Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: AA PLT 2mm, UA 1K, CO Silver, Starwood PLT
Not sure if my THANKS got thru...but if not, THANKS!
If so, then THANKS AGAIN!
nickohrn and moyafmx like this.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:07 pm

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by Pota
I just booked the following itinerary for 4400 USD via a Travel Agent::
CDG - MUC (LH - Business)
MUC - FRA - DEL (LH - First Class)
DEL - SIN (SQ - Business)
SIN - SYD (SQ - First Class)
AKL - LAX (NZ - Business)
YVR - ZRH - CDG (LX - Business)

It is a combination of the ANC60FR (First Class) fare for the trip to SYD and PNC60FR (Business Class) fare from AKL to CDG. I could not get First Class booked from DEL to SIN.
I am quite new to this, do not expect you to tell me how to find such fare, but could you at least share some dates/timings so I can maybe attempt to book the same or similar for myself ? Thanks a lot!
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Pota
I just booked the following itinerary for 4400 USD via a Travel Agent::
CDG - MUC (LH - Business)
MUC - FRA - DEL (LH - First Class)
DEL - SIN (SQ - Business)
SIN - SYD (SQ - First Class)
AKL - LAX (NZ - Business)
YVR - ZRH - CDG (LX - Business)

It is a combination of the ANC60FR (First Class) fare for the trip to SYD and PNC60FR (Business Class) fare from AKL to CDG. I could not get First Class booked from DEL to SIN.
this is great. Will look into this w/o the India detour. Didn’t realize there was an A fare as well
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
this is great. Will look into this w/o the India detour. Didn’t realize there was an A fare as well
I only noticed the A fare by chance, too. I also did not have much luck with any other routes (via BKK or directly via SIN or similar), but it works out for me as I want to visit Nepal anyway.

Originally Posted by Dralexus
I am quite new to this, do not expect you to tell me how to find such fare, but could you at least share some dates/timings so I can maybe attempt to book the same or similar for myself ? Thanks a lot!
I probably spent more hours than I should have figuring out routing codes and extension codes to use on https://oldmatrix.itasoftware.com/ - If you enter the information like this https://imgur.com/rPexVcU - you should be able to click through to see the flights. For flight 3 you need to enter "F ..ANC60FR; AIRLINES SQ" as it is cut off in the screenshot. I provided all the info to a travel agent and they were able to book it for me.
z4017 and Dralexus like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA, AE
Any OTAs still work for this? I tried with cheapoair. It priced but failed to ticket.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:26 am

I have booked cdg-den/lax- akl /sin/zurich/cdg on this. However i have no star alliance status at all ( oneworld silver) What would be the best program to credit these to?
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA Silver
If your question is where do I get the most mileage then look here: https://www.wheretocredit.com/

But the normal question would be where can I get the best usage in the future with miles. The response depends on when/where and what programs you have with x number of miles.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
I have booked cdg-den/lax- akl /sin/zurich/cdg on this. However i have no star alliance status at all ( oneworld silver) What would be the best program to credit these to?
If you frequent any specific *A carrier you might want to credit to it as the trip alone won't get you *G on anywhere. I had a couple of other *A fares booked and after researching ended up with TK, A3 and SK as the options and went with TK as their status is valid for 2 years vs. 1 year for many others. Also I don't care about the redemptions that much, just the *G.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by rawilliam
Any OTAs still work for this? I tried with cheapoair. It priced but failed to ticket.
Been trying to book it for the last few weeks, no joy with any OTA I've come across - still listed as available on a few OTA's but it doesn't ticket. I'm considering calling Swiss to try and book directly - anyone had any luck recently?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:22 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
see post #20 - maybe they can help?
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by davidcoutts
Been trying to book it for the last few weeks, no joy with any OTA I've come across - still listed as available on a few OTA's but it doesn't ticket. I'm considering calling Swiss to try and book directly - anyone had any luck recently?
just booked this for 2 separate itineraries (me/wife and in-laws) this week, find on google flights and then book via Amex travel, Expedia or kayak. Still able to replicate in the $3500 range.

Last edited by m2mike2; Jul 13, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by m2mike2
just booked this for 2 separate itineraries (me/wife and in-laws) this week, find on google flights and then book via Amex travel, Expedia or kayak. Still able to replicate in the $3500 range.
Thanks for the advice, will give Expedia/Kayak another go.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:45 am

First, this is still alive and still an amazing deal, in my opinion. I booked through United, which still seems to be possible, and I'm glad I did, because NZ cancelled my SFO-AKL flight and I was able to get UA to:

1. Move me to my ideal dates (a week off from my previously booked dates)
2. Move me to UA metal on SFO-AKL
3. Move me to ideal flight times on the domestic connections

They had automatically rebooked me on the NZ flight the day before the one that was cancelled, creating a negative connection time domestically. I asked directly for specific flights via chat and was confirmed on them within 15 minutes. Pretty happy with this outcome and wanted to share in case others run into a similar situation.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Is this fare still alive? Unable to replicate
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1k650
Is this fare still alive? Unable to replicate
i was able to price it on amex travel a few days ago

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.