Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA, AE
The fare appears to have disappeared. Can anyone prove me wrong?
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:56 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by rawilliam
CDG fares are gone, and have been since Labor Day.
MAD as a starting and end point deals have increased significantly but are still "OK" - for my itin with a trans-Atlantic return, as well as a trans-Pacific, US$5700 rather than $4500
but I suspect going, going, gone.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 6:59 pm

Try flying out from Milan
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
As Bleuprince16 mentioned, most remaining itineraries depart from Milan. The P inventory is very hard to come by, but the Z inventory is out there if you carefully search on ExpertFlyer and/or ITA Matrix. The trick is going from an itinerary you can find on Google Flights and/or ITA Matrix to something you can book on an OTA that's actually reputable and reliable. I found that using the Microsoft Edge extension version of the ITA Matrix script didn't work when directly clicking on the Hotwire/Travelocity/Expedia/Orbitz links. However, using the ITA Matrix extension's Skyscanner.se and Momondo.se links led to Expedia.it for several westbound RTW itineraries with this fare. E.g.:

Edit: These itineraries are probably booking on LH stock with LH flight numbers, given that they originate from the following ITA itinerary:

Last edited by starwarsgeek8; Oct 2, 2022 at 10:01 am Reason: Added ITA Matrix screenshot
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:23 pm

Programs: airponts
Amsterdam is still good
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...S13Mz1DKHrYXB9
Miami, ORD, BOS all good for P class
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: UA
Trying to rebook flights due to a change in my plans and I have to book through United (flight credits). I am unclear what exact fare classes I need to search for availability. This is what I have gathered from the examples and previous posts, but I think I'm missing something. Any guidance would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Lufthansa: Z
Swiss Air: P
United: P
Air New Zealand: J
Singapore: D

(And is there a way I can find applicable fare classes to search by looking up the fare rules? This is all new to me!)

Last edited by seacliffs; Oct 4, 2022 at 8:52 am
Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:13 pm

Programs: airponts
Fly from Amsterdam to ORD for the first leg and then United to LAX . I find that to ticket with United that weekends are best. Tuesday- Friday the prices are sky high. You are looking for P in Lufthansa not Z.
Also when changing United booking online involving Star Alliance flights it will often show a massive increase in price on the first flight segment, keep clicking through to amend all the fights and often this changes.
geoshina likes this.

Last edited by kindagot; Oct 4, 2022 at 6:59 pm
Old Oct 4, 2022, 10:31 pm

May I ask why there are three fares with the name PNCIA and identical fare prices ?
I thought Fare codes are unique, there can only be one.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: UA
Thanks, kindagot! I'm not seeing any P anywhere soon, unfortunately. I'll keep looking!
kindagot likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
May I ask why there are three fares with the name PNCIA and identical fare prices ?
I thought Fare codes are unique, there can only be one.
The routing rules for each of the three instances are unique. One involves routing via North/South America/Oceania, one involves routing via China/Japan, and one involves routing via S.E Asia. Click on the % icon (second from the right) to see the separate routings.
Bleuprince16 likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:44 am

Programs: LX-SEN, KL-Gold, BA-Gold, LA-Comodoro
Decided to go to Australia from Europe this March and grabbed the following deal including an Upgrade with 2 E-Voucher on the LX Segment:

Couldnt be more happy about it. Costed me around 4K (not crazy cheap, I know) but brings loads of Miles and in this times, any "normal" flight with MEA Carriers to Australia from Europe is costing 3k at least as well. Thanks to all the help in this thread!

Regards from Switzerland
plas likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:40 pm

Thanks for all the discussion around these fares. I've just booked a $4K MXP -> NYC (2 month stop) -> AKL (1 week) -> NYC (2 month stop) -> MXP on LH, LX, UA and NZ. Whilst not the greatest of European -> AKL fares, given I live in the US now (plus have the need to spend time in Europe frequently) this works out really well for me.
Chiller3333 and nickohrn like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by nickohrn
First, this is still alive and still an amazing deal, in my opinion. I booked through United, which still seems to be possible, and I'm glad I did, because NZ cancelled my SFO-AKL flight and I was able to get UA to:

1. Move me to my ideal dates (a week off from my previously booked dates)
2. Move me to UA metal on SFO-AKL
3. Move me to ideal flight times on the domestic connections

They had automatically rebooked me on the NZ flight the day before the one that was cancelled, creating a negative connection time domestically. I asked directly for specific flights via chat and was confirmed on them within 15 minutes. Pretty happy with this outcome and wanted to share in case others run into a similar situation.
I flew the first part of this recently (CDG-FRA-LAS, with FRA-LAS operated by Finnair on behalf of Eurowings). Yesterday, I received a notification that my flight back to Europe for next May had changed so I chatted with UA and they were able to move me to UA metal LAS-SFO-CDG so I'm not forced to fly Edelweiss through Zurich. There was no charge for the change.

Keep an eye out for itinerary changes and don't be afraid to ask for what you want, even if the change is very small. The chat agents are very helpful on united.com.
Morgo likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:21 am

Programs: Miles&More, Privilege Club
Does anyone still see a way to get this fare for ~EUR 2.7k (given booking class availability)?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by lucasw
Does anyone still see a way to get this fare for ~EUR 2.7k (given booking class availability)?
At that price at this point I can find only quite simple itineraries, e.g. MXP-ORD-AKL-ORD-MXP [I used the Google Chrome app and Old ITA Matrix to click through to momondo.se and then expedia.it]

For a little bit more, you can do a genuine round-the-world trip, at least on Old ITA Matrix:

The trouble seems to be getting these more complex itineraries to price out on reputable online travel agencies. All I could get for this one, for instance, was Old ITA Matrix->Skyscanner.se->flygcity.se and Old ITA Matrix->Momondo.nl->travelfrom.nl, but I have no idea how reputable those OTAs are. They could be fly-by-night shops that don't have access to live inventory and show old cached data.

Last edited by starwarsgeek8; Oct 20, 2022 at 9:42 am Reason: added second OTA reference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.