Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow - Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: QF SG, AC, AA
Originally Posted by flashware
T5 Terraces or Galleries? If Terraces, then of course you would have access as that's one of the stated lounges. I thought T5 was Galleries only?
You are correct! Galleries it is!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jrobin
T5 Terraces or Galleries? If Terraces, then of course you would have access as that's one of the stated lounges. I thought T5 was Galleries only?
You are correct! Galleries it is!
Good news, here's hoping it was a super efficient Lounge Agent who's just been made aware of the re-instatement of QP access at the Galleries and not some poor bewildered dragon just back from long service leave who was never aware that BA/QF (??) had stopped it
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:18 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by xintraveller
BA doesn't have any Terraces lounges in any of A B or C parts of T5 unless this changed within the last 2 weeks of my travel out of T5. If you were allowed on the 29th, then Qantas has made some progress... is there anyway, you can let the members know what was in the "printed Chart" that BA gave you on the 22nd?

cheers
Just a PoP (Point of Pedant ) T5C has NO lounges, full-stop.

BD
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BD1959
Just a PoP (Point of Pedant ) T5C has NO lounges, full-stop.

BD
Using the same PoP , the original comment that there are no terraces lounges in T5C was completely accurate already
Old Nov 29, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Using the same PoP , the original comment that there are no terraces lounges in T5C was completely accurate already
^

BD
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: Qantas Club, Miles & More
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
Good news, here's hoping it was a super efficient Lounge Agent who's just been made aware of the re-instatement of QP access at the Galleries and not some poor bewildered dragon just back from long service leave who was never aware that BA/QF (??) had stopped it
I don't think this access is re-instated, I received the following reply from Qantas today,

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
As previously advised this is the agreement Qantas has with British Airways, previously British Airways were allowing Qantas Club members access to the Galleries lounge in Terminal 5, though not part of the agreement, but are now standing by the terms and conditions.

, I appreciate the time you've taken to write to us, your feedback has been noted and referred to the relevant department. I hope your next Qantas experience will be a more positive and enjoyable

So this is the last time I am choosing BA out of Heathrow, as there's really no additional benefit to fly with them any more. I believe this is unfair business practices.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:18 am

I don't think this access is re-instated, I received the following reply from Qantas today,

As previously advised this is the agreement Qantas has with British Airways, previously British Airways were allowing Qantas Club members access to the Galleries lounge in Terminal 5, though not part of the agreement, but are now standing by the terms and conditions.

, I appreciate the time you've taken to write to us, your feedback has been noted and referred to the relevant department. I hope your next Qantas experience will be a more positive and enjoyable

So this is the last time I am choosing BA out of Heathrow, as there's really no additional benefit to fly with them any more. I believe this is unfair business practices.
There's still no reply from Red Roo on AFF. Perhaps they need a prod!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
There's still no reply from Red Roo on AFF. Perhaps they need a prod!
If QF manages the rest of the airline as they are handling this issue, gawd help the shareholders.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:26 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]

Which bit of Qantas sent this to you ? I am hoping that I am already in communication with the "relevant" department, but you never know.

I have just sent a followup email to the person (Head of Customer Loyalty) who recently invited my wife to renew her QC membership.

Needless to say we have declined unless and until the benefits previously enjoyed [even if "unofficially"] are available, as there is no guarantee that the few remaining BA "Terraces and Executive Club" lounges will remain as such during the life of our QC membership.

The last response I had from Qantas [Executive Relations] was on the 21st November, and my original email to them was dated the 5th November.

As I am currently based in the UK, the real loser will, in all probability, be BA, as there will be less incentive to buy their flights over the cheaper options that Mrs PWOZUK will be encouraging me to take.

I will no doubt learn more when I take my next Qantas flight from LHR/T3 on Wednesday ...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
I will no doubt learn more when I take my next Qantas flight from LHR/T3 on Wednesday ...
Where, ironically, you're unlikely to have a problem getting access ...
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: Qantas Club, Miles & More
Cool

Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Which bit of Qantas sent this to you ? I am hoping that I am already in communication with the "relevant" department, but you never know.

