Search

Heathrow - Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by moa999
Update from RedRoo posted on AFF - essentially policy will be changed to include all BA Galleries lounges from 31 Jan 2012
Heres hoping RedRoo thinks enough of FT to post here as well ....
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by moa999
Update from RedRoo posted on AFF - essentially policy will be changed to include all BA Galleries lounges from 31 Jan 2012
Well if this is true good on Qantas for sorting this out for the benefit of its Qantas Club membership.
A pity that there was a disruption of service but we will never know how hard this was to sort out nor how much it will cost Qantas.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Well if this is true good on Qantas for sorting this out for the benefit of its Qantas Club membership.
A pity that there was a disruption of service but we will never know how hard this was to sort out nor how much it will cost Qantas.
You can't put a price on goodwill
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:01 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
It seems all is well. However, it took far too long to sort out.

IMO, QF allowing their members to suffer the rejection for so long......is just wrong.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:22 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by amaroo
It seems all is well. However, it took far too long to sort out.

IMO, QF allowing their members to suffer the rejection for so long......is just wrong.
I agree, and I'm glad it does appear to have been sorted out from Jan 31st according to Red Roo.
Would be nice if the QF website was updated and maybe even nicer if the BA website could be updated to include access to their Lounges for QP and OW Sapphire and Emerald
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Do you know what caused the length of time to deal with the issue to determine whether it took significantly longer than it had to?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:42 am

I am thinking the issue might have been from the BA end as opposed to QF trying to annoy its members as such (BA not wanting to absorb the cost for QC members using the BA lounge).

BA lounge access can often be annoying and difficult. For example (and on a tangent), I have been denied access to the BA lounge in DXB connecting to a RJ flight from a CX flight before. First excuse was that cannot access this lounge as a QC member (despite SGs and WPs travelling). When this was challenged, the lady said "Iran Air is not a member of oneworld". When this was challenged, I was told the lounge did not have capacity (there were 5 people at the time). I just left, too much arguing for entrance into a mediocre lounge
Old Jan 28, 2012, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by og
Heres hoping RedRoo thinks enough of FT to post here as well ....
Sadly I very much doubt it. Considering he has even failed to acknowledge a PM(s), I would not be putting any money on it.

For such a large company, I am really surprised how poorly QF manages its social media.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:31 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
BA lounge access can often be annoying and difficult. For example (and on a tangent), I have been denied access to the BA lounge in DXB connecting to a RJ flight from a CX flight before. First excuse was that cannot access this lounge as a QC member (despite SGs and WPs travelling). When this was challenged, the lady said "Iran Air is not a member of oneworld". When this was challenged, I was told the lounge did not have capacity (there were 5 people at the time). I just left, too much arguing for entrance into a mediocre lounge
The BA lounge in DXB can hardly handle BA's own premium pax. Every time I've been there, they had a pax list of the next BA flights premium pax and were checking them off as they arrived while turning away people seeking status based access.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Do you know what caused the length of time to deal with the issue to determine whether it took significantly longer than it had to?
I don't know what the issue was......could have been a number of things!

Whatever, the reason it doesn't pardon QF's responsibility to inform.

IMO, the time taken was a joke - particularly when it resulted in QF customers being rejected at the door.

Understand that rules can change....but, I also understand that allowing clients to rock up & be dismissed is PP.

Nothing to be gain by hiding.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by amaroo
I don't know what the issue was......could have been a number of things!

Whatever, the reason it doesn't pardon QF's responsibility to inform.

IMO, the time taken was a joke - particularly when it resulted in QF customers being rejected at the door.

Understand that rules can change....but, I also understand that allowing clients to rock up & be dismissed is PP.

Nothing to be gain by hiding.
Except that the rules hadn't changed; the rules explictly stated that there was access to BA Terraces and Executive club lounges ; what does seem to have been managed by Qantas is to change the agreement to cover Galleries lounges
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Except that the rules hadn't changed; the rules explictly stated that there was access to BA Terraces and Executive club lounges ; what does seem to have been managed by Qantas is to change the agreement to cover Galleries lounges
so Dave - are you honestly saying here that if Qantas decided to rename their domestic lounges as 'The Qantas Lounge' that they could really exclude all paid members and life time members of the Qantas Club?

That is the same thing that happened at Heathrow. The clarification 'Terraces and Executive Club' was ONLY there to make it clear that third party lounges (not operated by BA) were excluded from lounge entry with QF Club cards.

Some people are reading the Terraces and Executive Club as being a limiting clause, in fact it was merely a clarification, and not intended to 'limit' access to Terraces and Executive Club at all. Why? because Galleries didn't even exist... so any normal reading of the clause could not be taken to exclude Galleries!
Old Jan 28, 2012, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
so Dave - are you honestly saying here that if Qantas decided to rename their domestic lounges as 'The Qantas Lounge' that they could really exclude all paid members and life time members of the Qantas Club?

That is the same thing that happened at Heathrow. The clarification 'Terraces and Executive Club' was ONLY there to make it clear that third party lounges (not operated by BA) were excluded from lounge entry with QF Club cards.
That is your interpretation

Qantas has control over their own lounges and if they chose to rebrand them that is another matter entirely

When it comes to 3rd party lounges such as BA, they have no control. The wording on the page may just have reflected the agreement they had with BA ; I cannot see how anyone on this forum would be in a position to assert what the intent was ( except potentially the person who used to post under the account of Red Roo )

As far as the preciseness of the application, the T5 lounge is not a terraces lounge and by the wording in place, was not covered
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I'm with Dave Noble on this one (I also not the similar thread was locked on AFF so people need to be careful here)

I will also point out that this is a Qantas Club card and those annual and lifetime members should really only expect continued access to base Qantas clubs (however named) - and any access to AA/BA/ potentially others (AA who doesn't have BA access has recently improved their list) should be viewed as an extra benefit that may not last forever.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 6:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Except the post by Red Roo in AFF (post 513 here) specifically says that access has been "reinstated". This very clearly suggests there was access all along which, as we know, was in fact the case.

So, yes, the rules did change and now access has been "reinstated".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.