Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Qatar Privilege Club
Repeatedly assured us we would get our Q Credits back - and than on Monday told us no

My family have flown with Qatar for the last several years and in April 2019, my husband and I booked a trip from JFK to Zanzibar, Return. We decided to use our Q Credits for the JFK to Doha leg. End of September/October Qatar made a schedule change which was more than 2 hours and saw our transit time in Doha increase significantly. They rang us 2 times to confirm if we wanted to change the ticket with no fee. After some deliberation we decided to go with a full refund and we were assured that they would not charge a cancellation fee, because it was there scheduling issue. I asked if we would also receive our Q Credits back, because if we were not going to get them back we would keep the tickets. We were told "Normally, Qatar do not refund Q Credits but because of the schedule change in this instance we will". I was very insistent that this information was correct and asked again "Are you sure we will get the Q Credits back?" ...After being placed on hold we were again told yes we would get them back. I made several follow up calls every few days after this initial call, to keep on top of the refund, eventually being told it will take 2 weeks to process the refund to our credit card. Once this was completed they would than refund the Q Credits.

Every time I called about the Q Credits I got the same response "We do not issue refunds for Q Credits" To which I would respond "Yes I have been told this, however if you look at our booking notes you will see we have been informed we will be getting them back". I would be put on hold and than when the staff member came back they agreed yes that is what you have been told I see this in your booking notes. 15th November 2019 I called Qatar again and was told the same thing, put on hold and than the staff member came back and said that he would send a follow up email to see what when we would get our Q credits as they were still not in our account.

19th November 2019 I called Qatar. We went through the normal "Q credits are not refundable etc" "Please look at our booking notes ". However this time after the staff member puts me on hold and comes back, he tells me that Qatar will not refund our Q Credits. I asked why and he said because we had dropped from Gold to Silver they could not refund these. I replied that no one had told us this, hence why we went through with the refund. Obviously if we had been told we would have not processed the refund. Qatar was well aware we were Silver members, with my status dropping from Gold to Silver at the end of August and my husbands dropping even earlier this year. The Qatar App certainly updates that most promptly.I said if if you read our booking notes you can see we have been told we will get them refunded. He was not the most helpful staff member, constantly talked over me, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor was told no.

After being told no, and you can email tell-us@ etc I called the Qatar reservations office who have always been much more helpful and polite. After explaining the problem the very nice staff member put me on hold to confirm our booking details. Once he came back on the line he apologized and agreed that we had indeed been told we would be getting the Q Credits back. He could not understand why we were not as our booking notes showed we had been told this.

Let me be clear here as well - we were told at least 4 times by 4 different staff members that we would be getting them back.

He advised that I contact Qatar on the app via the contact center which I did. This morning we received an email stating that they would not refund the Q Credits because we had dropped to Silver. Obviously if we were told this at the very beginning we would have not proceeded with the refund. As loyal Qatar customers I would have hoped we would have been treated better than this. Very disappointed.
GalaxyChris and Alfredbali like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 4:11 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
QRPC is consistently poor in customer "service" on so many levels. Get out. Now.
But do escalate this issue via social media etc etc & they might honour their promise, however, good luck & don't hold your breath! @:-)
SamirD and cbphuket1 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 7:20 pm

cbphuket1 welcome to Flyertalk and to the QR forum.

Qcredits are valid, and available for use, for a period of 12 months from the date of issue. Remember that you use them on the date of bookimg not the actual flight date.

I think the key is that since you have gone from Gold to Silver more than one year has elapsed since the Qcredits were awarded. This means that they are no longer valid and have been written off when you had them refunded to your account. Thus they would not show in your account when you cancelled your flights.

Those who promised a refund in the case of cancellation have either not known, or ignored the expiry date. You probably have a case for QR to recompence you.
Traveller999 and cbphuket1 like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
As remdk states, QR has an easy technical response.
QR waived the non-recredit clause in your special case. Unfortunately Qcredits are only valid 12 months and they had expired when recredited to your account.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Privilege Club
I have heard back from The U.S. Department of Transportation who will forward our complaint Qatar and will review the airlines response.
NoY, GalaxyChris and SamirD like this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I recently flew two sectors UK-Thailand in Economy, burning the last of my Qmiles, and both main-meals had butter available on-request with the bread-roll, rather than included on the meal-tray. Also was seperately offered, due to my (reduced) ff-status (?), the Godiva mini-chocolate which was no-longer included in the meal itself.

