Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: msm2000uk
Welcome to the best place to discuss your issue or complaint about QR.

Here on the QR Forum, we have seen and helped FTers with many different complaints, issues, and problems with Qatar Airways.

The official QR Contact line do not tend to show too much creativity in problem resolution, and can be a little slow.

The best options, are either through Twitter, or by email below.

So, before messaging QR directly ([email protected]), why not share your problem here, and see if we can assist?
Print Wikipost

Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 8:38 pm

Cannot use qmiles to redeem for flights within 24 hours but SQ could.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Traveller999

I've all but given up on the 'tell us' address - I have never once received a reply!

As you're plat use the priority services contact centre through your account - they have a pretty solid response rate (whether its the response you want is another matter) - but for feedback etc they can pass it on too.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 5:49 pm
Suspended

I love when a A350 is replaced by a A330 just at OLCI time when the cabin is full and the 4 of us are splitted accross the cabin...
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Enforced seat shifting

Booked a trip AMS-CPT in J, initially all on 77W, so booked 2E/F. Then the CPT leg was changed to 787, but still in 2E/F. Now we have been moved, with no e-mail/notification to 5E/F by the toilets, not a happy bunny as the only alternative is 6E/F
Old Mar 24, 2017, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by escape2sun
Booked a trip AMS-CPT in J, initially all on 77W, so booked 2E/F. Then the CPT leg was changed to 787, but still in 2E/F. Now we have been moved, with no e-mail/notification to 5E/F by the toilets, not a happy bunny as the only alternative is 6E/F
escape2sun because of the bar behind your seat then you will probably have less disturbance from the toilets that 4E/F. What could be a problem is the bar area behind your seats. I have never seen people congregate there since there is no bar service. But there is always a first time!

All is not lost and if you are quick when OLCI opens you may be able to get other seats. QR hve the little quirk that if a passenger does not select a seat then none is allocated to them giving those who do want choose a wider choice. If there is an aircraft swap or if the number of passengers nears the available capacity then seats will temporally be allocated to them. When OLCI opens these 'temporary' reservations are removed and you will have more seats to choose from.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Subcard
Originally Posted by escape2sun
I personally quite like 5E/F when travelling with a +1 as it feels quite private as you have no one behind you (view is limited from 6E/F) and you have a nice open view of the cabin. It's not next to the toilet and no one on any flight that I've been on the 787 uses the "bar" area unless waiting for the toilet.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by remdk
escape2sun because of the bar behind your seat then you will probably have less disturbance from the toilets that 4E/F. What could be a problem is the bar area behind your seats. I have never seen people congregate there since there is no bar service. But there is always a first time!

All is not lost and if you are quick when OLCI opens you may be able to get other seats. QR hve the little quirk that if a passenger does not select a seat then none is allocated to them giving those who do want choose a wider choice. If there is an aircraft swap or if the number of passengers nears the available capacity then seats will temporally be allocated to them. When OLCI opens these 'temporary' reservations are removed and you will have more seats to choose from.
Many thanks. That is very helpful information shared remdK
Old Mar 24, 2017, 11:28 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by GTR56
I personally quite like 5E/F when travelling with a +1 as it feels quite private as you have no one behind you (view is limited from 6E/F) and you have a nice open view of the cabin. It's not next to the toilet and no one on any flight that I've been on the 787 uses the "bar" area unless waiting for the toilet.
Likewise.

Plus, it means first on and first off as D2L is the door used to board and disembark.

M
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:22 pm
cjd

After some advice with regard to a missed connection a few weeks ago. Just arrived home on Sunday, but on outward journey, my wife and I were flying Business Class from Heathrow to Singapore via Doha. Flight QR0004 was delayed by 2.5 hours. Our connection time at Singapore was 2hrs 5mins and we missed the connection. No hotel accommodation available at Doha airport hotel, so spent the 6 hour wait in lounge, unable to sleep. Qatar agent put us on the next flight to Singapore, QR944, which departed at 08.55hrs, just under 7 hours later than the planned flight no QR0946. We arrived at Singapore at approx 9.30pm instead of 2.45pm. No complaints at all with the airline crews, but we were misinformed at Heathrow by ground staff that the flight was delayed due to the incoming plane being delayed. I could see the plane on the tarmac for over 3 hours and was eventually told by crew that it was a mechanical problem. My question is whether we are entitled to claim compensation under rule EC261 as we had to change planes at Doha, but we arrived at our destination more than 4 hours late.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 2:34 pm

cjd sorry to hear about your problems. It must have been very frustrating and tireing.

If QR were to follow the intentions of EC261 then you would qualify for compensation. But like almost all other non EU airlines they maintain that EC261 is only valid for flights from the EU not any onward connections. Thus you will get no compensation because your LHR-DOH flight, whilst late arriving, was delayed less than the apparent minimum time for compensation.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum
cjd sorry to hear about your problems. It must have been very frustrating and tireing.

If QR were to follow the intentions of EC261 then you would qualify for compensation. But like almost all other non EU airlines they maintain that EC261 is only valid for flights from the EU not any onward connections. Thus you will get no compensation because your LHR-DOH flight, whilst late arriving, was delayed less than the apparent minimum time for compensation.
I found a ruling of the European Court of Justice in 2013 (see link below) which implies that what counts is the delay at your final destination (including all connecting flights) and not the delay on your flight(s) leaving the EU. Maybe this has been made obsolete in the meantime by newer court decisions?

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_CJE-13-18_en.htm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:22 am

toz100 thank you for that judgement reference. However it is against an EU carrier. Non EU carriers claim that for them EC261 is only valid for the ex EU flight not further connections.

A few months ago it was stated that there existed a Judgement that was ambiguous and could be interpreted as support for the non EU carriers claims. It was not documented then and I have been unable to find any reference to it!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum
toz100 thank you for that judgement reference. However it is against an EU carrier. Non EU carriers claim that for them EC261 is only valid for the ex EU flight not further connections.

A few months ago it was stated that there existed a Judgement that was ambiguous and could be interpreted as support for the non EU carriers claims. It was not documented then and I have been unable to find any reference to it!
I see. So in case of a non EU carrier you would have to go to court against this artificial "split" of the total journey in a EU and a non EU part.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
....But like almost all other non EU airlines they maintain that EC261 is only valid for flights from the EU not any onward connections. ...
One of the notable exceptions is Turkish. TK mirrors EC261 in spirit and practice across its network for journeys both to and from Europe and beyond.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by toz100
I see. So in case of a non EU carrier you would have to go to court against this artificial "split" of the total journey in a EU and a non EU part.
You could test the water by seeing if any of the organisation handling claims (e.g. Flightright) would handle your claim. Willingness to take QR on would indicate there is a good chance of success.

Getting a judgement through the German legal system is pretty simple. (Lower) court fees are not high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.