Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
I think it is 'out of sight out of mind' to save some cash. No drinks menu was evident.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by makrom
I once heard a complaint from a QR FA. She said that some routes are notorious for having PAX who aren't familiar with water closets. She loathed having to deal with the mess they caused when relieving themselves in "alternative ways".
One can only immagine the horrors these people are capable of if they have soaking towels at their disposal.
I guess that's what happens when an airline expands so rapidly into parts of the world with relatively "uninformed" customers. But still, how can QR call itself 5-star any longer in its premium cabin with facial tissue "towels"? These are front cabin washrooms and should be stocked accordingly. Flew SAA home (part way) and they still have cloth towels in the J washrooms, and AC (the rest of the way via GRU) and at least their towels in J were the heavy paper type. Given we still go through the basics of how to buckle a seat belt (which may have been relevant back in the 1960s when cars seldom had them) perhaps it's time to add a section to the safety video about how to use the washroom properly and what to toss in the toilet and what to toss in the trash receptacle.

Most airlines seemed to have had issues with clogged toilets when the new generation B777s and A380s came on stream (and subsequent series) as they seemed to have a different type of toilet mechanism.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Sigh. Aren't they supposed to be improving the lounges for status passengers...?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:05 am

purple1addict isn't stopping other passengers in the lounge getting falling down drunk an improvement?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
To be honest, I would have thought people would have gotten over the novelty of 'free drinks' in a airport lounge once they had 'graduated' to Platinum.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
purple1addict isn't stopping other passengers in the lounge getting falling down drunk an improvement?
Well, maybe in the Business lounge...
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Lavatory issues

Fragile tissues apart, I've nothing but praise and admiration for those cabin crew members who keep the long-haul lavatories spic and span. Compare and contrast with BA - they make an effort, but not too much of one

If I'm in 4K, please stop telling me to use the forward lavs in the single-cabin 777 business-class. I know I might get in your way crossing the galley behind me, and I know you want to protect the sanctity of economy-class access to lavatories. But I'm paying for comfort and convenience: so if those lavs are free, I'll continue to use them.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 12:13 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
:
Originally Posted by ian-uk
fragile tissues apart, i've nothing but praise and admiration for those cabin crew members who keep the long-haul lavatories spic and span. Compare and contrast with ba - they make an effort, but not too much of one :d
:d:d

+1
Old Jan 27, 2017, 6:22 pm

mispost

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Jan 28, 2017 at 4:20 am
Old Jan 28, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
I was wonderng that myself, flew RT ATL - Doh-Bom, last week, I just thought I could not find them (in Business)
Old Jan 28, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by plunet
I did think this was very strange when I recently flew... When I asked a crew member they seemed to infer it was normal...
Sounds like no towels is just another 1st world problem. Yawn.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by tmac100
Sounds like no towels is just another 1st world problem. Yawn.
I can only presume you haven't experienced the use of flimsy facial tissues as towels, then?

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Too funny. Just returned from BOS-DOH-CPT and back and wondered about this. Thought it was a little strange. You need to very delicately dab your hands dry. If you happen to splash your face with a bit of water and have any sort of beard stubble...well that was messy.

Good description! I also hate that in trying to remove the bits that get stuck to them, some pax wash them down the drain of the sink which then gets clogged.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by Cheetah_SA
I can only presume you haven't experienced the use of flimsy facial tissues as towels, then?

Good description! I also hate that in trying to remove the bits that get stuck to them, some pax wash them down the drain of the sink which then gets clogged.
Don't assume. I have been on long flights (not with QR) where there was only toilet paper left for wiping my hands and face. Like I said, this is a 1st world issue.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by tmac100
Don't assume. I have been on long flights (not with QR) where there was only toilet paper left for wiping my hands and face. Like I said, this is a 1st world issue.
Flying in business class generally is.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by NoY
Enough with all of this “First World” cr** If some want Third World? Well, enjoy that & leave the rest of us alone. When paying for a “First World” product I expect a “First World” product. Enough said.
It would appear to me that you should voice your concerns to the appropriate folks - whch means QR Customer service. A hand-written letter to the CEO would do a LOT - in MHO. When I sent a registered letter to Sheikh Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai with documentary evidence, my immigration e-gate problen disappeared and never returned. Similarly a registered letter to George W. Bush at the Whitehouse, Washingto DC solved a import problem for my US-customer (who followed all rules) because some BATF official did not want to do their job.

The QR CEO is concerned about public perception and writing a polite letter would do a LOT more than discussing the issue on FT. C'mon please be pro-active. Solve a 1st world issue in a 1st world way. ^

Last edited by tmac100; Feb 1, 2017 at 3:56 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.