Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Plat
Dear QR - researching F fares Mel or Syd to LHR return for July/Aug - I cannot in any way get your booking engine to display any F fares - is this because you have only recently started flying the F-fitted A380 (and therefore its a programming issue) ? Whether I select F or tick the 'premium fares' box, nothing in first ever displays.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Not quite sure where best to direct this complaint. Essentially, my wife (vegetarian for health reasons) was served non-vegetarian food in the Qantas lounge in Sydney while waiting for the QR909 a couple of weeks ago. She was told specifically by staff it was vegetarian and OK to eat, and halfway through consuming the food the manager came running over to say it wasn't. Staff in the lounge seemed non-apologetic and I raised this with the CSD on board who said they would raise a complaint ticket but I haven't had any notification of anything since.

My wife had to spend a fair wedge of money on medicines to get home as she became violently unwell and this was really a terrible experience. Who is it best to raise this with QR or QF? I think given I booked a QR ticket it should go to them, is there an email address or complaints line I can contact? Would like to escalate if possible, at the least I think it's reasonable they cover the cost of the medicine we had to purchase.

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2017, 4:33 am

obduro What an odd situation. But I totally understand that this is quite an issue for you.
You should definitely talk to QR rather than QF about this since there's no legal connection between you and QF. QR is your contract partner and therefore responsible to compensate you for any damages.
Whether they are able to get their costs back from QF should not be your concern.

I would gather any evidence you might have and try the QR hotline first. They are often unable to help, but they should be able to point you in the right direction. If they direct you towards QF, you can of course contact them, but any help from their end would be purely voluntary. So if they are unwilling to help, you should get back to QR.

That being said, I have no idea what compensation you are legally eligible and actually enforcing it would most likely require a lot of effort.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I can see in this thread that others have had less than satisfying interactions with QR; however, mine have all been pretty much perfect. Just had another one. Slight foul-up with a booking, -- my inbound to DOH was rescheduled which resulted in <MCT connection at DOH. Called QR Customer Service and the problem was solved quickly, efficiently and courteously. I could not have asked for more. Once again, I wonder if status (I'm QRPC PLT) makes a difference.

For details, click here (so as not to violate the cross-posting rule of FT).
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:17 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Originally Posted by Tasclean
Dear QR - researching F fares Mel or Syd to LHR return for July/Aug - I cannot in any way get your booking engine to display any F fares - is this because you have only recently started flying the F-fitted A380 (and therefore its a programming issue) ? Whether I select F or tick the 'premium fares' box, nothing in first ever displays.
Hi. You do realise that QR have nothing to do with FT? I also could not find anything for your dates, I suggest maybe give them a call?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: QR Plat
I know that QR seems to read these threads, so I'll keep my head down for now, and say that when QR works, its the best airline I travel on.

...there there is days like today. Today looked kinda like this:

-A
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
I know that QR seems to read these threads, so I'll keep my head down for now, and say that when QR works, its the best airline I travel on.

...there there is days like today.
Any details? Or is this just a random "QR has good days and bad days" thread?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Any details? Or is this just a random "QR has good days and bad days" thread?
There will be details, I'll at least give QR over night to sort this while I sleep it out at a hotel in a unplanned location. Lets just say that someone dropped a ball, and the night shift in DOH has precious few tools to recover a ticket that has problems (which they wholeheartedly agreed was no fault of my own, as the PNR clearly had all the right bits in it that this should have).

-A
Old Apr 20, 2017, 1:02 am

Good morning.

Clearly someone has been talking to someone. Just got woken up by PC calling me and telling to report for checkin at any time I would like and there should not be a single issue with my F seat.

We will see what happens later today.

-A
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, Hilton Diamond, EuroBonus Gold for Life, SPG Plat Elite
I had posted on another thread the fact that my first QR experience was less than satisfactory. Having read all the laudatory posts on the BAEC forum regarding how excellent QR is compared to BA I was rather looking forward to my first experience of QR on QR002 from LHR to DOH, with onward connection to Entebbe on 2 April. It was not to be.

QR002 was delayed and I missed my connection. So three flights from Doha and 13 hours 27 minutes after my scheduled arrival time I got to Entebbe.

I contacted Customer Services regarding EC261 compensation and got a standard "disruptions of this nature can be unforeseen and beyond our control, we would like to reassure you that every effort is made to ensure the prompt operation of all our flights and to minimize any potential disruption " and "we regret to advise that we are unable to accommodate your request for compensation on this occasion".

So I responded saying that the inbound flight was delayed arriving in LHR and this was the cause of the delay and asked what the unforeseen circumstance was that made the plane late and what time it had actually arrived in LHR.

In two days I had the following response "Having carefully reviewed all the information we gathered relevant to your claim, we would like to offer you EUR600/- as cash compensation in compliance with EC Regulation"

The moral of the story is not to accept the first answer you get.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Not accepting the first response, is not news to anyone here on the QR Forum - but nor should it be to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

It would be marvellous if all companies offered the correct level of Customer Service resolution on the first attempt, but that is rarely the case.

An aside, there is a reason I refer to QR Customer Service as having a 'souk' mentality - negotiate and you'll get the right answer.

M
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It would be marvellous if all companies offered the correct level of Customer Service resolution on the first attempt, but that is rarely the case.
Agreed.

An aside, there is a reason I refer to QR Customer Service as having a 'souk' mentality - negotiate and you'll get the right answer.
Agreed in spades.

-A
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Not accepting the first response, is not news to anyone here on the QR Forum - but nor should it be to anyone with an ounce of common sense.

M
I had an overnight flight DOH-SIN and my seat would not recline. I was flying Y and must have been repenting for past or future sins Anyways, Customer service offered me a $250usd credit on a future trip. It was the first offer and I thought it was more than fair as the cost of the ticket was about $750usd.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:30 am

OK, here's why im not exactly purring over QR today:

- I'm 1550 USD out of pocket in change fee plus fare difference to move my flights to a date I could score a J->F upgrade on the A380.
- QRPC messed up the reissue of the upgraded titcket (I saw with my own eyes the note in my PNR saying upgrade was OK, proceed with reissue.)
- In transit in OSL the stantion manger caught this issue, and spent 30 mins on the phone with both ticketing and QRPC in Doha on my behalf since he couldn't load me on the flight without a valid ticket. They were tld to send me to Doha and it would be all sorted while I was in the air.
- Arrive in Doha with a short connection, noone in Doha had lifted a finger and the duty supervisor completely washed his hands of the issues ad blamed QRPC who were not at work at this time of day, I now had no working ticket onward in J nor F. Was told to wait it out on my own dime, ended up being told by the HIA hotel they had rooms but wouldn't let me have it since I had no boardingpass. Ended up in Oryx Rotana.
- When checking in with a working F ticket the next afternoon I was asked for my luggage tag and told all was OK.
- Arrive in BKK and ground staff already knew my luggage wasn't there.

I've now arrived 24 hours late, with close to 2000 USD out of pocket expenses for the upgrade experience, had a mediocre F flight and no luggage.

I'm not exactly a happy person at the moment.

-A
Old Apr 21, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Blimey, that is an awful experience. What steps have they taken to sort it?

...was the F upgrade worth it at least?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.