Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by RatherGhastly
Must you have the stop-overs in Vancouver and Tokyo? If you're just after New Zealand, you can get FCO-YVR-AKL-FCO that comes in at €2,908, or, with a stop-over in YVR, just over your limit at €3,019.
Thanks; that's helpful.
I guess it is more "would like" than 'must'. It's a holiday so we want to go to certain places (Mrs ST has ruled out mainland US), would like to make it a RTW (bucket list thing) and also, if possible, avoid two overnighters in a row. But definitely not fixed on specific airports or even countries (eg SIN for a few days would be fine but that puts the first option you found up to €4k).
My challenge remains in finding a way to see the right dates to narrow down the options. I know I'm looking for a needle in a haystack and I'm rather hoping that later in the month I can have a day or two to really hammer Matrix and get more methodical about it.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Guys, is there any way to fly on any other metal than NZ? I just read reviews of their biz and it is awful. I am in need of going to AKL in March and this fare would be helpful but 2 long hauls with ANZ does not like promising. Other option is VN to SYD and just Tasman hop (and I am ST loyal so..)
I would do Vn. What fare are you getting?
Old Dec 18, 2022, 11:08 pm

Programs: airponts
Air NZ is very nice in J!!! OK no Qsuite and on 787 a bit cosy but the service and the mattress more than make up for it.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
I'm due to fly this ticket in a month's time. The first leg has been changed from CDG-SFO (United) direct to CDG-MUC-SFO (Lufthansa) with me now arriving in SFO in the evening rather than lunchtime. Its ticketed by ANA, do you think they would allow me to fly out of Heathrow direct to SFO rather than have to take the circuitous route that they have offered? It was originally booked via GoToGate (I know, I know ) who you cannot contact and are not offering any alternatives so I was going to go to the airline direct. Not sure if people have encountered similar schedule changes as lots on here booked tickets many months ago? TIA
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:19 am

Change

Originally Posted by Currybelly
I'm due to fly this ticket in a month's time. The first leg has been changed from CDG-SFO (United) direct to CDG-MUC-SFO (Lufthansa) with me now arriving in SFO in the evening rather than lunchtime. Its ticketed by ANA, do you think they would allow me to fly out of Heathrow direct to SFO rather than have to take the circuitous route that they have offered? It was originally booked via GoToGate (I know, I know ) who you cannot contact and are not offering any alternatives so I was going to go to the airline direct. Not sure if people have encountered similar schedule changes as lots on here booked tickets many months ago? TIA
Usually they dont allow origin/final destination changes, just routing.
But routing changes should be possible, especially when the arrival time changed so much.
Anyway most airlines would ask you to change with the OTA you booked with, not sure about ANA. Which is why it is clever not to book complicated itineraries with ridiculous providers such as Mytrip, Gotogate etc.
Currybelly likes this.

Last edited by Xkopj; Dec 19, 2022 at 6:23 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 25, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA
Successfully traveled my CDG-YVR-AKL-BKK-CDG itinerary. Forgot to book a follow up. Starting point still works in europe? Looking to do europe-YVR-AKL and then AKL/SYD-SIN/BKK-europe. Is there a number of days I need to purchase in advance? Looking to go to YVR on Dec 30 if possible.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:27 pm

I'm still seeing this available from MXP (and maybe VCE) and still bookable through UA. We've traveled three of the legs of our original booking (Europe to USA, and the roundtrip to New Zealand) and will travel the final leg next year. If this is still available in mid-January, we'll be booking another one so we can return to New Zealand next December - it is just the most beautiful place we've ever been in the world.
notsosmart, nnn, djsteve and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: UA
Is there a minimum day advance purchase in the rules?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by nickohrn
I'm still seeing this available from MXP (and maybe VCE) and still bookable through UA. We've traveled three of the legs of our original booking (Europe to USA, and the roundtrip to New Zealand) and will travel the final leg next year. If this is still available in mid-January, we'll be booking another one so we can return to New Zealand next December - it is just the most beautiful place we've ever been in the world.
How do you manage to get this booked through UA?
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by stiffwl
How do you manage to get this booked through UA?
I found availability in the correct fare classes on ITA and then plugged those dates into Google Flights. From there, I clicked through to the UA website and booked.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Currybelly
From my experience with United on Xmas eve you might have struck lucky getting lufthansa instead. Dire service on plane
Cdg-sfo
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:01 pm

can y0ou share the full itinerary on here or ITA /google link?having issues creating itinerary. nufnuf77 have reached out to you as well.

- does it have to be a RTW trip, or can it include a second stopover in USA? Looking to make 2 EU trips (at start and stop) by nesting inside an AA r/t to europe from USA. That wuold mean a return trip to VAI usa to EU like this: t cdg/mxp/nce-USA-AKL-SIN-USA-CDG/MXP/NCE

Thanks!

Last edited by bdsklar; Dec 29, 2022 at 9:59 am
Old Dec 31, 2022, 2:46 pm

Option with Stopovers in Seattle

I managed to route via Seattle with stopovers in Seattle in both directions for ~$3700. It's not super exotic. The same routing via YVR is bringing the price down further by $500.

GF Link bookable via UA - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...wNdZJMM1JHaDm6

Example
SavvyTravel likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 10:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I'm at the final legs of this glorious fare (CDG-FRA-SEA-SFO-AKL/SYD-SIN/BKK-PAR) here in Singapore now and need to change the BKK-PAR to a day or two earlier. Confirmed P availability on the same carrier (LX) on the day prior, matching my current fare code. United (ticketing carrier) sees the same P availability that day, but says the international desk says it will be $493 to change. Would this be because that original fare rule expired, or am I missing something? The agent had no idea why. As it happens, I'd really wanted to switch to a TG flight instead (which was covered by this fare rule), but the P code doesn't exist as a business fare on TG (Z is the most discounted fare), and the agent insisted it could only work if there was P availability on TG.
mymoga likes this.

Last edited by BoarderX; Dec 31, 2022 at 10:41 pm
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:10 pm

Just a quick data point regarding the funky ANZ business class. I’m on NZ29 now, yes the layout is a bit odd, but still a very comfortable seat & cabin and crew/service is fantastic! I certainly wouldn’t be scrambling to find a different routing/carrier for this awesome fare!
notsosmart, BoogieMan and kindagot like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.