Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by garethmorgan
Is therer a J arrivals' lounge in DOH?
There is an arrivals lounge landside. Turn left after going through customs and it's on your left
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is therer a J arrivals' lounge in DOH?
Yes, details/review here:

https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/qat...-lounges-doha/
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:22 am

Thanks. With a 4am arrival, by the time you get out of the airport it's too late to justify booking the night before and too early to check-in, unless the Mondrian is particulalrly generous.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:02 am

Thanks. With a 4am arrival, by the time you get out of the airport it's too late to justify booking the night before and too early to check-in, unless the Mondrian is particulalrly generous.
This is where the Discover Qatar stopover hotel programme shines, if you're eligible. It has 24 hour check in.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
This is where the Discover Qatar stopover hotel programme shines, if you're eligible. It has 24 hour check in.
Would it count that as a night? I'm staying for 3 starting with evening of the arrival day.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 3:22 pm

Would it count that as a night? I'm staying for 3 starting with evening of the arrival day.
I just tried a 3 night booking and it let me. Previously I've just put in the true "overnight" number of nights I've stayed there 24 hour check in wasn't an issue.
Old May 25, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sorry I'm no longer very familiar with QR and flying next week for my first post-Covid longhaul. Is there just one Platinum lounge at HIA for OW Emeralds, or have they opened a duplicate one now, like the second Al Mourjan? Also, does anyone have any feedback or recent experiences of the relaxation pods in the Platinum lounge? Do you have to reserve them, and do they give out blankets on request? I have an 8 hr overnight layover on a Business Light fare, which I accept is no one's fault but my own!
Old May 26, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
I just realized I never reported back. Spent the entirety of my layover in the Gold lounge. It was fine... they had a decent amount of food including several salad options which I enjoyed, though everything was pre-plated (similar to how they do in the The Club here in the USA). Very good bar selection. The lounge was on the smaller side but I had no problem finding a seat, and the showers were very nice. Next to no view out the windows. It gets old after 8 hours, but it was certainly better than sitting/walking around the airport aimlessly.

-J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.