FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:24 am
SamirD

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Flew DOH-SIN on 944 last week and had what can only be described as a very "lackluster" crew in J. This is the 8:55am departure so first thing after take-off the crew closed all the blinds (because why would we want some daylight before changing 5 timezones?). When I raised mine leaving the translucent one down, one of the FA's came over to tell me to close my window because people were sleeping! Meal service was fine albeit rushed. And then they pretended they worked for a US carrier and hid in the galley the remainder of the flight. No passes through the cabin, just a bunch of chatter and clanking plates. This was a stark contrast to my flight over the day prior on 740 flying LAX-DOH where the FA's made a concerted effort to be present but not over solicitous. I went to the QR site and logged a complaint and stated my disappointment. That was then followed up with an email from customer service and then a separate survey for me to complete with more details. That too was responded to by an email from customer service.

So, Imagine my surprise when boarding today's QR 943 back to Doha when the Purser (forgive me for not knowing the exact title) approached me, introduced herself and said that she knew that I wasn't pleased with my last flight and that she and her crew would be sure that I had a very pleasant trip - as well as apologizing for the other crew. She said if I needed anything to let her know but that I would be in good hands. And she wasn't kidding. The trip was AMAZING - crew was on point and, once again, she made sure to touch base with me to make sure that all was well. This was really "Six Star" service and a great service recovery in my book. Now, I am sure that the other crew got in a bit of trouble - and from what I have read, QR Management is rather tough. I feel a little guilty - I know that crews can have a tough day but the DOH-SIN crew sere just bad.

I guess I was lucky that QR actually read my complaint and have been blown away that the current crew was aware of the issue and really pulled out the stops. Truly a 1st Class experience.
This is really refreshing to hear. Makes me think more of a company when they can fess up to mistakes and attempt to correct them.