Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
QR's customer service really is truly dreadful, with just the occasional bright spot to surprise us.

But it's not clear what more you expect - after asking for compensation you received compensation. It's a shame it wasn't in a form particularly useful to you, but mileage confetti is a pretty standard way of handling complaints.

While it's true that AA gave me a $200 voucher when they forgot to load DVD players between Paris and Miami, it's also true the voucher has proved impossible to use. Confetti.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:05 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hi Bostan,

Sorry to hear of your recent issues on-board to BOS.

Before I give you the obvious response to QR Customer service, can I clarify whether the J cabin was full? I presume it was, otherwise QR staff would have moved you...

Your status with BA, as you rightly say, doesn't carry much with QR CS. However, had you had the same issue on BA, you would not have been looked after as well as in the past, as BA have recently changed their policy on the number of Avios offered for inflight issues.

With regards to your suggestions to QR of waiving fees etc, sounds sensible. However, QR often lack imagination, and the CS team are slightly hamstrung in terms of what they can offer you.

I shall await your comments with regards to how busy the cabin was.

Safe travels,

M
Old Aug 5, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Hi Bostan,

Sorry to hear of your recent issues on-board to BOS.

Before I give you the obvious response to QR Customer service, can I clarify whether the J cabin was full? I presume it was, otherwise QR staff would have moved you...

Your status with BA, as you rightly say, doesn't carry much with QR CS. However, had you had the same issue on BA, you would not have been looked after as well as in the past, as BA have recently changed their policy on the number of Avios offered for inflight issues.

With regards to your suggestions to QR of waiving fees etc, sounds sensible. However, QR often lack imagination, and the CS team are slightly hamstrung in terms of what they can offer you.

I shall await your comments with regards to how busy the cabin was.

Safe travels,

M

Thank you for your comments. Pardon my ignorance, it's my first time having such an issue with QR, and I guess I expected a more customer friendly response.

The flight was completely full, across all cabins. The purser said she wanted to move me to economy so that I could watch a movie during the meal service but every seat on the flight was occupied.

As for compensation, I am not expecting a free first class ticket (as ningyo has suggested). I guess I was expecting perhaps a travel voucher or something - it would be more useful that 5000 (useless) Qmiles.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:02 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
You can also use qmiles as part payment for duty free items at DOH if you do end up accepting them and transiting through DOH again.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by bostan
Thank you for your comments. Pardon my ignorance, it's my first time having such an issue with QR, and I guess I expected a more customer friendly response.

The flight was completely full, across all cabins. The purser said she wanted to move me to economy so that I could watch a movie during the meal service but every seat on the flight was occupied.

As for compensation, I am not expecting a free first class ticket (as ningyo has suggested). I guess I was expecting perhaps a travel voucher or something - it would be more useful that 5000 (useless) Qmiles.
Absolutely no problem in terms of your OP - I just wanted to clarify whether the cabin was full.

Now, excuse me while I go a little stereotypical.

QR CS operates a bit like a souk at times. You would never accept the first offer in the market, so no need to do so now. As such, negotiate.

I had no IFE in F from CDG-DOH and was offered a starting point of 5,000 Qmiles. I settled at 15,000 which I was content with - although I'll likely donate them to charity!

Your flight was longer than mine, albeit in J, so I would aim for 10,000-12,500.

One of the keys to negotiating by email, is to explain your disappointment etc...yet also acknowledging how hard the crew worked to try and resolve the issue.

Keep in touch with QR support, and don't specifically say what you want...let them get to a figure closer to 10,000 Qmiles, and then say what you'd like.

Safe travels,

M
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:26 am

I understand your frustration, and agree that there should be alternative compensation other than miles such as travel vouchers. msm20000uk is correct in that you should aim for 10,000 qmiles and then you can use them to buy something at duty free as purple1addict suggested.

I have a tip if you have this problem again in the future on the A350/A380/787, a lot of the issues are due to the touchscreen controllers. The A350 IFE tends to be more reliable in my experience, it is a different system than the 787 one. The touchscreen controllers are getting a redesign which should enter service next year. In the meantime if you have a repeat of the issue ask for the cabin crew to perform a reset that enables the touchscreen function of the main screen and bypass the touchscreen controller. If the cabin crew doesn't know how to perform it, ask them politely to find another one that can or the more senior one.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:34 am

Absolutely no problem in terms of your OP - I just wanted to clarify whether the cabin was full.

Now, excuse me while I go a little stereotypical.

QR CS operates a bit like a souk at times. You would never accept the first offer in the market, so no need to do so now. As such, negotiate.

I had no IFE in F from CDG-DOH and was offered a starting point of 5,000 Qmiles. I settled at 15,000 which I was content with - although I'll likely donate them to charity!

Your flight was longer than mine, albeit in J, so I would aim for 10,000-12,500.

