Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: Qatar Priviledge
Thank you all !
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:06 pm

The form for cancelling tickets requires a phone number. But they made that field to only accept up to 10 digits
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:27 pm
Suspended

Delete

Last edited by FlyerTalker37; Apr 24, 2018 at 12:34 am
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Hi everyone,

I booked a ticket HEL to BKK on 14/01/18 at 1330GMT. Soon after I booked I realised my dates were wrong. I then rang up the UK General Reservations and explained this. They said that they could cancel the original ticket for a full refund on the condition that I book a new ticket over the phone. I decided to have a think about it. They said this offer was available within 24 hours of booking

Yesterday morning I called them back. Once again the agent said he could cancel the ticket for a full refund of €1145 if I book a new ticket over the phone. I agreed to this. I received an email with my new booking but nothing about the cancellation/refund.

After 2 hours I began to get concerned so I phoned them up again. The agent said that the refund was being processed in Doha and he would call me back later that day to confirm this. I asked if he could send me something in writing in an email to ease my concerns. He was unable to do this. 3.30pm and still no phone call; I called the UK centre back and again got the same run around. "Please be patient" "I cannot send you an email". The agent said everything was in order and I should receive confirmation soon.

Still no word back this morning so I phoned at 9am. Agent said he had my details but the refund had no been processed yet. He said he would call me back in 2 hours. Passed me on to an e-commerce line. They had no record of the refund. Agent never called back.

Just off the phone again to the UK Centre and to my horror the agent said that the refund was "Not guaranteed". I made it clear to him to investigate my phone call with the agent from yesterday morning where he most certainly stated I would be refunded the full amount if I agreed to buy a new ticket.

I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe this is usual for QR Customer Service.

I'm fully aware of the ticket conditions when it comes to refunds. However I feel that this agent has cheated me in the price of a full ticket. Maybe everything will be okay but I'm just fuming at the minute.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by A380PM
Hi everyone,

I booked a ticket HEL to BKK on 14/01/18 at 1330GMT. Soon after I booked I realised my dates were wrong. I then rang up the UK General Reservations and explained this. They said that they could cancel the original ticket for a full refund on the condition that I book a new ticket over the phone. I decided to have a think about it. They said this offer was available within 24 hours of booking

Yesterday morning I called them back. Once again the agent said he could cancel the ticket for a full refund of €1145 if I book a new ticket over the phone. I agreed to this. I received an email with my new booking but nothing about the cancellation/refund.

After 2 hours I began to get concerned so I phoned them up again. The agent said that the refund was being processed in Doha and he would call me back later that day to confirm this. I asked if he could send me something in writing in an email to ease my concerns. He was unable to do this. 3.30pm and still no phone call; I called the UK centre back and again got the same run around. "Please be patient" "I cannot send you an email". The agent said everything was in order and I should receive confirmation soon.

Still no word back this morning so I phoned at 9am. Agent said he had my details but the refund had no been processed yet. He said he would call me back in 2 hours. Passed me on to an e-commerce line. They had no record of the refund. Agent never called back.

Just off the phone again to the UK Centre and to my horror the agent said that the refund was "Not guaranteed". I made it clear to him to investigate my phone call with the agent from yesterday morning where he most certainly stated I would be refunded the full amount if I agreed to buy a new ticket.

I'm just not sure what to do. Maybe this is usual for QR Customer Service.

I'm fully aware of the ticket conditions when it comes to refunds. However I feel that this agent has cheated me in the price of a full ticket. Maybe everything will be okay but I'm just fuming at the minute.
Refunds can sometimes a few days. If you don't receive a refund, I would potentially contact your credit card company.
A380PM likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by Freddorick
Refunds can sometimes a few days. If you don't receive a refund, I would potentially contact your credit card company.
I don't mind waiting for the refund. It's the fact that I have been given no confirmation of the refund that worries me. I never even received an email confirming the cancellation. "We will call you back to confirm your refund" This is the line I've been getting every time I've called since Monday.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by A380PM
Maybe this is usual for QR Customer Service.
It certainly is in my experience with QR.

