FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2019, 12:54 pm
ffs852
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
HKG-DOH route equipment lottery: ever since Qsuites rolled out, every time I book HKG-DOH-somewhere, there is always some sort of last minute equipment change so I still haven't tried the new product despite it is already out for 2 years. QR is becoming like CX Regional and Air Canada with equipment lottery.

HKG-DOH QR811 19MAY - lightning strike caused 2 hour delay, equipment changed from B773 Qsuites to 773 2-2-2 old business seating. They just stuffed me in the middle aisle seat despite I requested window seat - they gave the 1K window seat to a CX Silver with 1J blocked off, so much for OW Emerald status. Horrible queue management at HKG check-in, had to raise my voice when there is a non-stop stream of people cutting the queue for Biz check-in.

DOH-LHR QR11 20MAY - yet another sub from A359 to the same old B773 with 2-2-2. Again, just randomly stuffed me somewhere in J.

I am not putting my hopes on the return LHR-DOH-HKG segments which are supposedly Qsuites. If it goes on like this I am moving on to AY via HEL - their prices ex HKG is great nowadays, shorter flight and the transfer is painless.

Last edited by ffs852; May 20, 2019 at 12:59 pm