Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: QR Plat
Ive found a new thing to annoy me. All gates on all stations seem to be set to ‘go to gate’ before there is even staff at gate, and ‘boarding’ 30 mins before actual boarding. Today I had a flight showing ‘last call’ before even actual boarding had started.

-A
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
OK, I've finally cracked.

I have tried to cut QR some slack over the last 18 months, times are hard. I have tried to stay calm about the FFP "enhancements" this year. And I have at times even found ways to convince myself the higher fares are worth paying.

But when their online system just generates an email to the same person who told you not to email them but do it all online, and who then isn't interested in being told there are website bugs which mean you can't do it online so that is why you are having to email them (again), and their responses are of patronising disbelief, trying to achieve anything becomes an exercise in timewasting futility.

Great in the air, in fact the crews seem much friendlier and chatty of late. But as many people have said, truly awful customer service
Can't agree more, while having flown almost 100% of my long haul with Qatar J for the last 3 years, I'm starting a new era now, flying EVA air J in 2 days, and Oman Air J in March. Qatar Airways lost my loyalty.
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by quinzinho
The long flights are with Edelweiss? And then you complain Qatar is twice the price? Come on...
No entirely sure what your point is - unless it's that Edelweiss is somehow substandard. It isn't.
At least in long-haul business it isn't

But it isn't Qatar. The on-board service is SWISS standard, delivered by (mainly) Swiss nationals. You might well prefer the QR approach - I'm happy with both, or either. So it's a case of YMMV, and for those happy to pay twice as much to travel on Qatar that's fine ......

The Edelweiss problem comes with how miles accrue to Star Alliance partners.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Can't agree more, while having flown almost 100% of my long haul with Qatar J for the last 3 years, I'm starting a new era now, flying EVA air J in 2 days, and Oman Air J in March. Qatar Airways lost my loyalty.
I've tried Oman Air's long haul J and thought it was good. I've switched a few bookings to them over the next couple of months. They have also status matched me straight away It's a much smaller route network but works for a lot of my travel. We shall see how it goes...
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:44 pm

another issue with QR,

Checked on SIN-DOH-MAD-DOH-SIN qcredit avaibility.

Outbound all x2, but inbound available so went to book it,

but somehow, when i log in after tickets has been issued, the award availability is gone! cannot be upgraded even though the qmiles redemption is still available.

Then i did another dummy, MAD-DOH-SIN one way award, the dreaded x2 appear

but amazingly, when i check back on SIN-DOH-MAD-DOH-SIN, the return leg is available again! ...?

qcredits expiring in 2 weeks time which is totally annoying.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Gold, M&M FQT
Originally Posted by tboons
another issue with QR,

Checked on SIN-DOH-MAD-DOH-SIN qcredit avaibility.

Outbound all x2, but inbound available so went to book it,

but somehow, when i log in after tickets has been issued, the award availability is gone! cannot be upgraded even though the qmiles redemption is still available.

Then i did another dummy, MAD-DOH-SIN one way award, the dreaded x2 appear

but amazingly, when i check back on SIN-DOH-MAD-DOH-SIN, the return leg is available again! ...?

qcredits expiring in 2 weeks time which is totally annoying.
Had a similar issue with an upgrade. The only thing I can say is: keep calm and never stop trying! I don't know why, but for me it suddenly worked after 1 week or so. Also try with the app: one segment worked there, the other one worked at my laptop...
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Inzaghi22
Had a similar issue with an upgrade. The only thing I can say is: keep calm and never stop trying! I don't know why, but for me it suddenly worked after 1 week or so. Also try with the app: one segment worked there, the other one worked at my laptop...
Aha, you nailed it, "keep calm and never stop trying" is the way to deal with Qatar Airways awful customer service and loyalty program nowadays.

I ve happily switched my travels to other airlines following Qatar Airways betrayal of their faithful customers (overnight 50% devaluation of Qmiles last May,, no more QRPC service by phone even in case of urgent problem, and so on..).

I m posting this from EVA air 777 J class, and to my surprise the inflight experience is slightly better than Qatar Airways's, with a geat seat, slightly better food than QR, much better wines (Krug 2004 champagne and 2011 Bordeaux St Emillion B-) ) , mattress pad and pyjamas, and unlimited 24hrs fast wifi for 21 usd only.

And i can get Star Alliance miles worth double the value of Qmiles at a cheaper ticket price !

​​​​​You can keep messing up with your customers Qatar Airways, i don't care anymore :-))

Last edited by Alfredbali; Dec 26, 2018 at 6:06 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 4:52 am

Wanted to give Qatar Airways another chance, and also experienced the bad customer service again:

i have a booking on hold (business class I fare) and fare rules regarding this booking are not available on QR website, nor attached with the email i received from Qatar Airways .

I called the service center in Doha:

First respondent couldn't find the change and cancellation fees after keeping me on the phone for 20 mn!

i hung up and called again .this time i got verbal confirmation of the fees and asked the QR representative to send me the rules by email.

I received an itinerary confirmation email .without the fare rules !!

I then sent an email to QRPC requesting the fare rules, their answer was i should contact the sales office..

okayyyyy

​​​​​​Getting worse every day at Qatar Airways customer service, first time i experience an airline incapable of confirming cancellation and change fees.
NoY, Traveller999 and clubeurope like this.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Jan 19, 2019 at 7:04 am
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:44 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Wanted to give Qatar Airways another chance, and also experienced the bad customer service again:

i have a booking on hold (business class I fare) and fare rules regarding this booking are not available on QR website, nor attached with the email i received from Qatar Airways .