I cancelled an ex-CAI ticket for a full refund last year because of the blockade, and received many assurances from QR that it was being processed and I would receive the refund within days. I kept pestering them on a weekly basis over a month or two, and even received an email clearly stating that the refund had been processed. But nothing actually arrived.

So I asked my credit card company, Amex, to dispute the full amount originally charged for the ticket and received a credit straight away. QR never responded so the full credit remained permanent.

I fear you may have to do something similar.
msm2000uk and A380PM like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by Grace B
It certainly is in my experience with QR.

I cancelled an ex-CAI ticket for a full refund last year because of the blockade, and received many assurances from QR that it was being processed and I would receive the refund within days. I kept pestering them on a weekly basis over a month or two, and even received an email clearly stating that the refund had been processed. But nothing actually arrived.

So I asked my credit card company, Amex, to dispute the full amount originally charged for the ticket and received a credit straight away. QR never responded so the full credit remained permanent.

I fear you may have to do something similar.
I finally received an email yesterday confirming the full refund but that it could take up to 28 days. I'll give it a few weeks and if nothing then I'll contact my credit card company.
dsf likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I wouldn't wait that long. If they can charge you in an instant they certainly shouldn't need 28 days to refund.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
I wouldn't wait that long. If they can charge you in an instant they certainly shouldn't need 28 days to refund.
To be fair, they don't charge you in an instant. They do a authorisation in an instant (which reduces your available balance), but the money is actually taken from your account and transferred to the merchant typically 1-3 business days later when the transaction is presented and approved for settlement by your card issuer.

Refunds follow the same process, but in reverse. So at the moment the refund is authorised by the merchant the money will be reserved in their merchant account, and only when the transaction goes through settlement 1-3 business days later will the money appear in the customers account. You don't get the immediacy of the refund transaction as there's no authorisation that the customer can see against their balance.

​​​Despite the above, refunds should be possible within a few days provided that there are the appropriately authorised employees at the merchant to instigate the refunds.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by plunet
.....refunds should be possible within a few days provided that there are the appropriately authorised employees at the merchant to instigate the refunds.
And I imagine that is one of the problems within QR. I'm sure His Excellency doesn't seek to approve each refund, but I can imagine a degree of nervousness behind an agent pressing the refund button.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Refunds can take a lot of time with some airlines, especially when this is something non-standard.
The request is sent to the "accounting" department and has to be OKed, then there is a manual transfer to the credit card.
In standard cases, such as those directly done via the website , the system computes the amount to be refunded; that is transferred to the "accounting" department and the list is periodically checked (say daily or weekly) and authorized.Transfer to the credit card used for the purchase can be automatic.
In the OP case, it requires a lot of manual intervention as the fare conditions does not allow for refund (or a refund fee that is waived).
I still remember cancelling an AF ticket in J from Hong Kong. Their "accounting" department is in China and I had to fill out a lot of paperwork and send a lot of document copies consistent with Chinese procedures. It took a month to be processed.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:06 am

Just an update. Received my refund yesterday. So I'm very pleased with how quick it took to process from the time they sent confirmation. Lesson learned to double check everything before clicking confirm!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Bad behaviour in Qatar Al Mourjan Lounge

Beautifully peaceful Al Mourjan lounge today, hardly anyone here - but the peace is being disturbed by two idiots playing music so loud you can here it on the whole of the lower floor. Just waiting to see if security come and tell them to switch it off or tone down their singing along. Too much fizzy perhaps.

Just an update edit - the couple concerned were approached by senior QR staff and turned the music lower but then started to sing louder ! ! ! ! Another conversation took place whereby the gist was that the "gentleman" stated that he had bought duty free alcohol (and suspect he had been drinking it but my ears wouldn't stretch that far ) - not much later they left the lounge with much muttering.

Peace returned.

Last edited by Brighterside; Jan 26, 2018 at 11:41 am
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:48 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
I was in AM as well today. Luckily I was spared from these people!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.