FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance: CDG-North America-Auckland-Asia-CDG 2735€ biz
Old Jan 12, 2023, 11:02 am
DoomPatrol

Programs: United MP
Originally Posted by BoarderX
I did. Using chat rather than the 1K line was more straightforward, and they processed an even-exchange for the same flight one day earlier. Took nearly an hour on their end, but that's a lot less problematic on chat than on hold. Still couldn't change to the Thai Airways flight at all due to the P issue. The system would have booked a Thai segment in Z at the outset (I had an alternative booking that included TG), but I couldn't get anyone to change a Swiss P to a Thai Z even though they're equivalent bottom-of-the-barrel biz codes. Nevertheless, a viable change did end up processing with no fee or fare adjustment.
I'm trying a similar change and been getting some insane prices to change my flight (was quoted $5k+ a person), is the trick to find P fare class availability more than anything to get them to change? They kept trying to price with Thai, Emirates (?), etc. over the phone but I wouldn't mind keeping the Lufthansa flight. I am also unable to make any changes online as the tool errors out.

Also, are you using expert flyer to find fare buckets? Any insight would be appreciated!!