Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 12:56 pm

I am having a difficult time with anything in 2023. Anyone smarter than I with any hints?
Old Apr 9, 2022, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by lamphs
I am having a difficult time with anything in 2023. Anyone smarter than I with any hints?
I started with a sample itinerary and modified one flight at a time (either date or city) trying to keep the same price. Here's one such itinerary with dates in 2023. Good luck!

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...UrE6MY5DfH1qm8
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by lamphs
I found this itinerary for 2023. We wanted to book that via LX or LH hotline for 2 adults and 2 Children, but the operator wasn’t able to ticket that. First try via LX they said the NZ flight is blocking it cuz it’s not a codeshare. Second try via LH they said they are not able to ticket that because too many different airlines are involved. Which I cannot believe because it’s only 3 different airlines. Maybe I have better luck speaking with their English hotlines instead of their German Hotlines?

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...CAEQABgA&hl=de
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2022, 4:15 am

Help with NZL waitlist

Managed to book & confirm the following through LX website, except one leg which is waitlisted and therefore it seems the whole itinerary can’t be ticketed. Any advice on what to do? LX call center said they can’t have someone on a waitlist, and I assume calling NZL won’t help as it’s booked through LX (they also take 3-4 hours to pickup).

AMS-BKK 28 June (confirmed)
BKK-SIN-AKL 19 Dec (confirmed)
AKL-SIN 29 Dec (waitlist)
BKK-AMS 15 Mar (confirmed)

EUR 3750
Old Apr 9, 2022, 3:13 pm

Question to more seasoned users - how common/rare is a deal of this order? Feeling some serious fomo at the moment.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Sqall
Question to more seasoned users - how common/rare is a deal of this order? Feeling some serious fomo at the moment.
At least a couple of times a year LH will have this sort of sale from most European gateways. Mostly as companion fares (i.e. you need to book two travelers), but sometimes also as single.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sub 3k€ J RTW in J with 3 free stopovers pops up a couple times a year? Could you point us to a couple of recent ones?

Originally Posted by malmostoso
At least a couple of times a year LH will have this sort of sale from most European gateways. Mostly as companion fares (i.e. you need to book two travelers), but sometimes also as single.
honzeek_cz and Deckter like this.
Old Apr 10, 2022, 6:18 pm

Programs: airponts
It has also been around from NCE for most of this year. I think NZ opening up has put a lot of flights into the mix. You are looking for J class availability. They have some on their new Auckland to New York service starting in September too.
It is well worth subscribing to Expertflyer ( I think you get 5 days free??) to find the P class on LX/LH and D class SQ to piece together an itinerary.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:28 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Sqall
Rare. I can not remember something equivalent in the last 6 years. Some fares were somewhat equivalent but never were true RTW, and usually are companion fares (need 2 to book).
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:47 pm

Ping - Has anyone booked this type of fare directly with LH / UA? Did you have to call them? Or anyone booked with Expedia with success? How did you get it going? Looking at this fare for my parents who are doing a round the world trip with these tickets. \\Thanks!!
Old Apr 20, 2022, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lumit811
Ping - Has anyone booked this type of fare directly with LH / UA? Did you have to call them? Or anyone booked with Expedia with success? How did you get it going? Looking at this fare for my parents who are doing a round the world trip with these tickets. \\Thanks!!
Direct via UA. Example: https://www.google.com/travel/flight...RUZJYMCBQQ5gD8
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:04 am

Programs: airponts
I booked mine through United. The price only worked on the Google Flights link though. If I used United's site directly I couldn't get the super low price. It is best to use the multi-city option and ensure you have a leg to USA ports served by NZ and it should all be Gucci.
moyafmx likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by lumit811
On my fourth attempt, I was lucky to get a competent operator at the LX Hotline and he was able to ticket an itinerary CDG-ZRH-LAX/SFO-AKL/AKL-SIN/SIN-ZRH-CDG for 2 adults and two children. If you could name the fare code (in my example LX PNC60FR), it makes the operator’s life easier.
moyafmx likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 11:16 am

Apologies if I missed it somewhere in the thread, but are the legs changeable at all after flying the first one? I would like to get in on this but have never planned a trip this far ahead. Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:40 pm

Thanks all ... really appreciate the advice on calling LH directly or the UA link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.