Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 11:52 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by 10000Ants
QR rep called 24 hours before flight telling me business is overbooked and if I would fly on another airline instead... told them no as I would need to transit thru a country that required an entry form even for airside connections and it's too late for that.
Pretty shocked QR was overbooking business. Did not say there was a plane change or anything.
Overbooking is normal and an industry standard even for J class. At least you weren't involuntarily offloaded at the gate without prior notice.
IntrepidAfrican2 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: EK Plat; QR Gold
Originally Posted by 10000Ants
QR rep called 24 hours before flight telling me business is overbooked and if I would fly on another airline instead... told them no as I would need to transit thru a country that required an entry form even for airside connections and it's too late for that.
Pretty shocked QR was overbooking business. Did not say there was a plane change or anything.
Many airlines overbook Business class. If you want to fly commercial and have a guaranteed seat, fly F (not aware of any airline that overbooks F), gain status, or ensure you’re at the highest fare bucket in your class.
Old Nov 13, 2021, 2:27 am

QR are pushing Multi City bookings into P class, so no lounge and reduced QPoints. I'm Privilege Club Gold, on 150 points (half way to renewing gold), yet my booking of MAN-DOH, DOH-NBO, NBO-DOH, DOH-AMS, only earns 66 QPoints, not enough to renew gold. However I can go instantly to the BA Equivalent Silver with just this booking if crediting to BA. Qatar Air seriously needs to rethink this slide to becoming BA MKII
Old Nov 13, 2021, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by IntrepidAfrican2
Many airlines overbook Business class. If you want to fly commercial and have a guaranteed seat, fly F (not aware of any airline that overbooks F), gain status, or ensure you’re at the highest fare bucket in your class.
BA oversell F by 1 seat on certain routes, and QR used to oversell F ex-CDG on regular occasions as they had to keep at least two seats occupied in case a high level Royal family member decided he wanted to fly to DOH at the last minute.

M
Old Nov 14, 2021, 6:34 pm

Hi all, just a cautionary tale of my experience over the past few days. We booked a 3 night QR Stopover package for our flight from KUL-DOH-DUB in Y. After booking, I used 45,000 QMiles to upgrade my wife on the KUL-DOH flight. My wife requires a transit visa for the stopover, and unfortunately after applying for the visa, Qatar must have stopped issuing transit visas, and as a result we had no option but to cancel the stopover and change the flight to a simple transfer. The agent explained that the flight would have to be rebooked under the original conditions, so rebook all into Y, cancel the upgrade and my Qmiles would be forfeited. To make matters worse, we now have a 9 hour layover and the airport hotels are all sold out. Without the stopover, I would have obviously booked a different flight, but not much that can be done now.

The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have been a loyal customer of QRs for many years, so to lose 45,000 miles and get nothing in return is hard to take. I don't suppose anyone has ever had any experience getting the miles refunded in a situation like this? Or in getting the upgrade reinstated?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:39 am
lmk

Location: RSW & HDS (Naples, Florida & Hoedspruit, South Africa); frequently flying via JNB, EWR, IAD, ORD
Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Silver, AA
Trying to check in online for a flight to the US which departs at 13:40 tomorrow and it is 16:40 now, so the flight is 21 hours from now. When I try to check in online I get an error message saying that online check-in is not available. When I click through, it explains, "Online check-in is not open for this flight. Online check-in opens 48 hours to 90 minutes prior to departure, and 24 hours prior to departure for flights to or from the United States." It's within 24 hours prior to departure now, so why would the flight not be open for online check in?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by lmk
Trying to check in online for a flight to the US which departs at 13:40 tomorrow and it is 16:40 now, so the flight is 21 hours from now. When I try to check in online I get an error message saying that online check-in is not available. When I click through, it explains, "Online check-in is not open for this flight. Online check-in opens 48 hours to 90 minutes prior to departure, and 24 hours prior to departure for flights to or from the United States." It's within 24 hours prior to departure now, so why would the flight not be open for online check in?
It is 24h from then the flight to US departs from DOH. The only afternoon flight to the US that I am aware of is QR705 but I don't believe it is currently scheduled for winter so I am guessing that is not the one?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by jah718
Hi all, just a cautionary tale of my experience over the past few days. We booked a 3 night QR Stopover package for our flight from KUL-DOH-DUB in Y. After booking, I used 45,000 QMiles to upgrade my wife on the KUL-DOH flight. My wife requires a transit visa for the stopover, and unfortunately after applying for the visa, Qatar must have stopped issuing transit visas, and as a result we had no option but to cancel the stopover and change the flight to a simple transfer. The agent explained that the flight would have to be rebooked under the original conditions, so rebook all into Y, cancel the upgrade and my Qmiles would be forfeited. To make matters worse, we now have a 9 hour layover and the airport hotels are all sold out. Without the stopover, I would have obviously booked a different flight, but not much that can be done now.

The whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I have been a loyal customer of QRs for many years, so to lose 45,000 miles and get nothing in return is hard to take. I don't suppose anyone has ever had any experience getting the miles refunded in a situation like this? Or in getting the upgrade reinstated?
Just want to update on this one, as it ended up having a happy ending, so turning this one into a compliment for QR. They thankfully refunded the 45,000 miles to my account and I was then able to upgrade both myself and my wife on the DOH - DUB flight.

