Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 9:30 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
On a recent long flight I was the sole passenger in F.

Most of the aspects of this flight were fine but one thing I did notice and that kind of bothered me was the high foot traffic of staff going to the F toilets.

Since I was alone in the cabin, the service towards me was performed by one dedicated FA and that is how I first noticed it: A lot of staff I didn't see anytime during the flight doing any service in F cabin was going through the cabin on multiple occasions.

I noticed this during my wake hours and later during the night. They were all careful no to make any noise but it irked me going to the toilet only to find it occupied *). Later when the toilet was vacant I found "traces" from last visitor. Toilet lid open, rubbish left from dental kit, rubbish in zink.

Now, I do understand staff needs to go to toilet during a flight. But on the preceding F flight (with more paying customers in F cabin) there had not been that kind of traffic, so I just want to know if others think this is what one should accept in F. And is it "normal" or was it a less well trained crew?

*) Yes I know there are 2 toilets. So at not time was there any emergency due to this
Attached Images   
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Intuition I would personally write to Qatar and send them these photos - the link on the website with the complaints form with spaces for uploads etc is http://www.qatarairways.com/us/en/tell-us.page

Do you have a QRPC account though? as I expect the currency of compensation would be qmiles...!
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, I am slightly reluctant to make a formal complaint. I can't be sure it was staff (could have been someone sneaking up from Y) and I wouldn't want to get a whole crew in trouble. I guess I should have had a small talk with the purser while onboard.

I do have a QRPC account, and while I naturally appreciate more miles I am mainly out to know what to expect in QR F.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 1:33 pm

intuition as you point out there are two toilets for the eight passengers in the First class cabin, and you were the only passenger. Surely you cannot use both toilets at the same time?
Setting aside the difference in quality of these two toilets compared to the others I think that the cabin crew acted reasonably in relieving pressure on the other toilets giving passengers a better service.
Since there is a single toilet almost beside the foot of the stairs then a passenger fron the lower deck using the toilet is a strong possibility.
That it was a thoughtless, selfish FA is another possibility.
A third possibility is that another FA played a prank on 'your' FA trying to cause trouble. If this is the case then a harmless prank could escalate to eventually become a threat to flight safety.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:39 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, there are many possible explanations.

My main concern is not the usage of toilets but the foot traffic through F cabin.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 4:30 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Regrettably, the crew do use the F staircase more than they should - SOP states they should use the back staircase but this involves unwrapping the thick curtain at the back of the bar, so most avoid it.

I would certainly write to QR, but I would have also said something to the crew onboard.

M
Old Nov 20, 2016, 5:29 am

Programs: LH FTL
Well, not really a rant or complaint, but something I found quite annoying: On two different occasion on a B787 (so not an issue with a specific aircraft) I found the IFE/headset in J way too loud. I already set it to lowest possible level (next would have been silence) but couldn't listen to it for more than a couple of minutes comfortably. I wonder whether I am the only one? Are all at QR hard of hearing?
No issues with that on an A330, btw.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:13 am

ex-koelner I have to agree entirely with you on this matter. I am very hard of hearing and use hearing aids. Even if I turn them off and use them as earplugs the volume is still painful. I think that the person who electronically set the volume controls must have been almost stone deaf. It is not just one or two but all B787s that I have had the misfortune to fly in that have this problem. Very high noise levels are harmful so this problem should be solved immediately.
Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
And I thought it was just me! Last couple of 787 flights the volume was awfully loud even at its lowest level. I hope they will fix it...
Old Nov 20, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Flying from OSL to DOH in J yesterday, there was only enough champagne on board to serve a single pre departure drink to each passenger, with no champagne available after take off. Is this normal or was there a particularly thirsty group of passengers on the inbound flight, assuming the bar does not get replenished in OSL?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:05 am
Moderator, Finnair

I flew OSL-DOH a few weeks ago and 2 varieties of champagne was available at take-off and later.
I'm thinking you had the misfortune of either a loading error or thirsty pax on the outbound.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
Well, not really a rant or complaint, but something I found quite annoying: On two different occasion on a B787 (so not an issue with a specific aircraft) I found the IFE/headset in J way too loud. I already set it to lowest possible level (next would have been silence) but couldn't listen to it for more than a couple of minutes comfortably. I wonder whether I am the only one?
No, you are not. I've noticed it, too. It also happens on other carriers.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Involuntary downgrade from First to Business - the saga continues

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe

Regarding my involuntary downgrade, I was told that as I have already been provided with an alternative flight, the matter of any possible compensation must be handled by Qatar Customer Care, who, I was told, cannot be contacted by phone. I called back about 20 minutes later (remembering the souk advice from MSM2000) and was told exactly the same, so I shall be sending them an email, asking if one of the two flights I already have booked for the first half of next year can be upgraded to First on that same leg that has been downgraded this time. To me this seems eminently fair and reasonable, but whether Qatar share that view is another matter. I will report back on what they say.
I emailed [email protected] on September 25th, making that suggestion. On my return to the UK at the end of October I realised I had had no reply from QR and sent a reminder email on 28th October, and then another reminder on 2nd November. Finally on 3rd November I received a reply apologising for the involuntary downgrade I had suffered, and offering compensation of USD125 'as a gesture of goodwill' plus EUR180 which they said was the difference in fares between the class ticketed and the class flown.

