Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Life2.0
Just a quick data point regarding the funky ANZ business class. I’m on NZ29 now, yes the layout is a bit odd, but still a very comfortable seat & cabin and crew/service is fantastic! I certainly wouldn’t be scrambling to find a different routing/carrier for this awesome fare!
It's not the crew that scares me -it's the other passengers
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by Life2.0
Just a quick data point regarding the funky ANZ business class. I’m on NZ29 now, yes the layout is a bit odd, but still a very comfortable seat & cabin and crew/service is fantastic! I certainly wouldn’t be scrambling to find a different routing/carrier for this awesome fare!
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
It's not the crew that scares me -it's the other passengers
Felt the same on NZ5 I flew in November. Very comfortable flight, great crew/service/food and pleasant neighbouring passengers. We didn’t feel forced to interact with them. I saw the comment about the odd layout and thought now I have to check this out partly because I always wanted to fly ANZ (seems difficult to find award seats on their metal) and I was not disappointed.
notsosmart likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2023, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA
Using ITA matrix, I found dates and flights. But plugging them into GF, I haven’t gotten any OTA to show an itinerary
Old Jan 4, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Have you tried using the ITA Matrix Script?
Old Jan 7, 2023, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC, M&M, VA Flying Club
Just an observation, anyone who is booking this trip to tick off the RTW goal (I was in part) and using Tokyo as the Asian stop off point on the way back might be disappointed.

Currently nearly all flights heading from Tokyo to Europe are using the eastern route over Greenland, so you are essentially coming back on yourself and not truly travelling around the world.

Sadly I had to cancel my trip this morning due to an over-running building project, I was due to fly out on the 16th Jan .

Hoping to book this for the same time next year if the deal holds.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by BoarderX
I'm at the final legs of this glorious fare (CDG-FRA-SEA-SFO-AKL/SYD-SIN/BKK-PAR) here in Singapore now and need to change the BKK-PAR to a day or two earlier. Confirmed P availability on the same carrier (LX) on the day prior, matching my current fare code. United (ticketing carrier) sees the same P availability that day, but says the international desk says it will be $493 to change. Would this be because that original fare rule expired, or am I missing something? The agent had no idea why. As it happens, I'd really wanted to switch to a TG flight instead (which was covered by this fare rule), but the P code doesn't exist as a business fare on TG (Z is the most discounted fare), and the agent insisted it could only work if there was P availability on TG.
Did u manage to get this sorted?
Old Jan 12, 2023, 6:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sam lewis71
Did u manage to get this sorted?
I did. Using chat rather than the 1K line was more straightforward, and they processed an even-exchange for the same flight one day earlier. Took nearly an hour on their end, but that's a lot less problematic on chat than on hold. Still couldn't change to the Thai Airways flight at all due to the P issue. The system would have booked a Thai segment in Z at the outset (I had an alternative booking that included TG), but I couldn't get anyone to change a Swiss P to a Thai Z even though they're equivalent bottom-of-the-barrel biz codes. Nevertheless, a viable change did end up processing with no fee or fare adjustment.
LINDEGR likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: United MP
I did. Using chat rather than the 1K line was more straightforward, and they processed an even-exchange for the same flight one day earlier. Took nearly an hour on their end, but that's a lot less problematic on chat than on hold. Still couldn't change to the Thai Airways flight at all due to the P issue. The system would have booked a Thai segment in Z at the outset (I had an alternative booking that included TG), but I couldn't get anyone to change a Swiss P to a Thai Z even though they're equivalent bottom-of-the-barrel biz codes. Nevertheless, a viable change did end up processing with no fee or fare adjustment.
I'm trying a similar change and been getting some insane prices to change my flight (was quoted $5k+ a person), is the trick to find P fare class availability more than anything to get them to change? They kept trying to price with Thai, Emirates (?), etc. over the phone but I wouldn't mind keeping the Lufthansa flight. I am also unable to make any changes online as the tool errors out.

