FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow - Terminal 5
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:14 pm
BD1959

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I suspect that this is a v small number of members that would not renew due to BA lounge access and that the majority use membership for Qantas lounges
I suspect you're correct with respect to QC membership - however the lack of lounge access due to direct QF flights also plays its part in the purchase decision for an individual trip.

For example: travelling to MAN, even within OW, I can choose a number of options. If I'm flying on a J redemption it's a no brainer: QF/BA. If I'm spending currency in Y or PE, I now choose the cheapest/easiest option since they all provide limited/no access. In fact I'm less likely to fly QF beyond Asia since the *only* redeeming feature of LHR for me is the Lounge Access and I'm therefore more likely to fly AY beyond Asia due to the easier connection times/ease at HEL. Sure, QF keep the $400-ish I'm spending on QC Membership, anyway, but lose out big-time on the ticket.

...but hey, this fits in with QF's "regionalisation" of itself, so I must be doing something right!!

Regards,

BD