One of the keys to negotiating by email, is to explain your disappointment etc...yet also acknowledging how hard the crew worked to try and resolve the issue.

Keep in touch with QR support, and don't specifically say what you want...let them get to a figure closer to 10,000 Qmiles, and then say what you'd like.

Safe travels,

M
Dear msm20000uk,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will email QR support and let you know what ends up happening.

As purple1addict has mentioned, I'll probably just use the miles for credit towards duty free items when I transit in DOH next time. Or better yet, donate them to charity, as you have suggested.

Despite what happens, I probably wouldn't choose to fly QR or any middle eastern airline in the future. Their lack of customer support does not make up for the bells and whistles they provide on board (or on the ground).

Thanks for sharing your experiences, helpful comments and suggestions!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:49 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Do I have an argument at least to earn the correct amount of miles for the doh - Fco leg?
I'm not sure of the logisitics of getting them, but if you request "Original Routing Credit" it should help.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:35 am

Mr_Ed what a way to start a journey! I hope you are not too delayed as a result.

If you look at http://www.qatarairways.com/Privileg...ge?mid=4&sid=1 you may find the last paragraph useful.
"Important Information:
For tickets upgraded to Business or First Class under certain promotional offering or using Qmiles/Qcredits, Members will earn Qmiles based on original booking class purchased. Please check your ticket or contact any Qatar Airways office for details."

in particular "Members will earn Qmiles based on original booking class purchased."
Taken slightly out of context but it establishes the principle of original booking class.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: QR Gold
Sorry to hear about your flight and IFE>

I agree sometimes the IFE remote is not responsive. Believe it or not in my QR350 flight i did manage to have the menu onscreen and choose my IFE onscreen, but it was very complicated which I forgot how to repeat!

The best IFE to me is on the 777 and A330, simple buttons to select.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
My last flight in Singapore Airlines they did not have the meal I had pre booked. The cabin crew were highly apologetic and give me sgd 150 voucher to be redeemed in duty free at the airport or in flight.

The apology and what I consider more than token compensation (immediately and in flight) is something which will make singapore air the best airline to fly with for me.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
My last flight in Singapore Airlines they did not have the meal I had pre booked. The cabin crew were highly apologetic and give me sgd 150 voucher to be redeemed in duty free at the airport or in flight.

The apology and what I consider more than token compensation (immediately and in flight) is something which will make singapore air the best airline to fly with for me.
I completely agree. I usually fly BA, SQ and CX for their customer service (yes BA *cue GASP!* - never had a bad flight with them). I once had the controller not retracting fully on CX, and it was jutting out a little - not to any point of discomfort. The crew were so apologetic and offered me USD100 to be used on inflight shopping! The Asian carriers really know how to keep their customers with service inflight and on the ground. Even without free chauffeur service or a super extensive menu in premium cabins, I have many colleagues who would go out of their way to fly them over the ME3...
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:34 am

Dear msm20000uk,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will email QR support and let you know what ends up happening.

As purple1addict has mentioned, I'll probably just use the miles for credit towards duty free items when I transit in DOH next time. Or better yet, donate them to charity, as you have suggested.

Despite what happens, I probably wouldn't choose to fly QR or any middle eastern airline in the future. Their lack of customer support does not make up for the bells and whistles they provide on board (or on the ground).

Thanks for sharing your experiences, helpful comments and suggestions!
I appreciate your comments about the unlikelihood of flying QR again, but many have said it...and yet they come back due to the fares.

Hopefully your second experience with QR will be more enjoyable than your last.

M
Old Aug 5, 2016, 10:38 am

I appreciate your comments about the unlikelihood of flying QR again, but many have said it...and yet they come back due to the fares.

Hopefully your second experience with QR will be more enjoyable than your last.

M
Haha very true!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
"As a gesture of goodwill, we would like to offer you 5000/- Qmiles which can be credited to your Privilege Club membership account upon request. Qmiles are to be credited to Qatar Airways frequent flyer account only.

If you are not a member of the Privilege Club, our frequent flier programme, you are kindly requested to visit www.qmiles.comto instantly enrol. Once enrolled, please forward us your membership number in order for us to arrange for the credit of the Qmiles."

Now I don't know what they're thinking, ....
Perhaps.... If they give you 5 or 10K QR miles, you'll start flying QR more often so that the miles don't become orphaned.

I've only had one incident which required an interaction with QR customer service, it was a few years ago. Over a couple of weeks and several email exchanges, we reached a mutually agreeable resolution to the problem. However, the gentleman with whom I was talking was so pleasant, helpful, easy to deal with, and understanding of my situation that when AAdvantage started changing the rules late last year, I enrolled in QRPC and haven't looked back. QR is now my primary carrier; and I'm very pleased with it.

I admit that it does appear from the posts in this forum, however, that my experience with QR customer service may have been an outlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.