I replied saying I was not satisfied with this offer, as it would never be enough to upgrade from Business to First and reiterating that I would be happy either to have one of my already booked flights upgraded, or to receive QMiles sufficient to enable me to organise the upgrade myself.

After a further 5 days I received a cut and paste response simply reiterating the previous offer. So I emailed them again setting out the numerous reasons why I considered their offer completely inadequate, and after a further 9 days I received an email from a senior customer care officer, that showed no evidence that the writer had actually read more than the first line of my email, and again restated their - in my opinion - derisory offer.

I emailed again, once more setting out all the reasons why their offer was totally inadequate.

About one week later I received yet another cut and paste reply from another 'senior customer care officer' that again showed no sign that the writer had actually read any of my emails.

By this stage I felt I was banging my head against a brick wall, but fired off another email with just 2 points: 1) that I rejected the derisory offer made and 2) requesting them to explain why they would not award me the requisite number of Qpoints

Several days later I received a reply stating that they had reviewed the matter and wished to revise their offer to EUR698 by way of a non-refundable Electronic Miscellaneous Document valid for one year.

I consider the revised amount offered to be fair, but am hesitant to accept the EMD, as I understand these cannot be used with online bookings, and I understand the QR telephone reservation service is in the UK is poor with very long wait times. Does anyone have any experience of using QR EMDs, and if so how easy was it?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 3:40 pm

OK here's my rant.

I book CPH-DOH-ADL roundtrip in Business Class when it was initially sold as a daily frequency DOH-ADL.

Some time after they reduced frequency on DOH-ADL and one of the two cancelled days happened to be one that I had booked. So my 3hr transit in DOH had now become 28 hours as they simply booked me on the next available DOH-ADL service the following day.

I contacted QR at the call centre to see if I could find an alternative to get my to ADL earlier thinking perhaps they would re-route me via SYD or MEL. The only option they had was to fly CPH-DOH-HKG-ADL (CX) and this would get me into ADL around 15 hours earlier than the 28hr transit option. I accepted this re-route and the call centre agent asked for my passport details as I was entitled to HOTAC at DOH as my transit was now 9hr5min. I provided this.

A couple days later I had a voicemail left on my mobile phone that the HOTAC had been 'offered in error' and I wasn't entitled to it. With a transit time of 9hr5min I couldn't understand this.

I email QR Customer Services and got a reply basically to say no, i'm not entitled to HOTAC without explaining exactly why. I didn't appreciate the tone of the email to be honest and some of the claims made were totally inaccurate. For example 'We can confirm that our staff offered you multiple flight alternatives.' Errrm I wouldn't say a reroute and delay of twelve hours or a twenty four hour delay is really 'multiple alternatives'. And also 'However, we regret to advise that we are unable to accommodate your request for transit hotel accommodation in Doha on this occasion as we have an immediate connecting flight in Doha going to Hong Kong from Copenhagen.' REALLY? A 9hr5min transit is an 'immediate connecting flight'.

I wouldn't be so peeved if I knew QR didn't have a policy in place that generally provides accommodation when the shortest available transit is over 8 hours - they state so on their own website.

All I wanted was a straight answer as to the exact reason why despite the shortest connection time they can offer me being a 9hr5min transit time I am being denied HOTAC when their own website states otherwise.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 5:21 pm

bananahead you appear to be traveling on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday on QR162/QR818 where there is a shorter connection at 21.30 (QR164/QR816). A lot depends upon the departure time of your onward flight from Hong Kong to ADL. It would appear that there is a flight CX101 at 23.55 which connects with QR164/QR816 flights arriving HKG at 20.55. CX111, CX135 and CX161 all connect with the QR162/QR818 flights arriving HKG at 14.55.
Flight CX135 involves a transfer at MEL the other CX flights a transfer at SYD.

Since there is a later connection with a DOH transfer time of only three hours five minutes that day QR are correct in denying you STPC. The big question is if they should have rerouted you all the way from CPH and not just from DOH! That is what you should be complaining about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.