This appears to be a further minor reduction in meal-quality, I guess they've got to save every penny they can ?

However I was pleased to see the cutlery now wrapped in a paper-band, rather than a plastic-pack, a small-but-good step in the right direction. It would be good to see further steps to reduce unnecessary use of plastic, for example headphones & blankets might be wrapped in a (recyclable) paper-bag, instead of a plastic one ?

I'd view a complete review, of ALL airlines' use of plastics, as being timely/overdue, in the current climate ! But what do I know, as a mere customer ?
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: ROP
Equipment changed

I reserved an aisle seat on a QR flight, DOH to BKK. The aircraft at the time of booking was A350 but when I board the aircraft was A330 and that was disappointing but the worst part was that the aisle seat was now a middle seat. I wish they would have mentioned this at some point , either in an email or at check in.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:09 am

Miles to upgrade flights
Hel-doh 40,000
Doh-hnd 63,000
Hel-doh-hnd-107,500

Stupid system
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by tboons
Miles to upgrade flights
Hel-doh 40,000
Doh-hnd 63,000
Hel-doh-hnd-107,500

Stupid system
No, this makes sense. If you do HEL-DOH-HND you get charged 4.500 extra miles for the 5 star pleasue of walking from A10, through security, and on to D23. If you had only done HEL-DOH it would only be walking from A10 to arrivals.

-A
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
The pleasure greatly increases if you walk from A7 to security and back to A6.....and I mean WALK all the way (the guy next to me actually ended up in the exact same plan he flew into DOH to) (wonder if on knew, if one could stay onboard?)
Old Dec 18, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
The pleasure greatly increases if you walk from A7 to security and back to A6.....and I mean WALK all the way (the guy next to me actually ended up in the exact same plan he flew into DOH to) (wonder if on knew, if one could stay onboard?)
Nah, won't be allowed. I've had similar bus in and bus back out (including the pleasure of getting to D20-23) and many times ended up in the airplane next to the one I came in, and wish I could have been transferred airside. I guess QR knows as well as I do that the exercise plan offered by QR is well needed.

-A
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:34 am

Terrible QR Business Class and family travel experience

Route: SYD DIA TXL

In this overview I am reviewing my personal Qatar Airways in flight experience whilst traveling with my family.

QR Fare Class/Status: Business Class C (Full Flexi) for myself; Economy Class (Full) for my wife and daughter. I am Oneworld Emerald (Qantas Platinum).

First Leg Business: pleasant experience, good service, food average

Second Leg Business: awful experience, terrible service, food poor

Background: my wife and 4 year old daughter flying in Economy on same flights, as my company pays for my business class tickets. We planned to do an occasional seat swap between my wife and I, in order to share the load of looking after our daughter and let my wife (who had 2 x medical procedures in last 6 months) get some rest and sleep.

Issue: during first leg, staff happy to accommodate a seat swap between my wife and I, so I could assist in looking after our 4 year old daughter.

On second leg (which this summary mostly relates to), I explained to two Business Class Flight Attendants including Business Class Purser, that I would be going to my wife in economy to assist with our daughter.

Before we swapped seats, my wife also checked with an Economy Flight Attendant and they agreed is OK. I sat in Economy with my daughter for an hour initially, my wife in my Business seat. My wife came back after first hour, initially upset and then in tears due to a very nasty attitude from the Business Class Purser who:
a) slammed open the Business suite door, despite my wife having Do Not Disturb on
b) sarcastically and aggressively asked if she was alright, then without waiting for any answer or clarification from my wife
c) slammed the suite door shut and stormed off
d) the Business Class Purser returned again to my wife and demanded to "speak with your husband regarding why she is sitting in business" but refused to discuss the matter with my wife

Needless to say, my wife felt humiliated and denegrated, due to an unecessarily aggressively delivered message that she was not welcome to sit in my seat.
Consequently after we reverted to our original seating, my wife explained (in tears) to the Economy Purser the situation and treatment, who agreed this is no way to speak to someone particularly a paying customer. It was evident from my wife's discussion with the Economy Class Purser that this individual had a similar attitude and tone with other staff and that this attitude was not unique (at least with intra staff communication) with the Business Class Purser in question.

