Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:30 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by CEOFlyer
Background: my wife and 4 year old daughter flying in Economy on same flights, as my company pays for my business class tickets. We planned to do an occasional seat swap between my wife and I, in order to share the load of looking after our daughter and let my wife (who had 2 x medical procedures in last 6 months) get some rest and sleep.
I think we have the root of the issue here.

1. I can't think of a single airline that would be good with this.
2. If even trying to do this you should have cleared this with the inflight supervisor, not a random cabin crew.
3. As much as we like to get our undergarments in a knot in here over chocholate, champagne and other life treatening issues, your post reeks of actual entitlement.
4. As for referring to your predicted travel spend, it hardly holds any relevance, the rules remain the same for any random person walking up and buying a ticket as for someone that has a high spend.

-A
Old Dec 23, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Too Many
Route: SYD DIA TXL

In this overview I am reviewing my personal Qatar Airways in flight experience whilst traveling with my family.

QR Fare Class/Status: Business Class C (Full Flexi) for myself; Economy Class (Full) for my wife and daughter. I am Oneworld Emerald (Qantas Platinum).

First Leg Business: pleasant experience, good service, food average

Second Leg Business: awful experience, terrible service, food poor

Background: my wife and 4 year old daughter flying in Economy on same flights, as my company pays for my business class tickets. We planned to do an occasional seat swap between my wife and I, in order to share the load of looking after our daughter and let my wife (who had 2 x medical procedures in last 6 months) get some rest and sleep.

Issue: during first leg, staff happy to accommodate a seat swap between my wife and I, so I could assist in looking after our 4 year old daughter.

On second leg (which this summary mostly relates to), I explained to two Business Class Flight Attendants including Business Class Purser, that I would be going to my wife in economy to assist with our daughter.

Before we swapped seats, my wife also checked with an Economy Flight Attendant and they agreed is OK. I sat in Economy with my daughter for an hour initially, my wife in my Business seat. My wife came back after first hour, initially upset and then in tears due to a very nasty attitude from the Business Class Purser who:
a) slammed open the Business suite door, despite my wife having Do Not Disturb on
b) sarcastically and aggressively asked if she was alright, then without waiting for any answer or clarification from my wife
c) slammed the suite door shut and stormed off
d) the Business Class Purser returned again to my wife and demanded to "speak with your husband regarding why she is sitting in business" but refused to discuss the matter with my wife

Needless to say, my wife felt humiliated and denegrated, due to an unecessarily aggressively delivered message that she was not welcome to sit in my seat.
Consequently after we reverted to our original seating, my wife explained (in tears) to the Economy Purser the situation and treatment, who agreed this is no way to speak to someone particularly a paying customer. It was evident from my wife's discussion with the Economy Class Purser that this individual had a similar attitude and tone with other staff and that this attitude was not unique (at least with intra staff communication) with the Business Class Purser in question.

I consequently went and spoke to the Business Class Purser in question, due to the fact she needed to be set straight on the matter. I had to address the issue directly with her, since there were no other more senior staff apart from the pilot. I explained in no uncertain terms to the Purser that:

A) She had spoken to my wife in an agressive and inappropriate manner, which is not at all in the ethos of basic customer service
B) That I had previously advised several staff of our situation and that I would sit in my wife's seat in Economy, including that I advised her directly myself of this
C) I am the CEO of a company and would never even speak to my staff in this way, let alone a paying customer
D) That my wife was so shocked and upset at her poor customer service treatment, that she was in tears
E) Consequently I am so appalled at the situation I will be reporting her to the airline and after this trip am not flying with Qatar Airlines again

The Business Class Purser, whilst apologetic, obviously cognizant this was a career threatening situation and clearly trying to protect herself; denied behaving aggressively with my wife and simultaneously asking me not to report it. She made the point that it was company policy for lesser class (Economy) ticketed customers to not be allowed to sit in higher class (Business) seats.

I pose the following questions, to both the airline in question and the general public:
1) where is my wife supposed to sit whilst my daughter is attended to by myself, when we have paid for 2 x full fare Economy and 1 x full fare Business seats?
2) why is the apparent policy of fare class seat swapping not applied consistently across flights, communicated poorly and unclear; and at very least inappropriate for parents travelling in different fare classes?
3) why does a supposed manager in a service industry display such poor customer service and communication skills?
4) I wonder is the policy simply that fare class seat swapping is not permitted at all, or that the policy is applicable in certain circumstances and not others; and
5) Is additionally either unclear to staff and management, or not appropriate in all situations?

Needless to say with this situation I feel compelled to report this formally to the airline and simultaneously feel cheated of my hard-earned for our flight fares. Neither the Business fare, nor the Economy fare represent anywhere near basic expectations of value for money. We are not looking forward to completing our return flights.

Furthermore I fly very regularly for work and have flown Business Class on nearly all premium airlines (Singapore, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad); and my observation is that the overall service and food experience with Qatar Airlines Business Class is very sub-par to all these airlines. I could go into many details of service failure in these two flights, such as the inability to even provide my request for some fruit (went and got my own fruit cup from Economy) and many other service/food issues; however considering the above-mentioned matter those are insignificant and for another day.

