Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Generally lounge access on QR is determined by to onward flight but I think the exception is if you arrive from a LH F and connect in J to a service that doesn't have F. Based on that you will have access, assuming the lounge is open
I am not so sure as you on this matter as I said in post 944
"My comment about some Business class passengers having access is based upon an incident in the old PT in Feb. 2014. The 'Dragon lady' at the top of the escalator explained very clearly that access to the First class lounge was for departing First class passengers only. However if you, as he had, arrived in First and were travelling to one of 6 destinations in Business then you MAY be granted access. I cannot remember the exact destinations but I think that there were 1 Canadian, 2 US, 2 South American and one Australian destination.

Exactly what the new rules will be no one knows!"

The rules for lounge access appear to change very frequently and very seldom in writing. I get the feeling from this and earlier threads that the rules are what the person who administers them at the entrance thinks they should be.

In answer to the original question :- NO ONE KNOWS! It is all guesswork at least until Al Safwa opens.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
Originally Posted by ikura
Is there an arrivals lounge in DOH? I'm arriving at 5 AM and have an onward flight in the afternoon. Planned on spendig the day seeing Doha. I'd love to have a shower after I land.
Yes, if arriving in C/F you get access to the arrivals lounge. I don't know if there are showers (but i would assume there are..)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by homer3152
According to just received info from Doha the Lounge will be opened as of end May..at least till then the Krug should continue to flow in Al Mourjan..and probably longer, as its being offered for F and C pax alike in the A380 bar

PS: pls have a look at my latest A350 video on youtube if you havent seen it yet
Thanks Homer! The lack of official updates is killing me!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: QR Gold
According to just received info from Doha the Lounge will be opened as of end May..at least till then the Krug should continue to flow in Al Mourjan..and probably longer, as its being offered for F and C pax alike in the A380 bar

PS: pls have a look at my latest A350 video on youtube if you havent seen it yet

Amazing Homer! I just love your report; especially your sound decibel tests at takeoff! Cant wait to see Part II
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Garuda GFF Gold + Miles and More + QR Gold
Wait until Homer starts measuring the flight attendants !
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Generally lounge access on QR is determined by to onward flight but I think the exception is if you arrive from a LH F and connect in J to a service that doesn't have F. Based on that you will have access, assuming the lounge is open
Originally Posted by remdk
I am not so sure as you on this matter as I said in post 944
"My comment about some Business class passengers having access is based upon an incident in the old PT in Feb. 2014. The 'Dragon lady' at the top of the escalator explained very clearly that access to the First class lounge was for departing First class passengers only. However if you, as he had, arrived in First and were travelling to one of 6 destinations in Business then you MAY be granted access. I cannot remember the exact destinations but I think that there were 1 Canadian, 2 US, 2 South American and one Australian destination.

Exactly what the new rules will be no one knows!"

The rules for lounge access appear to change very frequently and very seldom in writing. I get the feeling from this and earlier threads that the rules are what the person who administers them at the entrance thinks they should be.

In answer to the original question :- NO ONE KNOWS! It is all guesswork at least until Al Safwa opens.
Thanks guys. Hope they will let me in as arriving in LH F.

May be I can tell them that my doctor has prescribed me 5 glass of Krug each day and I was able to only get 3 on my flight from CDG.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks homer3152. Great video!

I travel on QR in J later in May so hopefully Krug will be available in the air or on the ground.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 3:36 pm

Programs: AFKL Plat STE+ (LT), OZ Diam+ *G (LT), QF Gold OWS (LTG 83%)
Regarding the Krug question.

I think they have a quota of bottle each day.
They ran out of the stuff while I was in the lounge on April 18th, that was 5PM. And switched to VCP and LP, regular ones, much inferior to Krug.

And on April 22nd also on 5PM, I overheard the bartenders checking their respective remaining quantities of Krug as soldiers checking their amno ! They still had enough for me but apparently they were getting worried.

So I would suspect it's better to come early if you want to enjoy!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by mogoy
Regarding the Krug question.

I think they have a quota of bottle each day.
They ran out of the stuff while I was in the lounge on April 18th, that was 5PM. And switched to VCP and LP, regular ones, much inferior to Krug.

And on April 22nd also on 5PM, I overheard the bartenders checking their respective remaining quantities of Krug as soldiers checking their amno ! They still had enough for me but apparently they were getting worried.

So I would suspect it's better to come early if you want to enjoy!
Interesting ..as I'm sure now I recall the barman at the upstairs bar saying we are using too much to his colleague ! This would have been around 10pm March 22nd . However we took a glass downstairs before departure and the walker took the empty glasses and said "more Krug sir ?"without asking and we had another after that .

Where can we get a Krug ration booklet ?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Overview of all the lounges open right now in a video

I posted a few weeks ago a link to my video showing basically all lounges open right now, their current use and their future use, once Al Safwa was open. The link was taken down by an overmotivated moderator who never understood that I was just trying to be helpful to all of you. But you find it on my youtube site...as long as this post is not taken down again.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:50 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: QR Privilege Club Gold; Accor LeClub Platinum
I posted a few weeks ago a link to my video showing basically all lounges open right now, their current use and their future use, once Al Safwa was open. The link was taken down by an overmotivated moderator who never understood that I was just trying to be helpful to all of you. But you find it on my youtube site...as long as this post is not taken down again.
That's very useful, thanks homer! Really enjoying your videos!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: Transaero Gold,Air Madagascar Platinium
any update wether Y pax with OW sapphire could enter Al Mourjan or be directed to Al Maha?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:53 am

I was today on one ticket flying NRT-DOH in J and DOH-CAI in Y and when I checked in Narita they printed on the boarding pass that I had acess to the Al Mouranj (?) lounge. I was prepared to pay the Oryx but went to the Al Mour...
Old Apr 25, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by sinbac
any update wether Y pax with OW sapphire could enter Al Mourjan or be directed to Al Maha?

Thanks!
Was inside Al Mourjan many times with OW sapphire and on a Qatar economy flight. Up to now no problem.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by sinbac

Thanks!
At the moment you should have access to Al Mourjan lounge but when the other loungrs are opened it is unlikely.

This thread contains peoples best GUESS as to opening dates and access but NO ONE KNOWS for certain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.