I consequently went and spoke to the Business Class Purser in question, due to the fact she needed to be set straight on the matter. I had to address the issue directly with her, since there were no other more senior staff apart from the pilot. I explained in no uncertain terms to the Purser that:

A) She had spoken to my wife in an agressive and inappropriate manner, which is not at all in the ethos of basic customer service
B) That I had previously advised several staff of our situation and that I would sit in my wife's seat in Economy, including that I advised her directly myself of this
C) I am the CEO of a company and would never even speak to my staff in this way, let alone a paying customer
D) That my wife was so shocked and upset at her poor customer service treatment, that she was in tears
E) Consequently I am so appalled at the situation I will be reporting her to the airline and after this trip am not flying with Qatar Airlines again

The Business Class Purser, whilst apologetic, obviously cognizant this was a career threatening situation and clearly trying to protect herself; denied behaving aggressively with my wife and simultaneously asking me not to report it. She made the point that it was company policy for lesser class (Economy) ticketed customers to not be allowed to sit in higher class (Business) seats.

I pose the following questions, to both the airline in question and the general public:
1) where is my wife supposed to sit whilst my daughter is attended to by myself, when we have paid for 2 x full fare Economy and 1 x full fare Business seats?
2) why is the apparent policy of fare class seat swapping not applied consistently across flights, communicated poorly and unclear; and at very least inappropriate for parents travelling in different fare classes?
3) why does a supposed manager in a service industry display such poor customer service and communication skills?
4) I wonder is the policy simply that fare class seat swapping is not permitted at all, or that the policy is applicable in certain circumstances and not others; and
5) Is additionally either unclear to staff and management, or not appropriate in all situations?

Needless to say with this situation I feel compelled to report this formally to the airline and simultaneously feel cheated of my hard-earned for our flight fares. Neither the Business fare, nor the Economy fare represent anywhere near basic expectations of value for money. We are not looking forward to completing our return flights.

Furthermore I fly very regularly for work and have flown Business Class on nearly all premium airlines (Singapore, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad); and my observation is that the overall service and food experience with Qatar Airlines Business Class is very sub-par to all these airlines. I could go into many details of service failure in these two flights, such as the inability to even provide my request for some fruit (went and got my own fruit cup from Economy) and many other service/food issues; however considering the above-mentioned matter those are insignificant and for another day.

For me, this entire situation is proof and a classic example of airline companies and their total failure to deliver on their marketing message of a purported premium service in higher fare classes and upper echelons of alliance and frequent flier tier status. Oneworld alliance premium recognition and global airline awards (i.e. Skytrax) are really farcical.

This scenario also demonstrates that my personal airline budget of USD60K plus per annum is wasted on and not valued by an airline like Qatar Airways.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by CEOFlyer

Background: my wife and 4 year old daughter flying in Economy on same flights, as my company pays for my business class tickets. We planned to do an occasional seat swap between my wife and I, in order to share the load of looking after our daughter and let my wife (who had 2 x medical procedures in last 6 months) get some rest and sleep...
Most airlines (all?) don't particularly like the E to J to E seat-swap. Many will allow a one-time-during flight swap, but will look negatively on multiple changes. IMO, rightly so.

Sounds like your issue here is with ONE flight attendant only. Seems a tad harsh to condemn an airline over one bad FA.
I don't think I'd fly any airline if I'd rage-quit every time I encountered one bad FA.

I can't help but notice though: maybe none of this would have happened if you'd just yielded the J seat to your wife (with recent medical procedures) for the entire flight.
Bago'peanuts and Brookhouse like this.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Yobodon
I reserved an aisle seat on a QR flight, DOH to BKK. The aircraft at the time of booking was A350 but when I board the aircraft was A330 and that was disappointing but the worst part was that the aisle seat was now a middle seat. I wish they would have mentioned this at some point , either in an email or at check in.
What you call "middle" seats are actually both aisle seats on A330. An aisle seat is a seat next to the aisle.
Actually they are better than the seats on the side (window or aisle), and no-one has to step on you as opposed to the aisle seat located next to a window seat. Hence you got a better deal. Of course, the A330 is not so great, but as long as you can have a "middle seat", I find it OK.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brunos
What you call "middle" seats are actually both aisle seats on A330. An aisle seat is a seat next to the aisle.
Actually they are better than the seats on the side (window or aisle), and no-one has to step on you as opposed to the aisle seat located next to a window seat. Hence you got a better deal. Of course, the A330 is not so great, but as long as you can have a "middle seat", I find it OK.
I think OP may have been referring to economy class - where an F aisle seat on the A350 (3-3-3) becomes a middle seat on the A330 (2-4-2) and G is the aisle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.