Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 7:48 am

What is the fare code for the routing via Asia?

I have tried to find the fare but I can only find PNC60FR, PNC30FR, PRC60FR which all have routing rules forcing you to go via America, none via Asia.
Old May 14, 2022, 11:51 pm

I'm buying this ticket primarily for the PQP. So I don't want to buy it through United. What's the best option for that?
Old May 15, 2022, 12:08 am

Programs: airponts
Looking for segments under 2500/3000 miles as PQP will have maximum of 500 for each sector. I can't see you getting much more than 2000 if using star alliance carriers all the way.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:26 am

The 500 max is for economy. I should get 1500 PQP for business class on a preferred partner and 1000 if not preferred. Lufthansa, SwissAir, and Air New Zealand are all preferred.
Old May 15, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: airponts
Originally Posted by mhaines94108
The 500 max is for economy. I should get 1500 PQP for business class on a preferred partner and 1000 if not preferred. Lufthansa, SwissAir, and Air New Zealand are all preferred.
Oh yes, of course. Well then you do not want a segment over 6000 miles then on Air NZ this would be the maximum PQP.
Old May 15, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Out of curiosity, where are you guys crediting these? Looks like SK and SQ would give the best mileage.
Old May 15, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by AnttiV
Out of curiosity, where are you guys crediting these? Looks like SK and SQ would give the best mileage.
Credit should be in whichever account you can best make use- not necessarily whichever gives most points. Certain programs have expiration dates- a consideration for me not to credit to SQ.
jamiel, kilo and HarbourGent like this.
Old May 17, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Itinerary changes

Originally Posted by cfischer
Once travel has started you will always work directly with the ticketing airline and no longer with the OTA.
Just re-visiting this.

Looking at GoToGate's T&C's for post booking changes, doesn't this give me carte blanche to go directly to the airlines to make my changes? GTG's service fee is on a sliding sclae based on ticket price which is quite frankly ridiculous, after all a change is a change, it's nothing to do with how much the ticket cost. There are no change fees with the airlines unless there is a change in booking class so it would be much cheaper (free) to go direct. Also my ticket has been issued by ANA, but the changes I want to make are to an ANA flight, an ANA flight (LH codeshare) and a LH direct flight. Would ANA be able to handle all of that for me?

Post Booking Changes
We offer You changes and additions to Your flight booking, including for example: Rebooking, name change, seating reservation, additional baggage, additional flight meals, addition of infant ticket and other airline ancillary services (each a “Post-booking Change”). The offers vary and are depending on Your specific booking and airline. A Post-booking Change to Your flight booking is subject to the fare rules and terms and conditions of the respective airline. You may also contact the airline directly for changes and additions.

Thanks in advance
Old May 17, 2022, 10:45 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
You can always call the airline- but they will always tell you if ticketed by OTA and you want to make changes- call the OTA.
Old May 17, 2022, 3:13 pm

I just want to say thank you to the OP for this. I was able to book an awesome trip and use up a bunch of future flight credit from cancelled reservations for myself and my wife.

CDG-FRA-LAS in October (using this to return from Europe after visiting London to see the NFL matchup, hopefully)
LAS-SFO-AKL in December
AKL-SFO in December
LAS-ZRH-CDG next April

These are not my dates, but this is a very similar itinerary to what I booked - Google Flights

Cost was $3,062.72 per person.

I'm incredibly excited about this itinerary. I have a question for the hive mind here - reading the fare rules it seems like changes should respect the initial pricing after I fly the first segment. Given that is the case, should I be able to change my last LAS-ZRH-CDG to May once I fly the initial CDG-FRA-LAS legs? I would prefer to return to Europe about a month later than I'm currently booked but the booking schedule wasn't open.
moyafmx likes this.

Last edited by nickohrn; May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm Reason: Added Google Flights Link
Old May 19, 2022, 2:40 pm

Aeroplan Mileage

Originally Posted by zebranz
Credit should be in whichever account you can best make use- not necessarily whichever gives most points. Certain programs have expiration dates- a consideration for me not to credit to SQ.
Hi. I booked this fare a few weeks ago and I'm trying to decide where to credit the mileage on this fare. I would really appreciate it if someone could please help validate the calculations for Aeroplan... I used the cowtool and got 27,134 (I'm 50K) based on the following routing. Does his sound correct? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by BoogieMan; Jul 15, 2022 at 1:48 pm
Old May 26, 2022, 4:28 am

Programs: M&M
Hey there,

any travel agents here that could help my (elderly) father in-law find & book the tickets? This seems like an easy-to-do task, but one needs to spend quite amount of time, which I'm currently lacking...

Thanks!
Old May 28, 2022, 8:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

@chmielko Ron Montgomery (NZ-based travel agent) of Spirit of Travel has a Youtube video of himself booking a LH fare from NZ to LHR with stopovers in NRT and EZE using Amadeus GDS so perhaps you could try reaching out to him
EHAM1 and RonofSpiritofTravel like this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Genuinely curious about how long this price is going to survive--Really could use it, since my family is in Australia and Asia, and I live in Europe and have work connections in US...But won't be able to fly this itinerary until June 2023. Fingers crossed that this is still going to be around for another 45 days...
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:28 am

I booked this fare through United a couple of weeks ago. European flights are LH, and New Zealand flights are ANZ.

Estimated PQP is 1/7th miles. I was expecting it to be 1/5th miles. Any ideas why?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.