FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Lounges at HIA
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:48 am
remdk

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Generally lounge access on QR is determined by to onward flight but I think the exception is if you arrive from a LH F and connect in J to a service that doesn't have F. Based on that you will have access, assuming the lounge is open
I am not so sure as you on this matter as I said in post 944
"My comment about some Business class passengers having access is based upon an incident in the old PT in Feb. 2014. The 'Dragon lady' at the top of the escalator explained very clearly that access to the First class lounge was for departing First class passengers only. However if you, as he had, arrived in First and were travelling to one of 6 destinations in Business then you MAY be granted access. I cannot remember the exact destinations but I think that there were 1 Canadian, 2 US, 2 South American and one Australian destination.

Exactly what the new rules will be no one knows!"

The rules for lounge access appear to change very frequently and very seldom in writing. I get the feeling from this and earlier threads that the rules are what the person who administers them at the entrance thinks they should be.

In answer to the original question :- NO ONE KNOWS! It is all guesswork at least until Al Safwa opens.