Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Missed connection - change of final destination

Yesterday I flew (at least I wanted to) FRA - DOH - SGN. I then had booked a separate flight on a separate airline to SIN a few hours after scheduled arrivel in SGN. I just wanted to fly to SGN to collect the globetrotter badge.

Sure enough - due to some technical problems with the door - the plane departed Frankfurt late, so I missed my 1hr15 connection in DOH.
QR first wanted to book me on next days flight to SGN (and offered me hotel, food + transport), but I could convince them to fly me directly to SIN a few hours later.

I have two questions now:
1) Had I accepted their suggestion to fly to SGN a day later, I would have qualified for EU251 compensation - do I still qualify for some kind of compensation after having changed the final destination of the QR ticket?

2) Checking my Privilege Club account, I realized Qmiles posted for FRA-DOH and DOH-SIN - thus no bonus miles and no globetrotter badge.
Shouldn't I be eligable to receive the miles for my intended travel instead? (thus including the bonus miles + badge)

I appreciate any comments on how to precede with this matter
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hotwingz
Yesterday I flew (at least I wanted to) FRA - DOH - SGN. I then had booked a separate flight on a separate airline to SIN a few hours after scheduled arrivel in SGN. I just wanted to fly to SGN to collect the globetrotter badge.

Sure enough - due to some technical problems with the door - the plane departed Frankfurt late, so I missed my 1hr15 connection in DOH.
QR first wanted to book me on next days flight to SGN (and offered me hotel, food + transport), but I could convince them to fly me directly to SIN a few hours later.

I have two questions now:
1) Had I accepted their suggestion to fly to SGN a day later, I would have qualified for EU251 compensation - do I still qualify for some kind of compensation after having changed the final destination of the QR ticket?

2) Checking my Privilege Club account, I realized Qmiles posted for FRA-DOH and DOH-SIN - thus no bonus miles and no globetrotter badge.
Shouldn't I be eligable to receive the miles for my intended travel instead? (thus including the bonus miles + badge)

I appreciate any comments on how to precede with this matter
1) Debatable whether you would have been given EU compensation to be honest as QR (rightly or wrongly) would have said the flight departing the EU was less than 3 hours delayed. They may throw some qmiles at you for the trouble if you ask though.

2) I would email with a copy of your original booking and request "Original Routing Credit" for the qmiles and Globetrotter promotion. I think you are the first on this forum to have reported this situation, so there is no precedent, but I would expect QR to manually adjust your earnings in line with your original booking.

Please come back and let us know what happens!
Old Oct 29, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by purple1addict
1) Debatable whether you would have been given EU compensation to be honest as QR (rightly or wrongly) would have said the flight departing the EU was less than 3 hours delayed. They may throw some qmiles at you for the trouble if you ask though.
I recently flew LHR-DOH-MCT with a 1h 25m connection in Doha. A late departure in LHR (a passenger on the wrong flight (!!!) followed by tech failures) meant I missed the connection & had to spend 6 hours in Doha.

I contacted QR asking for an explanation & some Qmiles compensation (pretty please) & received a personal response containing the usual fob-offs. Wasn't a happy bunny but worse things happen at sea.
Old Oct 29, 2016, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by impeymac
a passenger on the wrong flight (!!!)

Originally Posted by impeymac
I contacted QR asking for an explanation & some Qmiles compensation (pretty please) & received a personal response containing the usual fob-offs.
Pretty poor response from QR here At the very least I would have expected them to offer some qmiles.
Old Oct 30, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
We recently had a 4 hour delay after the pilot discovered technical issues during take off.

After spending 30mins on the tarmac the engineering crew said the plane would need to be repaired and couldn’t fly. As a result we were delayed and remained in the terminal (myself, wife and child) and ended up departing at 6:10am instead of 2:15am.

As we have travel delay insurance ill need a letter from Qatar airways acknowledging this delay occurred on that date.. does anyone know where I can get this done or the process?
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by kelix
As we have travel delay insurance ill need a letter from Qatar airways acknowledging this delay occurred on that date.. does anyone know where I can get this done or the process?

Try this:

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/tell-us.page
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by David_DLI
Cheers mate! they were super fast at replying with what i needed.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by kelix
Cheers mate! they were super fast at replying with what i needed.
Glad that it worked for you, my experience with QR CS is like what you experienced. I am aware there are many horror stories about things going wrong for other forum members, but happily so far I can't complain.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold

2) I would email with a copy of your original booking and request "Original Routing Credit" for the qmiles and Globetrotter promotion. I think you are the first on this forum to have reported this situation, so there is no precedent, but I would expect QR to manually adjust your earnings in line with your original booking.

