Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 747jetter
I am trying to find something for February but struggle to get SIN/BKK - Europe leg (the last one), it always repriced to 12k€. I am trying to stay everywhere - NY, AKL and SIN/BKK for about 5-6 days. Is there a day minimum or I am just out of luck with dates?
There is a 10 day min in AKL or OJ SYD, so you need to stay in AKL 10 days or fly out of SYD 10 days after arrival in AKL
jfkeze likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Double posting

Last edited by zimt_fly; Sep 14, 2022 at 8:20 am Reason: Double posting
Old Sep 16, 2022, 1:36 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN, ALL Platinum
I scored this back in August. 4800 EUR per person for a Flexible fare (fully refundable). The Basic fare was 4300 EUR. Pretty happy with it.

Since then NRT-AKL has been cancelled. Rebooked on FRA-SFO-AKL (LH+UA) to keep the First Class seats.

Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Can anyone recommend a travel agent to book these through?

I thought I'd secured an AMS-AKL trip using Lufthansa's call centre, but after a lot of chasing seems that they aren't now going to ticket it.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by ianwall
Can anyone recommend a travel agent to book these through?

I thought I'd secured an AMS-AKL trip using Lufthansa's call centre, but after a lot of chasing seems that they aren't now going to ticket it.
Have you tried Expedia? Managed to get c 3200eur pricing through them - not as good as travel agent obv but able to lock in the tickets before they disappear
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Ianwall - see post 209
ianwall likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:41 pm

I am curious if those people selecting to fly with Air New Zealand knows what Business Class seat looks like in Air New Zealand ? You cant even look out of the window while seated normally.

Last edited by Bleuprince16; Sep 27, 2022 at 7:54 pm
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: airponts
Sam Chui did a review. The seat is not fantastic but what it lacks in privacy it makes up for in comfort for sleep. The seat has a flip over that the steward will do and make up bed with cosy memory foam mattress and good width. Most of Air NZ long flights are night time and so people mostly sleep after dinner and before breakfast so it is very quiet in the cabin. NZ food is one of the best IMO. Friendly crew. They are updating the seats for 2023, they will have some suites and a much more updated seat.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: airponts
Keep trying on Google. Saturday in USA?Uk is a good time to check fares. Ticket through United, offers much more flexibility to change. I have just got 2 x AMS-VIE-ORD-LAX-AKL-NRT-VIE-AMS for 3kEuro each.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
I am curious if those people selecting to fly with Air New Zealand knows what Business Class seat looks like in Air New Zealand ? You cant even look out of the window while seated normally.
How much space is there in the walkway when the seats are flat? That just looks like you're about to play footsie with your aisle-mate
Old Sep 27, 2022, 8:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Never had an issue with that. I'm of average build. Seats flat or not flat, the space is the same in the walkway
Old Sep 28, 2022, 9:21 am

Hi - booked this RTW ticket with Lufthansa, with some legs on different airlines within the ticket (Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Swiss Airways).

Just received an email that the Thai Airways flight time has changed, such that it departs BEFORE i arrive to BKK.
Anyone know or have advice on what my options are? Obviously keen to fly given the difficulty in booking this ticket - but not sure who to contact and what could be done.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by OzUK
Hi - booked this RTW ticket with Lufthansa, with some legs on different airlines within the ticket (Singapore Airlines, Thai Airways, Swiss Airways).

Just received an email that the Thai Airways flight time has changed, such that it departs BEFORE i arrive to BKK.
Anyone know or have advice on what my options are? Obviously keen to fly given the difficulty in booking this ticket - but not sure who to contact and what could be done.

If you booked with LH directly, then you should contact them.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I agree. This looks like the old Virgin Atlantic seats that were very narrow. I am 190 and wide shoulders and had trouble sleeping there. Though I found most new seats much narrower, I would still prefer the old 2-2-2 configurations with less privacy

Originally Posted by Bleuprince16
Old Sep 29, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by OzUK

If booked through LH, call them directly. You should look up which option would suit you before you call them and they should be able to rebook you in no time.

One of my flight changed (Air NZ) and they've rebooked my FRA-HND-AKL onto FRA-SFO-AKL within 5min.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.