For me, this entire situation is proof and a classic example of airline companies and their total failure to deliver on their marketing message of a purported premium service in higher fare classes and upper echelons of alliance and frequent flier tier status. Oneworld alliance premium recognition and global airline awards (i.e. Skytrax) are really farcical.

This scenario also demonstrates that my personal airline budget of USD60K plus per annum is wasted on and not valued by an airline like Qatar Airways.
Get a private jet. Nothing else will appease you.

Also, if you want Q Suites, buy those tickets. Buy your kids Q suites tickets if you want them there. Don't be cheap. Seat swapping is not allowed. Stop complaining and start following the rules.

No one here cares you are a CEO--many here are.

Take care.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:05 am

It would have been wise to check if this could have worked before flying instead of planning an act which is not normally acceptable.

On second leg (which this summary mostly relates to), I explained to two Business Class Flight Attendants including Business Class Purser, that I would be going to my wife in economy to assist with our daughter.
No mention of your wife visiting Business Class. No wonder the Purser took umbrage.

1) where is my wife supposed to sit whilst my daughter is attended to by myself, when we have paid for 2 x full fare Economy and 1 x full fare Business seats?
Certainly not in a Business Class seat. One of you needs to hang around the galley or door area where there's a bit of space, or just in the aisle although that might be a pain.

Needless to say with this situation I feel compelled to report this formally to the airline and simultaneously feel cheated of my hard-earned for our flight fares. Neither the Business fare, nor the Economy fare represent anywhere near basic expectations of value for money. We are not looking forward to completing our return flights.
If your letter is to have any effect, don't write it in the style of your post which comes across as obnoxious and very much a DYKWIA. You were just a trio of fare paying customers among a few hundred others on a bus with wings and that's all. You hoped to beat the system and got caught.
beepee, NoY, impeymac and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:11 am

Took business class recently and the quality of food seems to drop drastically... Plating is good but the quality is bad. And the options are also cut with supper service menu introduced and same breakfast menu dishes. Breakfast energiser juice seems to be cut?
ashkale likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Route: SYD DIA TXL

In this overview I am reviewing my personal Qatar Airways in flight experience whilst traveling with my family.

QR Fare Class/Status: Business Class C (Full Flexi) for myself; Economy Class (Full) for my wife and daughter. I am Oneworld Emerald (Qantas Platinum).

First Leg Business: pleasant experience, good service, food average

Second Leg Business: awful experience, terrible service, food poor

Issue: during first leg, staff happy to accommodate a seat swap between my wife and I, so I could assist in looking after our 4 year old daughter.

Before we swapped seats, my wife also checked with an Economy Flight Attendant and they agreed is OK. I sat in Economy with my daughter for an hour initially, my wife in my Business seat. My wife came back after first hour, initially upset and then in tears due to a very nasty attitude from the Business Class Purser who:
a) slammed open the Business suite door, despite my wife having Do Not Disturb on
b) sarcastically and aggressively asked if she was alright, then without waiting for any answer or clarification from my wife
c) slammed the suite door shut and stormed off
d) the Business Class Purser returned again to my wife and demanded to "speak with your husband regarding why she is sitting in business" but refused to discuss the matter with my wife

Needless to say, my wife felt humiliated and denegrated, due to an unecessarily aggressively delivered message that she was not welcome to sit in my seat.
Consequently after we reverted to our original seating, my wife explained (in tears) to the Economy Purser the situation and treatment, who agreed this is no way to speak to someone particularly a paying customer. It was evident from my wife's discussion with the Economy Class Purser that this individual had a similar attitude and tone with other staff and that this attitude was not unique (at least with intra staff communication) with the Business Class Purser in question.

I consequently went and spoke to the Business Class Purser in question, due to the fact she needed to be set straight on the matter. I had to address the issue directly with her, since there were no other more senior staff apart from the pilot. I explained in no uncertain terms to the Purser that:

A) She had spoken to my wife in an agressive and inappropriate manner, which is not at all in the ethos of basic customer service
B) That I had previously advised several staff of our situation and that I would sit in my wife's seat in Economy, including that I advised her directly myself of this
C) I am the CEO of a company and would never even speak to my staff in this way, let alone a paying customer
D) That my wife was so shocked and upset at her poor customer service treatment, that she was in tears
E) Consequently I am so appalled at the situation I will be reporting her to the airline and after this trip am not flying with Qatar Airlines again

The Business Class Purser, whilst apologetic, obviously cognizant this was a career threatening situation and clearly trying to protect herself; denied behaving aggressively with my wife and simultaneously asking me not to report it. She made the point that it was company policy for lesser class (Economy) ticketed customers to not be allowed to sit in higher class (Business) seats.

