Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remdk
... so show your boarding passes for the DPH-CMB flight.
Or the DOH-CMB flight.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:26 am

Thanks for both replies. No upgrades - just paid cash for Biz class as it was an OK fare for that time of year.
Is there anything fundamentally downmarket about the Oryx Lounge? We never seem to enjoy Al Mourjan - takes too long to get from one place to another and always crowded when we have been there (between midnight and 3am). From past experience, we will be looking for peace and quiet, soft drinks (preferably freshly squeezed juices), and champagne.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: LH, BA
Hi all, I'm traveling in Y via DOH and have the possibility of either booking the Oryx lounge for about $25 (Diners Club) or the FC Lounge for $65 (through QR Website).
Would you recommend paying the difference for the FCL or is it just not worth it? It's about 3 hours time so I will look for some early dinner and a shower. Thanks.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyasia
Hi all, I'm traveling in Y via DOH and have the possibility of either booking the Oryx lounge for about $25 (Diners Club) or the FC Lounge for $65 (through QR Website).
Would you recommend paying the difference for the FCL or is it just not worth it? It's about 3 hours time so I will look for some early dinner and a shower. Thanks.

I can't imagine the FC lounge being better than the Oryx one.

There isn't much FC about it!
Old Nov 29, 2019, 6:40 am

flyasia BAEC Gold is OW Emerald which gives you free access to the FC lounge.
Note that this is NOT the Al Safwa lounge.
Old Nov 29, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Gold (OWS), Asiana Diamond (*G)
Does anyone know what lounge it is near gate A1? It only says 'lounge' on the outside.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: LH, BA
thanks but I never said I was BAEC Gold
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
I noticed something a little bit strange when I discovered the page to buy lounge access in Manage my Booking.
I have a business class booking through DOH with BA Silver/Oneworld Sapphire status.
As expected the page lists Al Mourjan and the Business Class Lounge as inclusive but also the First Class Lounge, which doesn't match the Oneworld page, which claims it's for First Class and Emerald only.

Could I get in there?

Not that I plan to go there, I might even buy access to Al Safwa.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by dagohh
I noticed something a little bit strange when I discovered the page to buy lounge access in Manage my Booking.
I have a business class booking through DOH with BA Silver/Oneworld Sapphire status.
As expected the page lists Al Mourjan and the Business Class Lounge as inclusive but also the First Class Lounge, which doesn't match the Oneworld page, which claims it's for First Class and Emerald only.

Could I get in there?

Not that I plan to go there, I might even buy access to Al Safwa.
That's a mistake you're not elligible for the F lounge, but that's ok, Al Moujan is a better choice anyway (or AS as you note!)
Old Feb 25, 2022, 10:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Hi all,

Flying in April for the first time since COVID. I only flew with QR before which was before the P fares.

Route: SIN DOH MAD flying in business class, P fare.
2 pax, 1 BA Gold/Emerald and 1 BA Silver/Sapphire

The flight in Singapore leaves at 3am, QF lounge will be closed. Does anyone know what lounge QR uses in Singapore? I assume We still have access due to status.

In Doha we won’t have access to the Al Mourjan lounge due to the P fare. What lounge will we be able to use? I see there is an Oryx lounge, a first class lounge and a business class lounge. Any recent experiences on these lounges?

thanks.
Globalist
Old Feb 26, 2022, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Globalist
Hi all,

Flying in April for the first time since COVID. I only flew with QR before which was before the P fares.

The flight in Singapore leaves at 3am, QF lounge will be closed. Does anyone know what lounge QR uses in Singapore? I assume We still have access due to status.

In Doha we won’t have access to the Al Mourjan lounge due to the P fare. What lounge will we be able to use? I see there is an Oryx lounge, a first class lounge and a business class lounge. Any recent experiences on these lounges?

thanks.
Globalist
I believe as an Emerald you'll still get Al Mourjan as the other status lounges are still closed. Whether that has changed by April is anyone's guess!
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
I believe as an Emerald you'll still get Al Mourjan as the other status lounges are still closed. Whether that has changed by April is anyone's guess!
I was not counting on this still being available as flights are getting back on track now, of course that would be an ideal solution

Globalist
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:24 am

I was not counting on this still being available as flights are getting back on track now, of course that would be an ideal solution

Globalist
I'm passing through this weekend and also at the end of March (some flights are in P class) so I'll update the thread with my experiences!
Globalist likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Hi all,

thanks.
Globalist
just spent 3 hours in the SATS Premier lounge in Singapore which Qatar is currently using. Has to be one of the worst lounges I’ve been in for a while. You can order food using a QR code but it didn’t look that nice tbh. There was also a bread roll or a puff pastry thing in a basket and that’s it for food.
I would definitely minimise your time in the lounge if you can
Globalist likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 9:29 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Schwann
I thought now that the QR Silver lounge was open that OW status members will not be granted access to AM lounge?

AM access rules - no mention of OW status for access

Now I cant find it online, but in my app it shows the QR Silver lounge access rules as QR gold & silver PC and OW Saphire or higher.

Am I mistaken?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.