Also, are you using expert flyer to find fare buckets? Any insight would be appreciated!!
Old Jan 12, 2023, 4:10 pm

Ah I will have to look for this chat. I had a swiss Z flight. I can see the alternative flight on Swiss site still on Z but they offered me in D class wanting £390. The United site only letting me choose any flights in March or April and I want end of Feb
actually just seen a Thai flight also in Z I'd be happy to take.

Last edited by sam lewis71; Jan 12, 2023 at 4:37 pm Reason: Adding info
Old Jan 13, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Did finish my run in december last year without any issue. Actually really liked the configurations of the Business NZ because your feets are not constraints into a small space (compared with the 60 cm wide box of the LH business) + you actually get a real camping mattress. Also appreciated the NZ meals.

I actually booked a new one for August from Italy. Price 4600€ got booked into D and J using United. For this itinerary it was key to get the IAH-AKL-ICN only on NZ direct flight. Alternative using Asiana did not priced out.
LX:MXP-ZRH-SJO
UA:SJO-IAH
NZ:J:IAH-AKL-ICN
LH:ICN-FRA-MUC-MXP
mymoga likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2023, 4:18 am

I have just booked

AMS-FRA-YYZ LH+LH(AC metal) March
YYZ-LAX-SYD AC+QF June
SYD-LAX QF Sept
LAX-FRA-AMS LH+LH Dec

Fare US$2,625.00
Taxes/surcharges US$645.99
Booking Fee US$84.05
Total US$3,355.04

Some observations:
1) Booking was a PITA
2) Stopping in YYZ on the outbound priced out at least $400 cheaper than anywhere in the USA
3) All booked into P except AC Z and QF I
4) Pricing on ITAMatrix was $2000 higher than the price paid and this was entirely extra YQ
5) Clicking through from Matrix to book through Priceline was a little cheaper than the price paid and gave better connections but multiple attempts to ticket failed on the final step.
6) All the other booking links on Matrix failed miserably to find the fare I paid only offering the $5300 level that Matrix quoted except
7) Clicking on the GotoGate link gave the price of $3355 with $300 in YQ versus $2200 on ITA and booked and ticketed on AC ticket stock without a hitch

I hope that I can come back at the trip's completion in December and say that booking through GoToGate was well worth it for the $2000 savings.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:33 pm

Ah I will have to look for this chat. I had a swiss Z flight. I can see the alternative flight on Swiss site still on Z but they offered me in D class wanting £390. The United site only letting me choose any flights in March or April and I want end of Feb
Well had no joy. I was on a swiss Z fare. Tried to change to another swiss Z ( same flight a week later) but no go. Then tried Thai flight also in Z and told flight would cost over £1200 more. Dont want to pay that Hoping for an airline cancellation or time change so I can change for free
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:34 pm

Well had no joy. I was on a swiss Z fare. Tried to change to another swiss Z ( same flight a week later) but no go. Then tried Thai flight also in Z and told flight would cost over £1200 more. Dont want to pay that Hoping for an airline cancellation or time change so I can change for free
Old Jan 15, 2023, 2:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K/MillionMiler; Delta Diamond; AA Plat; Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
I thought the original fare rules required P for a segment on Swiss. Many of the codes on my itinerary changed (from ANZ Z to UA J, for example) after booking as United issued updates. Is there P availability on the date that you want? That 390 upcharge you mentioned is basically what I was facing, too, until the chat agent (and likely the international desk) checked for a P seat. That's when the answer changed to "well, we're going to let this go as an even exchange".
Old Jan 15, 2023, 5:39 pm

I thought the original fare rules required P for a segment on Swiss. Many of the codes on my itinerary changed (from ANZ Z to UA J, for example) after booking as United issued updates. Is there P availability on the date that you want? That 390 upcharge you mentioned is basically what I was facing, too, until the chat agent (and likely the international desk) checked for a P seat. That's when the answer changed to "well, we're going to let this go as an even exchange".

Thought Z on Swiss was higher than P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.