Also want to say thanks to the resident QR rep here goingplacestogether who messaged me and had a hand in getting the refund for me. Great to have a proactive airline rep on here doing stuff like this.
brunos, kq747, msm2000uk and 4 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 7:29 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by jah718
Just want to update on this one, as it ended up having a happy ending, so turning this one into a compliment for QR. They thankfully refunded the 45,000 miles to my account and I was then able to upgrade both myself and my wife on the DOH - DUB flight.

Also want to say thanks to the resident QR rep here goingplacestogether who messaged me and had a hand in getting the refund for me. Great to have a proactive airline rep on here doing stuff like this.
Thanks for reporting back and giving credit where due. Sometimes I feel like we get too focused on the bad parts of customer service so glad it worked out!
jah718 and Wanderwithme like this.

Last edited by kq747; Nov 16, 2021 at 6:13 am
Old Nov 15, 2021, 8:40 pm

just a question. trying to book a flight and If I choose classic seat, QR charges for seat selection? does anybody know how much they charge? thank you
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by lmk
Were you able to eventually check in?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
I will be flying Business Class and connecting through DOH. I was scheduled to depart in the morning to arrive in DOH in the early afternoon and then connecting to DXB for an evening arrival.

QR cancelled the flight and put me on the next flight out (about 12 hours later) which will arrive in DOH just before midnight and I will depart DOH very early morning to arrive in DXB around 4:00 a.m.

I called up a few times and asked to be put on the next flight out of DOH (while not changing my new originating flight (as there are no other flights that day), so I can sleep in DOH) which would be in the evening. I see wide availability. The various agents I spoke with said there was nothing they could do about it as they could not change one leg of a trip, which seems absurd. They even claimed that no seats were available, which is not the case (F9 and A4 availability). Even the website would let me buy tickets for the later flights. They refused to help me, and refused to transfer me to a supervisor or anyone else.

QR cancelled my flight and will not accommodate my request to take a later connecting flight the same day. Seems like very poor customer service. One person in particular just had no desire to help me at all. He said I cannot transfer you to a supervisor for a matter like this. Could it be that I was calling on a Friday which made a difference? Is it better to call on a business day? Call during US business hours? Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Nevsky; Nov 19, 2021 at 3:31 am
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I will be flying Business Class and connecting through DOH. I was scheduled to depart in the morning to arrive in DOH in the early evening and then connecting to DXB for a late evening arrival.

QR cancelled the flight and put me on the next flight out (about 12 hours later) which will arrive in DOH just before midnight and I will depart DOH very early morning to arrive in DXB around 4:00 a.m.

I called up a few times and asked to be put on the next flight out (so I can sleep in DOH) which would be the next evening. I see wide availability. The various agents I spoke with said there was nothing they could do about it as they could not change one leg of a flight, which seems absurd. They even claimed that no seats were available, which is not the case (F9 and A4 availability). Even the website would let me buy tickets for the later flights. They refused to help me, refused to transfer me to a supervisor or anyone else.

QR cancelled my flight and will not accommodate my request to take a later flight the same day. Seems like very poor customer service. One person in particular just had no desire to help me at all. He said I cannot transfer you to a supervisor for a matter like this. Could it be that I was calling on a Friday which made a difference? Is it better to call on a business day? Call during US business hours? Any other suggestions.
Did you press 'acknowledge changes' in MMB?
Old Nov 19, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Nevsky
I will be flying Business Class and connecting through DOH. I was scheduled to depart in the morning to arrive in DOH in the early evening and then connecting to DXB for a late evening arrival.

I called up a few times and asked to be put on the next flight out (so I can sleep in DOH) which would be the next evening. I see wide availability. The various agents I spoke with said there was nothing they could do about it as they could not change one leg of a flight, which seems absurd. They even claimed that no seats were available, which is not the case (F9 and A4 availability). Even the website would let me buy tickets for the later flights. They refused to help me, refused to transfer me to a supervisor or anyone else.

QR cancelled my flight and will not accommodate my request to take a later flight the same day. Seems like very poor customer service. One person in particular just had no desire to help me at all. He said I cannot transfer you to a supervisor for a matter like this. Could it be that I was calling on a Friday which made a difference? Is it better to call on a business day? Call during US business hours? Any other suggestions.
My flights were cancelled twice and both times I didn't like the alternatives they tried putting me on. Qatar Airways was very accommodative and re-booked me with no issues on the flights I wanted. As another user has asked as well, did you accept the changes in 'manage my booking'? If you did, then it could be a problem. Did you call the Doha Privilege Club number? I've found them to be helpful, as are the ones in the US.
Nevsky likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 9:08 pm

Programs: Thai Airways
I am a novice with QR, only 10 flights in First or Business in the last few months. I find QR to be by far the worst airline in refusing to leave me alone and continually asking if I want something. Staff totally ignore the do not disturb sign. Same in the FC lounge in Doha. A certain Nationality does not seem to accept that if I want something I will ask for it or get it myself, latter of which is more difficult now.

if there was another suitable airline on the routes that I travel then QR may not get my business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.