Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Schwann
PLEASE NOTE: The below information is largely out of date as of 2023 and needs to be updated:

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges. The Departure Lounges at HIA include :

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - QR and OW First Class Passengers only
Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - QR and OW First and Business Class Passengers only
HIA First Class Lounge
HIA Business Class Lounge
Oryx Lounge
Al Maha lounge

Additionally, there is an arrivals lounge for those exiting the airport (either very long connection or if Doha is their final destination)

For information on which lounge to use, when travelling with QR, at other airports, please see here.

Which Departure Lounge can I use?

Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Arriving on a longhaul Qatar First class qualifies for lounge access even if connecting flight is not in F. Reports on the Lounge, can be found here(external link) and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here (external). Wiki for Al Safwa is here.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in F or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul F flight. Op-ups and guests are not admitted.

Qatar Airways Al Mourjan Lounge - The Lounge access is only for Qatar Airways and Oneworld First and Business Class passengers and is located on Level 3 of the airport. Information and photographs can be found here - here. A thread has recently been started specific to Al Mourjan - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...ss-lounge.html. Existing posts in this thread about Al Mourjan will be moved there as time permits.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card for a flight departing in J or a boarding card for an incoming longhaul J flight.

HIA First Class Lounge - The First Class Lounge is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery. First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club Platinum and Oneworld alliance Emerald members may access this facility.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWE status for your departing flight.

HIA Business Class Lounge - This lounge, that caters for First or Business class ticketed passengers as well as QR Privilege Club, Platinum Gold and Silver members and oneworld alliance Emerald and Sapphire members, is located on Concourse A, Level 2 at the airport, and offers facilities which include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, shower facilities, conference rooms, smoking rooms, family rooms, a business centre and a nursery.
The absolute minimum requirement for access is a boarding card showing OWS status for your departing flight.

Oryx Lounge - May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines. Economy passengers will be able to gain access to the lounge for a fee of QAR 200 (USD 55).

Al Maha Lounge - Available to priority pass members. Located opposite the entrance to the Oryx Lounge.

Arrivals Lounge - There are essentially 2 - the first one is prior to immigration and has some snacks, drinks, and a seating area, as well as a dedicated immigration booth. The second (and main) one is just outside customs to the left, near the W.H. Smith store. This one has snacks, drinks, a menu to order from, showers, etc. Both arrivals lounges are for QR J passengers only, oneworld status alone will not get you into the lounge.

Opening Times
QR lounges are open 24 hours/day and serve no alcoholic beverages during Ramadan (27 May-25 June 2017 and 16 May-14 June 2018).

Luggage facilites
There are luggage boxes for hand luggage in Al Safwa, Al Mourjan, First Class and Business Class lounges.

Transit Options
Alternatives for long transits:
Print Wikipost

QR Lounges at HIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Crisu69
Was inside Al Mourjan many times with OW sapphire and on a Qatar economy flight. Up to now no problem.
Was denied access to Al Mourjan as OW Sapphire on QR Y last week.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by ckx2
Was denied access to Al Mourjan as OW Sapphire on QR Y last week.
Did they fail to realise that BA Silver is OWS as opposed to QR Silver which is OWR, by any chance?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I had a couple of glasses in the upper bar then went down for a stroll and found this baby unopened, chilled and lonely. Mr Krug and I became very good friends.

Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:08 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Did they fail to realise that BA Silver is OWS as opposed to QR Silver which is OWR, by any chance?
I do not think that this is the problem because the Oneworld status is also printed on the Qatar Priviledge Club Card and BA Card and additionally the Oneworld status is also printed on the ticket. At the escalator to the lounge they normally only scan the ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
I had a couple of glasses in the upper bar then went down for a stroll and found this baby unopened, chilled and lonely. Mr Krug and I became very good friends.

Nice, there was no stuff around and you drink the whole bottle?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:31 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I'm AA Plat (Sapphire) - my BP got scanned and got politely told that I'm not allowed to enter the lounge due not traveling in First or Biz. Didn't want to argue and only had like an hour so I didn't question it.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Crisu69
Nice, there was no stuff around and you drink the whole bottle?
There were plenty of staff around
but I pourd my own glasses. Hardly any passengers in that corner so I enjoyed it all to myself. I had a 7 hour layover so I took my time.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: QR Gold, Skyteam Silver, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum

But you are not telling us you had the Krug from those glasses???
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:50 am

In about 1 week i will be again in doha with my economy flight with qatair and ow saphire, i will tell you what i got access and what i drink
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
From a transit on the night of the 23rd of April:

1. I got to the lounge around 6:30 pm. Contrary to prior visits when the lounge was almost empty at this time, it was full and even a bit of a madhouse. Especially the upstairs restaurant was packed and staff were straining to keep the buffet stocked. Things quieted down a couple of hours later. Then came the usual late night rush, although still not as busy as when I first got to the lounge.

2. If you have a long layover don't forget to use the lockers so you can lighten your load while you roam the lounge or go shopping out in the terminal.

3. In recognition of recent posting traffic I feel compelled to note that the Krug was plentiful and flowing freely.

4. For the all important question of the Safwa lounge opening, I asked 3 different people. I asked one man at the bar, the lady in the business center, and one of the guys at the lounge front desk. All of them pretty much said late May, one of them even said May 20th. All agreed that it would be impossible before then. It's rare to get roughly the same answer from three different people. So this unusual bit of consistency from QR staff would seem to say the late May opening is a pretty sure thing.

5. Out in the terminal, D and E concourses are still closed except for the lower level bus gates in each. I saw no sign of any work being done on the North Node lounges.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by homer3152
But you are not telling us you had the Krug from those glasses???
HAH! That would just be desperate. But no, the champagne glasses are hanging under the cart.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by arabiamark
2. If you have a long layover don't forget to use the lockers so you can lighten your load while you roam the lounge or go shopping out in the terminal.

I was about to add that as useful info for the wikipost, and thus spotted the bulk of what I put there had been edited out. With good intentions I believe, what's left is crisp: the most useful 20% of the info. But an edit like that with no comment in the thread or PM to the person being effectively over-ruled seems... well it leaves me with two questions: (a) is edit history available on the wikipost?, (b) what's the etiquette for editing the wikipost?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:04 am

Programs: FB plf; IB oro; LA black; ET silver
Originally Posted by arabiamark
4. For the all important question of the Safwa lounge opening, I asked 3 different people. I asked one man at the bar, the lady in the business center, and one of the guys at the lounge front desk. All of them pretty much said late May, one of them even said May 20th. All agreed that it would be impossible before then. It's rare to get roughly the same answer from three different people. So this unusual bit of consistency from QR staff would seem to say the late May opening is a pretty sure thing.
Hope it will take place before the 23rd .
Thanks for this great info.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by ckx2
I'm AA Plat (Sapphire) - my BP got scanned and got politely told that I'm not allowed to enter the lounge due not traveling in First or Biz. Didn't want to argue and only had like an hour so I didn't question it.
Strange. i looked on the signs by the escalator yesterday when I passed through yesterday. It clearly said access for: First and Business passangers (I assume it meant QR, dont remember now), Qatar Gold and Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by johhenrik
Strange. i looked on the signs by the escalator yesterday when I passed through yesterday. It clearly said access for: First and Business passangers (I assume it meant QR, dont remember now), Qatar Gold and Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire and Emerald.
Correct I noted that this morning as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.