have said, parts of the mechanism behind all the QR glitz is very rusty.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: one world
I heard from them if you use paypal you don't need nor will you be asked to verify your payment. Also seriously QR ... is that unsecured email that you want me to send my CC statement and passport copy haha.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Peachy6
I heard from them if you use paypal you don't need nor will you be asked to verify your payment.
OTOH, credit cards usually provide a higher level of consumer protection in the event of a problem with QR.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: one world
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
OTOH, credit cards usually provide a higher level of consumer protection in the event of a problem with QR.
True, I wonder what happens if I book for someone else using my CC, can they verify during check in? Seems kinda hard since the card holder isn't the one flying and there is no card to reproduce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.