Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 12:41 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
A month down the road from this one and not a single bit back, neither on the main issue nor the promise that their BKK office would contact me on luggage compensation.

Time to drain the QR account and vote with my feet for a while to make my point. Not because it's all that greener on the other side of the fence, but to show I'm willing to move my spend elsewhere.

-A
Just chiming in, two months more and not a single thing communicated back here on this from QR's Customer "Service" in Doha. So far I've had four trips to Asia on CX and that also seems to work. My African trips seems to be done on Ethiopian going forward.

-A
Old Aug 20, 2017, 8:49 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Hmmm, I wonder what is happening with the CS Department at QR? Six weeks ago Mrs.SoD and yours truly reported that our J seats on the A350 QATAM flight had no ability to move electronically. The ground staff tried to fix it and when they could not get them to operate they showed the cabin crew how to manually move the sat from stiff upright to full flat. :/ No other seats available. Crew did their best and apologized, though it was not their fault. Anyways, going on six weeks with only an electronic email providing me with a CS reference number. :/
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:49 pm

Temporary passport and stopover in DOH

I don't know whether this is a complaint or simply a problem where input would be greatly appreciated, but here we go:

We took advantage of the Discover Qatar / +Qatar offer with two nights accommodation in Doha on the return trip when booking our trip from Europe to BKK.

A week or so before leaving for Thailand, the passport of one of the passengers (we are two) is stolen, and there is no time for getting anything else than a temporary passport, but still valid for another 12 months.

When checking entry requirements to Qatar, we see that temporary passports are not accepted by Qatari immigration authorities.

We apply for the free 96 hour transit visa using this passport, expecting the application to be rejected as it is a temporary passport. QR has a provision in the fare rules allowing for a free change to the reservation in the case of visa rejection.

Then an email arrives with the news that a transit visa is no longer required, and hence there will be no visa application rejection to use as a reason for changing the ticket free of charge.

Now, as there is no visa needed, we are not sure what to do. We tried to change the return so that the stopover in DOH is changed to a shorter transit, but the QR office in BKK is not willing to change the ticket without hefty change fees (~USD 500 per person).

We have not tried calling the DOH office yet, as we wanted to reach out here first in search for advice.

Do you have good suggestions on what to do?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we would prefer not being denied boarding in BKK, or worse - being taken into custody by Qatari immigration...
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:43 am
Suspended

Upgrade impossible due to high revenue demand

I really don't get it why the RM team always denyies my upgrade request due to a so called "high revenue demand" when most of the time receive their upgrade offer and see more than 9 seats available on EF.
The last time was ridiculous, I was the only one in the second section of the 777 and only half of the first one was filled....

​​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Jeff_
I really don't get it why the RM team always denyies my upgrade request due to a so called "high revenue demand" when most of the time receive their upgrade offer and see more than 9 seats available on EF.
The last time was ridiculous, I was the only one in the second section of the 777 and only half of the first one was filled....​​​​​
I don't understand. So you were upgraded on that flight?
Old Aug 24, 2017, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't understand. So you were upgraded on that flight?
Nop, at the end I always do it at airport
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I do know that there are modeling systems which predict this stuff. Manufacturers use it to manufacture, since they usually have to do so quite far in advance of when the retailers will want the merchandise, and retailers also use it to predict sales and determine orders. I don't know how many times this has happened to you, but this type of predictive modeling/forecast system lags reality for obvious reasons.

As a data point only, I've sought to upgrade only twice, once DOH-JNB and once DOH-BKK. Both times were successful on the first try.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Well, I do know that there are modeling systems which predict this stuff. Manufacturers use it to manufacture, since they usually have to do so quite far in advance of when the retailers will want the merchandise, and retailers also use it to predict sales and determine orders. I don't know how many times this has happened to you, but this type of predictive modeling/forecast system lags reality for obvious reasons.

As a data point only, I've sought to upgrade only twice, once DOH-JNB and once DOH-BKK. Both times were successful on the first try.
I agree with you on this and I have no prob when they said this 2 month before the flight. I do understand there is always last minute demand.

Unfortunately when they keep saying this 2 or 3 days before the flight and there is still at least 9 seats available, I don't get it...
It always occur on the DOH-KUL sector. Funny things is that I almost never struggle to upgrade CDG-DOH whereas it is always full at the end...
​​​​​
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:50 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Jeff_ What status are you with QR? I found at the lower tiers it was always unavailable but when i hit plat they would tell me there were no upgrade seats available - but as i was plat they'd create a special exception.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:56 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
There has long been this debate about upgrades - not just across QR, but in general.

The most common response seems to be that if Upgrades could always be purchased last minute, nobody would ever buy a Business Class fare to begin with - which would obviously hit the airlines cash flow.

It's always frustrating to be told that there are no Upgrades (and then to see empty J seats), but the mechanics behind the system are far past my understandings of airline management!

M
dutch_122 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jeff_
It always occur on the DOH-KUL sector.​​​​​
Well, as unlikely as it may sound (and BE), perhaps historically there is a larger than usual number of last minute J ticket purchases on this route, with the obvious affect on any predictive modeling systems that QR may use.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by theox
Jeff_ What status are you with QR? I found at the lower tiers it was always unavailable but when i hit plat they would tell me there were no upgrade seats available - but as i was plat they'd create a special exception.
I am plat but I have never experienced such exceptions unfortunately.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:24 am
Suspended

Msm & Dr.HFH You are both probably right.
it is just a shame than given current situation for QR, they do not make it simple for us. It does not cost a lot and it makes us happy.
I will report back if I was totally wrong and the cabin is totally full.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
I am in the same predicament.
I have 40Q credits to spend (downgraded from plat to gold this year)
Inquired before booking, the usual no seats available reply.
Still booked a more expensive ticket in booking class N, enabling upgrade. (I could have saved 400 euro flying TG if all I wanted was flying Y)

One month before first legs, same response.
7 days before trip, same response
EF shows J9 on both legs.
I guess at airport I can only ask upgrade for 1 leg, thus costing 25 QC, doubt I can ask for both legs at 40QC.
Neither do I need all the pre-travel stress.

My decision is clear: next trip I will book the best J deal that shows up (traveling with my then 7 year daughter) if beyond my budget I doubt best deal Y will be QR. I could book next Y trip today with TG and save 500 eur versus QR.
But I have time to watch out for a good J deal such as 2x1.

I don't care for status any more (especially if we can't spend the 40QC for maintaining gold), I spent 150K miles on an award J ticket earlier this year and no regrets to say bye bye to QR.

Yes 5 years flying mostly J with QR was excellent.
Does QR realize (care) I would remain loyal to them if they would have honored my up request at -7 days from travel (considering J9 unsold seats)?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:22 pm
Suspended

Hi,

I know what is the first rule when flying QR, but the third change from an A350 to a A330 make me wonder if the CDG route is really a premium one.
​​People who booked the Qsuite may sure be disappointed....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.