Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
Enough with all of this “First World” cr** If some want Third World? Well, enjoy that & leave the rest of us alone. When paying for a “First World” product I expect a “First World” product. Enough said.
Could not agree more. Very annoyed when I see that reply all over ft.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:15 am

I used two of the J bathrooms on an A350 flight over the weekend, one had only tissues but the other also had some paper towels, albeit much softer than the previous version. Perhaps they are trialling new options on some routes/aircraft.

I would have checked again on the way back yesterday, but the scheduled A350 was almost inevitably swapped out for an A330, and with it went my controlled experiment... (The A330 had tissues only)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile What the #@LL is "AL MAHA

Oh wise QR FT Sages,

Flew DMM-DWC-DMM this past weekend. Flew on a nice 787 DMM-DOH. Used my new Silver Status to use the QR Business Class Lounge in DOH. Everything was impeccable as I expect from QR. Then I board a A320 "Sardine Can" to DWC. My Ticket has a QR Flight #. The Crew appears to be QR. But the tail has a Green Oryx instead of the familiar Burgandy. It also says, in Green Letters "AL MAHA".

I board this "High Density" Aircraft to find 12 First Class seats and 165 High Density, Slimline Economy Seats. Most A320s have 12 FC and 148 Econ, and I couldn't even find this plane on SEATGURU. The Pitch on these seats could not be more than 28". This was the most tortuous seat I have ever sat in on a plane. Needless to say there were no seatback TVs or any other amenities. OK, it was only a 40 minute flight, but way less comfort than I expect from QR. Is AL MAHA QRs attempt to replicate Ryanair ?

Also, any ideas how to fetch 7 Qpoints ? I am 7 Qpoints short of Gold. I paid money to upgrade on the return thinking I would earn FC QPoints only to find out QR grants Qpoints based on the ticketed class, not the class flown. I hold 1K (one step higher than Platinum) on United. Who can I specifically beg at QR to consider status challenging me to Gold or sell me 7 Qpoints ?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by gpicur
Is AL MAHA QRs attempt to replicate Ryanair ?
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...-maha-airways/
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:25 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by justforfun
Could not agree more. Very annoyed when I see that reply all over ft.
Yes, I agree with you. Its a bit of a “disease" all over FT....
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by gpicur
Oh wise QR FT Sages,

Flew DMM-DWC-DMM this past weekend. Flew on a nice 787 DMM-DOH. Used my new Silver Status to use the QR Business Class Lounge in DOH. Everything was impeccable as I expect from QR. Then I board a A320 "Sardine Can" to DWC. My Ticket has a QR Flight #. The Crew appears to be QR. But the tail has a Green Oryx instead of the familiar Burgandy. It also says, in Green Letters "AL MAHA".

I board this "High Density" Aircraft to find 12 First Class seats and 165 High Density, Slimline Economy Seats. Most A320s have 12 FC and 148 Econ, and I couldn't even find this plane on SEATGURU. The Pitch on these seats could not be more than 28". This was the most tortuous seat I have ever sat in on a plane. Needless to say there were no seatback TVs or any other amenities. OK, it was only a 40 minute flight, but way less comfort than I expect from QR. Is AL MAHA QRs attempt to replicate Ryanair ?

Also, any ideas how to fetch 7 Qpoints ? I am 7 Qpoints short of Gold. I paid money to upgrade on the return thinking I would earn FC QPoints only to find out QR grants Qpoints based on the ticketed class, not the class flown. I hold 1K (one step higher than Platinum) on United. Who can I specifically beg at QR to consider status challenging me to Gold or sell me 7 Qpoints ?

Al-Maha was intended to be a hybrid low cost carrier subsidiary for QR. The aircraft were initially held up awaiting the licensing of the carrier and rather than have these assets sit unproductively on the ground they were pressed into service with QR on a "temporary" basis. The economy class seat and pitch is similar to what you have on BA and LH mainline A320s flying within Europe.

Now that the subsidiary looks unlikely to start, the aircraft have started to be repainted into QR colours and progressively the interiors will be brought to QR's standards this year.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Flew DOH-SIN on 944 last week and had what can only be described as a very "lackluster" crew in J. This is the 8:55am departure so first thing after take-off the crew closed all the blinds (because why would we want some daylight before changing 5 timezones?). When I raised mine leaving the translucent one down, one of the FA's came over to tell me to close my window because people were sleeping! Meal service was fine albeit rushed. And then they pretended they worked for a US carrier and hid in the galley the remainder of the flight. No passes through the cabin, just a bunch of chatter and clanking plates. This was a stark contrast to my flight over the day prior on 740 flying LAX-DOH where the FA's made a concerted effort to be present but not over solicitous. I went to the QR site and logged a complaint and stated my disappointment. That was then followed up with an email from customer service and then a separate survey for me to complete with more details. That too was responded to by an email from customer service.

