Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Old Jun 28, 2022, 3:41 am
  #166  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Programs: AA PLT 2mm, UA 1K, CO Silver, Starwood PLT
Posts: 22
Not sure if my THANKS got thru...but if not, THANKS!
If so, then THANKS AGAIN!
nickohrn and moyafmx like this.
kenergizer is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:07 pm
  #167  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: London
Programs: OW
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by Pota
I just booked the following itinerary for 4400 USD via a Travel Agent::
CDG - MUC (LH - Business)
MUC - FRA - DEL (LH - First Class)
DEL - SIN (SQ - Business)
SIN - SYD (SQ - First Class)
AKL - LAX (NZ - Business)
YVR - ZRH - CDG (LX - Business)

It is a combination of the ANC60FR (First Class) fare for the trip to SYD and PNC60FR (Business Class) fare from AKL to CDG. I could not get First Class booked from DEL to SIN.
I am quite new to this, do not expect you to tell me how to find such fare, but could you at least share some dates/timings so I can maybe attempt to book the same or similar for myself ? Thanks a lot!
Dralexus is offline  
Old Jun 28, 2022, 7:30 pm
  #168  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Posts: 31,552
Originally Posted by Pota
I just booked the following itinerary for 4400 USD via a Travel Agent::
CDG - MUC (LH - Business)
MUC - FRA - DEL (LH - First Class)
DEL - SIN (SQ - Business)
SIN - SYD (SQ - First Class)
AKL - LAX (NZ - Business)
YVR - ZRH - CDG (LX - Business)

It is a combination of the ANC60FR (First Class) fare for the trip to SYD and PNC60FR (Business Class) fare from AKL to CDG. I could not get First Class booked from DEL to SIN.
this is great. Will look into this w/o the India detour. Didn’t realize there was an A fare as well
cfischer is offline  
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:46 am
  #169  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by cfischer
this is great. Will look into this w/o the India detour. Didn’t realize there was an A fare as well
I only noticed the A fare by chance, too. I also did not have much luck with any other routes (via BKK or directly via SIN or similar), but it works out for me as I want to visit Nepal anyway.

Originally Posted by Dralexus
I am quite new to this, do not expect you to tell me how to find such fare, but could you at least share some dates/timings so I can maybe attempt to book the same or similar for myself ? Thanks a lot!
I probably spent more hours than I should have figuring out routing codes and extension codes to use on https://oldmatrix.itasoftware.com/ - If you enter the information like this https://imgur.com/rPexVcU - you should be able to click through to see the flights. For flight 3 you need to enter "F ..ANC60FR; AIRLINES SQ" as it is cut off in the screenshot. I provided all the info to a travel agent and they were able to book it for me.
z4017 and Dralexus like this.
Pota is offline  
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:43 pm
  #170  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: KBP/TLV
Programs: UA, AE
Posts: 375
Any OTAs still work for this? I tried with cheapoair. It priced but failed to ticket.
rawilliam is offline  
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:26 am
  #171  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 156
I have booked cdg-den/lax- akl /sin/zurich/cdg on this. However i have no star alliance status at all ( oneworld silver) What would be the best program to credit these to?
Sam Lewis is offline  
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:17 am
  #172  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: LAS, ZQN
Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA Silver
Posts: 2,141
If your question is where do I get the most mileage then look here: https://www.wheretocredit.com/

But the normal question would be where can I get the best usage in the future with miles. The response depends on when/where and what programs you have with x number of miles.
zebranz is offline  
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:31 pm
  #173  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Thailand
Programs: BA Gold (OWE), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Posts: 360
Originally Posted by Sam Lewis
I have booked cdg-den/lax- akl /sin/zurich/cdg on this. However i have no star alliance status at all ( oneworld silver) What would be the best program to credit these to?
If you frequent any specific *A carrier you might want to credit to it as the trip alone won't get you *G on anywhere. I had a couple of other *A fares booked and after researching ended up with TK, A3 and SK as the options and went with TK as their status is valid for 2 years vs. 1 year for many others. Also I don't care about the redemptions that much, just the *G.
AnttiV is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:47 pm
  #174  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by rawilliam
Any OTAs still work for this? I tried with cheapoair. It priced but failed to ticket.
Been trying to book it for the last few weeks, no joy with any OTA I've come across - still listed as available on a few OTA's but it doesn't ticket. I'm considering calling Swiss to try and book directly - anyone had any luck recently?
davidcoutts is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:22 pm
  #175  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: AC75 MM
Posts: 953
see post #20 - maybe they can help?
tomvancouver is offline  
Old Jul 13, 2022, 10:27 pm
  #176  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by davidcoutts
Been trying to book it for the last few weeks, no joy with any OTA I've come across - still listed as available on a few OTA's but it doesn't ticket. I'm considering calling Swiss to try and book directly - anyone had any luck recently?
just booked this for 2 separate itineraries (me/wife and in-laws) this week, find on google flights and then book via Amex travel, Expedia or kayak. Still able to replicate in the $3500 range.

Last edited by m2mike2; Jul 13, 2022 at 10:41 pm
m2mike2 is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2022, 5:38 am
  #177  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by m2mike2
just booked this for 2 separate itineraries (me/wife and in-laws) this week, find on google flights and then book via Amex travel, Expedia or kayak. Still able to replicate in the $3500 range.
Thanks for the advice, will give Expedia/Kayak another go.
davidcoutts is offline  
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:45 am
  #178  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 308
First, this is still alive and still an amazing deal, in my opinion. I booked through United, which still seems to be possible, and I'm glad I did, because NZ cancelled my SFO-AKL flight and I was able to get UA to:

1. Move me to my ideal dates (a week off from my previously booked dates)
2. Move me to UA metal on SFO-AKL
3. Move me to ideal flight times on the domestic connections

They had automatically rebooked me on the NZ flight the day before the one that was cancelled, creating a negative connection time domestically. I asked directly for specific flights via chat and was confirmed on them within 15 minutes. Pretty happy with this outcome and wanted to share in case others run into a similar situation.
nickohrn is offline  
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:19 pm
  #179  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
Posts: 1,791
Is this fare still alive? Unable to replicate
1k650 is offline  
Old Sep 6, 2022, 1:21 pm
  #180  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: ANC, NYC
Posts: 327
Originally Posted by 1k650
Is this fare still alive? Unable to replicate
i was able to price it on amex travel a few days ago
desafino is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.