I pose the following questions, to both the airline in question and the general public:
2) why is the apparent policy of fare class seat swapping not applied consistently across flights, communicated poorly and unclear; and at very least inappropriate for parents travelling in different fare classes?
3) why does a supposed manager in a service industry display such poor customer service and communication skills?
4) I wonder is the policy simply that fare class seat swapping is not permitted at all, or that the policy is applicable in certain circumstances and not others; and
5) Is additionally either unclear to staff and management, or not appropriate in all situations?

Furthermore I fly very regularly for work and have flown Business Class on nearly all premium airlines (Singapore, Qantas, Emirates, Etihad); and my observation is that the overall service and food experience with Qatar Airlines Business Class is very sub-par to all these airlines. I could go into many details of service failure in these two flights, such as the inability to even provide my request for some fruit (went and got my own fruit cup from Economy) and many other service/food issues; however considering the above-mentioned matter those are insignificant and for another day.

For me, this entire situation is proof and a classic example of airline companies and their total failure to deliver on their marketing message of a purported premium service in higher fare classes and upper echelons of alliance and frequent flier tier status. Oneworld alliance premium recognition and global airline awards (i.e. Skytrax) are really farcical.

This scenario also demonstrates that my personal airline budget of USD60K plus per annum is wasted on and not valued by an airline like Qatar Airways.
My wife would divorce me if I sit (company paid) in J and she and my daughter in Y. Even more, when I kindly offer 'to swap a few times' but still won't buy them a J ticket.
NoY, Firemansam and stuwilky like this.
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:30 am

The "miles travelled" divided by "time spent in the air" numbers in my dashboard personal travel stats (during either the last 12 months or over my lifetime) suggest that QR aircraft fly at over 1,000 miles per hour.

It's not a complaint, rant or problem, just an intractible issue with the time/space/IT continuum
Old Dec 27, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by texex91
Get a private jet. Nothing else will appease you.

Also, if you want Q Suites, buy those tickets. Buy your kids Q suites tickets if you want them there. Don't be cheap. Seat swapping is not allowed. Stop complaining and start following the rules.

No one here cares you are a CEO--many here are.

Take care.
Ditto. [email protected]..... what a hide you must have.... what about the constant disruption to other guests. If you're the CEO, buy Business for the whole family and stop complaining, or better still, trade in your Business ticket that the company paid for and go back to Economy with the rest of your family, set an example for your 4 year old..... I am staggered at the arrogance
beepee, NoY, craig44485 and 7 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Just top up a bit more for your wife to fly in J. Your complaint is based on a favor which crew may or may not oblige. Just pay for J, other passengers in the cabin will not be appreciative of this seat swap game.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by ashkale
Just top up a bit more for your wife to fly in J. Your complaint is based on a favor which crew may or may not oblige. Just pay for J, other passengers in the cabin will not be appreciative of this seat swap game.
Agree, at the end nobody cares on board if you paid FULL Y or you are on mistake fare.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by Duck1981
My wife would divorce me if I sit (company paid) in J and she and my daughter in Y.
I did it once & survived! Got champagne sent back which helped!
blackdog047 likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
For me, this entire situation is proof and a classic example of airline companies and their total failure to deliver on their marketing message of a purported premium service in higher fare classes and upper echelons of alliance and frequent flier tier status. Oneworld alliance premium recognition and global airline awards (i.e. Skytrax) are really farcical..
They did offer a premium service to their higher fare class passengers though. They restricted access to the premium cabins to those who had paid for it. Having all the status in the world does not allow you to switch seats with passengers in lower cabins frequently during a flight. It does sound like the crew member did not handle your wife in the most professional manner, but frequent switches is not on.

Sorry but this makes you sound a bit foolish. As a CEO you should know this is an insignificant amount to an airline. Add a couple of zeros they'll be interested.
Brighterside and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 6:56 am

1. No more butter and cheese in the food in Economy.
2. Business Class lounge in HIA (Doha) is always full from 12mn-3am. They don't open other lounges until the BC lounge is jam packed with passengers. Many people are walking around to look for vacant seats. It's like a market inside. Very poor customer service.

Time to switch to other FF program.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 8:04 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ABG2202
1. No more butter and cheese in the food in Economy.
2. Business Class lounge in HIA (Doha) is always full from 12mn-3am. They don't open other lounges until the BC lounge is jam packed with passengers. Many people are walking around to look for vacant seats. It's like a market inside. Very poor customer service.

Time to switch to other FF program.
1. Maybe that can be a go-around
2. Wait until half past midnight to enter the lounge (or just exit and re-enter) when they overflow business class lounge to first class lounge and first class lounge to Al Mourjan
3. What ffp are you thinking about ?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 12:13 am

Programs: QR Plat
Holy manure the new safety video is annoying... just been blasted with it and the volume far too loud.

-A
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
Holy manure the new safety video is annoying... just been blasted with it and the volume far too loud.

-A
Oh, having just looked on YouTube, if it is this monstrosity I completely agree that it is very annoying. Hopefully they will change it before I fly next...

Do they still play it twice, once in Arabic and again in English?

NoY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.