I have just sent a followup email to the person (Head of Customer Loyalty) who recently invited my wife to renew her QC membership.

Needless to say we have declined unless and until the benefits previously enjoyed [even if "unofficially"] are available, as there is no guarantee that the few remaining BA "Terraces and Executive Club" lounges will remain as such during the life of our QC membership.

The last response I had from Qantas [Executive Relations] was on the 21st November, and my original email to them was dated the 5th November.

As I am currently based in the UK, the real loser will, in all probability, be BA, as there will be less incentive to buy their flights over the cheaper options that Mrs PWOZUK will be encouraging me to take.

The above email was sent to me by
someone called "Olivia" early this morning, in response to the mail I sent about my disappointment on the 21st November.

And you are right, BA will be the loser as now I've already booked three flights out of T3 using Star Alliance, as I am a Gold with Star. The only hassle is that I would have to transit in certain cases. I am more than willing to over look this as I have access to proper lounges than hanging out at the main terminal without a place to work.

QC will lose most of their members that frequently travelling to Europe, if they don't sort this out.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:02 pm

And you are right, BA will be the loser as now I've already booked three flights out of T3 using Star Alliance, as I am a Gold with Star. The only hassle is that I would have to transit in certain cases. I am more than willing to over look this as I have access to proper lounges than hanging out at the main terminal without a place to work.

QC will lose most of their members that frequently travelling to Europe, if they don't sort this out.
Surely, if work is actually important to do, there will be more time to do it on arrival taking a non-stop service versus wasting time connecting in other places regardless of airline chosen

I suspect that this is a v small number of members that would not renew due to BA lounge access and that the majority use membership for Qantas lounges
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:14 pm

I suspect that this is a v small number of members that would not renew due to BA lounge access and that the majority use membership for Qantas lounges
I suspect you're correct with respect to QC membership - however the lack of lounge access due to direct QF flights also plays its part in the purchase decision for an individual trip.

For example: travelling to MAN, even within OW, I can choose a number of options. If I'm flying on a J redemption it's a no brainer: QF/BA. If I'm spending currency in Y or PE, I now choose the cheapest/easiest option since they all provide limited/no access. In fact I'm less likely to fly QF beyond Asia since the *only* redeeming feature of LHR for me is the Lounge Access and I'm therefore more likely to fly AY beyond Asia due to the easier connection times/ease at HEL. Sure, QF keep the $400-ish I'm spending on QC Membership, anyway, but lose out big-time on the ticket.

...but hey, this fits in with QF's "regionalisation" of itself, so I must be doing something right!!

Regards,

BD
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by BD1959
I suspect you're correct with respect to QC membership - however the lack of lounge access due to direct QF flights also plays its part in the purchase decision for an individual trip.

For example: travelling to MAN, even within OW, I can choose a number of options. If I'm flying on a J redemption it's a no brainer: QF/BA. If I'm spending currency in Y or PE, I now choose the cheapest/easiest option since they all provide limited/no access.
But if you were flying with Qantas, you would get lounge access in Australia and Asia on the way out and at Terraces Manchester and T3 Heathrow on the return; the only time where would have to suffer with the masses would be at T5 on the outbound. 5 out of 6 airports would provide lounge access

If flying on a J redemption, why would it be necessarily QF/BA and not, say, CX?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:49 pm

But if you were flying with Qantas, you would get lounge access in Australia and Asia on the way out and at Terraces Manchester and T3 Heathrow on the return; the only time where would have to suffer with the masses would be at T5 on the outbound. 5 out of 6 airports would provide lounge access

If flying on a J redemption, why would it be necessarily QF/BA and not, say, CX?
... and due to BA's lack of flexibility on it's "shuttle" services (unlike QF on SYD/MEL) the connection at LHR is probably my longest in a terminal and therefore greatest need. Flying AY, I'd not have access at the Asian port on the outbound, would hardly have time to use at HEL either direction, and would miss coming at the return ex-MAN.

Would still have QC access ex-Aus and ex-Asia on the return. Re Terraces at Manchester - who's to say BA won't rename that next week?

TBH: I've previously seldom considered them due to lack of visbility on the Redemption website (kick's his-self!)

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.