I called the service center in Doha:

First respondent couldn't find the change and cancellation fees after keeping me on the phone for 20 mn!

i hung up and called again .this time i got verbal confirmation of the fees and asked the QR representative to send me the rules by email.

I received an itinerary confirmation email .without the fare rules !!

I then sent an email to QRPC requesting the fare rules, their answer was i should contact the sales office..

okayyyyy

​​​​​​Getting worse every day at Qatar Airways customer service, first time i experience an airline incapable of confirming cancellation and change fees.
sorry to hear of your experience. I've had much trouble getting the correct fare rules myself (differing price quotes everywhere)

this unfortunately is very typical for Qatar Airways.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:00 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
When looking for a quotation on a specific date, the bar showing minimum-prices on other nearby (earlier or later) dates can be frustrating, when it shows a lower-price which isn't actually available on-that-date after all.

Teaser or just crap computer-systems ? Either way it's annoying !
Old Jan 20, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
When looking for a quotation on a specific date, the bar showing minimum-prices on other nearby (earlier or later) dates can be frustrating, when it shows a lower-price which isn't actually available on-that-date after all.

Teaser or just crap computer-systems ? Either way it's annoying !
That's not unique to QR, but I agree it is very snnoying.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope
sorry to hear of your experience. I've had much trouble getting the correct fare rules myself (differing price quotes everywhere)

this unfortunately is very typical for Qatar Airways.
Follow up on my request to get the fare rules for my reservation,: i called again Qatar Airways, asked the representative (again... Already 3rd request) to send me the fare rules by email which he confirmed he would send me.....

Received no email at all..

Laughably bad service....

I don't like being lied at so i just decided not to confirm this reservation and will look for another airline which respects its customers..
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.

Last edited by Alfredbali; Jan 20, 2019 at 9:51 am
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:56 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Rant ahead:

QR Platinum/OW Emerald. I fly in and out of Doha several times a month for work, and always have a hard time dealing with staff on the ground at Hamad International. Nearly every time I go to the dedicated Platinum line, there's no one there and I usually have to dodge the elastic stanchions to go up to the counter. On my last time at the airport, when I did that the agent at the desk quickly got up and repeatedly said his counter was closed... then when I showed him my Platinum card, he changed the subject and proceeded to help. Neat.

The bigger issue is this: there is a small sign as you leave the check-in counters indicating that QR Gold/Plats can use the Al Mourjan Business class customs and security lines to the right. Four out of five times, the security agent will say that since we're flying economy, we need to go back and use the regular lines instead of the Business one. I've taken pictures of the sign and always have to push back hard, and always get a response of "oh yeah, this is a new rule they just changed this week" or something to that effect. The last time I flew out last week, the agent said the same thing and my colleague [also QR Plat] asked to speak to a manager. At this point, a Qatari customs agent sauntered towards us and got pissed that my colleague was frustrated at this constant charade. Being an Arabic speaker and Gulf national, I diffused the situation and the agent allowed us to be processed at the Business line, but yelled at the other agent checking our tickets to tell Qatar Airways to remove the sign saying that Golds/Plats can use the Business lines. According to him, QR implemented that sign/service on their own accord and that the Business line should only process Business class passengers.

Whatever the case is, it's clear mismanagement and miscommunication on QR's/HIA's side at the inconvenience of the passenger. Note to self: never using the Business line again unless flying Business class.

khabah
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by khabah
Rant ahead:

QR Platinum/OW Emerald. I fly in and out of Doha several times a month for work, and always have a hard time dealing with staff on the ground at Hamad International. Nearly every time I go to the dedicated Platinum line, there's no one there and I usually have to dodge the elastic stanchions to go up to the counter. On my last time at the airport, when I did that the agent at the desk quickly got up and repeatedly said his counter was closed... then when I showed him my Platinum card, he changed the subject and proceeded to help. Neat.

The bigger issue is this: there is a small sign as you leave the check-in counters indicating that QR Gold/Plats can use the Al Mourjan Business class customs and security lines to the right. Four out of five times, the security agent will say that since we're flying economy, we need to go back and use the regular lines instead of the Business one. I've taken pictures of the sign and always have to push back hard, and always get a response of "oh yeah, this is a new rule they just changed this week" or something to that effect. The last time I flew out last week, the agent said the same thing and my colleague [also QR Plat] asked to speak to a manager. At this point, a Qatari customs agent sauntered towards us and got pissed that my colleague was frustrated at this constant charade. Being an Arabic speaker and Gulf national, I diffused the situation and the agent allowed us to be processed at the Business line, but yelled at the other agent checking our tickets to tell Qatar Airways to remove the sign saying that Golds/Plats can use the Business lines. According to him, QR implemented that sign/service on their own accord and that the Business line should only process Business class passengers.

Whatever the case is, it's clear mismanagement and miscommunication on QR's/HIA's side at the inconvenience of the passenger. Note to self: never using the Business line again unless flying Business class.

khabah
I always use the Business/First immigration and security when departing from DOH in economy. Haven't had any issues or questions so far. And yes, that sign does exist and has been there at least 6 months, so no excuses from the staff that it is a new rule. Using the Biz line really does reduce the time as the immigration lines at DOH can be significant. I wish QR would just clarify what you get as a QR Gold/Plat.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by khabah
Rant ahead:

Just curious, -- how many people were in the regular line at the time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.