Please come back and let us know what happens!
To report back to you:

I sent them an email asking to credit my original routing and - as expected by you - they manually adjusted the Qmiles. In the end very hassle free and just took a few days to get done, so no big deal.

With regard to the EU compensation, I haven't gotten any reply yet, but assume it will be a longer discussion and then maybe some miles as a 'guesture of goodwill'
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by hotwingz
To report back to you:

I sent them an email asking to credit my original routing and - as expected by you - they manually adjusted the Qmiles. In the end very hassle free and just took a few days to get done, so no big deal.

With regard to the EU compensation, I haven't gotten any reply yet, but assume it will be a longer discussion and then maybe some miles as a 'guesture of goodwill'
Thanks for the update. Great to hear your qmiles were credited without any issues
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:37 pm
Suspended

How PC does upgrades:
Member makes request online. PC checks availability. PC almost always turns down member, citing no availability. Member calls Doha, PC "waitlists" upgrade and asks revenue management if there is space. Tells member to call back. Member calls back, gets upgrade.

How PC should do upgrades:
Member makes request online. PC checks availability. If none, PC checks whether revenue management can make some available.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
How (not) to get a Ticket Reissued

Originally Posted by remdk
To understand QR you need to realise that ... you are a passenger from when you enter the post security departure area until you disembark at the flights destination. While you are a passenger you get five star treatment but outside of this you are nothing!
I did not experience the five-star treatment when requesting a ticket reissue. I was in Doha a few days ago having flown CAI-DOH late evening as the first sector of an LONE3, scheduled to continue DOH-ORD after about 9 hours overnight.

I decided I would prefer to fly DOH-JFK, partly to experience a change from the 777's I had been flying with QR. I was happy to pay any rerouting fee.

I called AA first to ensure they were OK with changing the AA flights following the QR sector. An AA staff person modified their consequent flights in the booking and added the DOH-JFK sector, having checked for L-availability. She would also have replaced the DOH-ORD sector with DOH-JFK and reissued the ticket if I were not already checked in (the QR staff in CAI had checked me in for the DOH-ORD sector also).

The AA person suggested I go to the gate for DOH-JFK, as AA gate staff can make changes and reissue tickets; this ticket was on QR ticket stock, so she expected that QR staff would be able to reissue the ticket and get me on my way.
However, QR gate staff said I needed go to the QR service desk.
The QR service desk said they could not reissue a ticket either, but the ticket desk outside security near check-in might be able to.
However, if I went there, it was unlikely I would be able to get back through security before flight boarding.
I asked if the transfer desk (also outside security but to me not as far) might be able to handle the change, but the service desk staff did not think they could reissue a ticket either.

The service desk were fairly confident that the downtown office could handle it when they opened in the morning, but the flight would have been long gone by then.

Both travel agents and the AA staff I talked with could not see why QR was having such a problem reissuing a ticket on their ticket stock.

How should I have handled this request for a ticket reissue in a way that might have had some success? Should I have called QR reservations?
Old Nov 3, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by jrobin
The AA person suggested I go to the gate for DOH-JFK, as AA gate staff can make changes and reissue tickets; this ticket was on QR ticket stock, so she expected that QR staff would be able to reissue the ticket and get me on my way.

The QR service desk said they could not reissue a ticket either, but the ticket desk outside security near check-in might be able to.
This type of segregation of tasks is not unusual on this side of the world. For example, at BKK, PG, TG and WE checkin desks cannot do anything other than check you in (and check bags). Any type of ticket change or payment (even for overweight bag charge) must be done in an office in a different part of the airport. In the case of PG, the office is three floors up. Very different from AA, where you can do pretty much anything you need to at the checkin desks.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:09 am

As long as your flights are on one booking (PNR) the EU court ruled that it is the delay to your final destination which counts and not just the delay of the EU outbound flight. It might be however that you need to be ready to go to court or at least file your claims by a lawyer before the airline gives in.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
Originally Posted by jrobin
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
This type of segregation of tasks is not unusual on this side of the world. For example, at BKK, PG, TG and WE checkin desks cannot do anything other than check you in (and check bags). Any type of ticket change or payment (even for overweight bag charge) must be done in an office in a different part of the airport. ... Very different from AA, where you can do pretty much anything you need to at the checkin desks.
My issue is that I was unable to get a clear answer as to how I would be able to get a ticket reissued in DOH if I needed to again.
Would telephone reservations be a likely better route? (They once changed a date for me with little drama.)
If I had been told clearly that a ticketing office outside security could do it, I might have decided to chance it and go there, but I did not get a clear answer at the service desk.
I hoped someone here might know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.