So, Imagine my surprise when boarding today's QR 943 back to Doha when the Purser (forgive me for not knowing the exact title) approached me, introduced herself and said that she knew that I wasn't pleased with my last flight and that she and her crew would be sure that I had a very pleasant trip - as well as apologizing for the other crew. She said if I needed anything to let her know but that I would be in good hands. And she wasn't kidding. The trip was AMAZING - crew was on point and, once again, she made sure to touch base with me to make sure that all was well. This was really "Six Star" service and a great service recovery in my book. Now, I am sure that the other crew got in a bit of trouble - and from what I have read, QR Management is rather tough. I feel a little guilty - I know that crews can have a tough day but the DOH-SIN crew sere just bad.

I guess I was lucky that QR actually read my complaint and have been blown away that the current crew was aware of the issue and really pulled out the stops. Truly a 1st Class experience.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 3:23 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Flew DOH-SIN on 944 last week and had what can only be described as a very "lackluster" crew in J. This is the 8:55am departure so first thing after take-off the crew closed all the blinds (because why would we want some daylight before changing 5 timezones?). When I raised mine leaving the translucent one down, one of the FA's came over to tell me to close my window because people were sleeping! Meal service was fine albeit rushed. And then they pretended they worked for a US carrier and hid in the galley the remainder of the flight. No passes through the cabin, just a bunch of chatter and clanking plates. This was a stark contrast to my flight over the day prior on 740 flying LAX-DOH where the FA's made a concerted effort to be present but not over solicitous. I went to the QR site and logged a complaint and stated my disappointment. That was then followed up with an email from customer service and then a separate survey for me to complete with more details. That too was responded to by an email from customer service.

So, Imagine my surprise when boarding today's QR 943 back to Doha when the Purser (forgive me for not knowing the exact title) approached me, introduced herself and said that she knew that I wasn't pleased with my last flight and that she and her crew would be sure that I had a very pleasant trip - as well as apologizing for the other crew. She said if I needed anything to let her know but that I would be in good hands. And she wasn't kidding. The trip was AMAZING - crew was on point and, once again, she made sure to touch base with me to make sure that all was well. This was really "Six Star" service and a great service recovery in my book. Now, I am sure that the other crew got in a bit of trouble - and from what I have read, QR Management is rather tough. I feel a little guilty - I know that crews can have a tough day but the DOH-SIN crew sere just bad.

I guess I was lucky that QR actually read my complaint and have been blown away that the current crew was aware of the issue and really pulled out the stops. Truly a 1st Class experience.
Glad to hear you had an enjoyable trip on QR.

One thing to note, in terms of the crew 'hiding' - this is supposedly part of the SOP for flights to/from Asia.

Now, it might seem odd, but the call bell is there to be used. Fewer crew walking through the aircraft, means less vibration on the floors for those trying to rest. If you want service, simply press the Call Bell, and a member of crew will rush out to you. CX do similarly, and it works pretty well - i just requires an education for those of us who were brought up differently!

M
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Totally get the call button - and I am not afraid to use it if I need something. It was just the hiding out in the galley when combined with their general attitude that made it a poor experience.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: A3,BA
...one of the FA's came over to tell me to close my window because people were sleeping!
Did you insist and they forced you ?
Very strange because 2-3 times they told me the same, I replied "I have an extra eye mask, the good old one, not the small new one, if they need it" and the discussion ended there (with a laugh)
I always leave it a little open, not all the way and in the A350 the translucent option is there for a reason !
Unless of course the sun is shining directly at the cabin.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Pretty much the same here. I've been asked, but replied that I prefer to keep the shade open. No prob, no pushback.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by jousis
Did you insist and they forced you ?
Very strange because 2-3 times they told me the same, I replied "I have an extra eye mask, the good old one, not the small new one, if they need it" and the discussion ended there (with a laugh)
I always leave it a little open, not all the way and in the A350 the translucent option is there for a reason !
Unless of course the sun is shining directly at the cabin.
Nope - this was a crew that had the "make the cabin dark so everyone will go to sleep and we will not have to do anything" attitude.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

Curious to know but did you follow up with another complaint to say how amazing and great the service was on your return flight QR 943?
They clearly went above and beyond after reading your complaint, hope you did the same to?
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United

This is really refreshing to hear. Makes me think more of a company when they can fess up to mistakes and attempt to correct them.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:00 pm

On my way back to Chicago from Doha via LAX. Yet again, the purses the the DOH-LAX leg introduced herself and said that she was aware there some issues and that her crew would do everything they could to make sure I had a great trip. Now, the AA crew I have in First going back to Chicago are a train wreck compared to QR, SQ and even MH. As soon as I get home (and a little shut eye in my own bed) I will be sending a note to QR thanking them for their oustanding service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.