Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
How quickly does JetSmarter 'return' the token back into the account after one completes their respective flight?
It goes back into your account at the scheduled time of departure (regardless of the actual time of departure).
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by ensnare
Very quick; almost immediately after take off.
Good to know, thank you! ^
Old Jun 21, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
My experience with that...

In my experience, the token is returned at the point that the pilot enters your ID into his/her version of the app. I typically book my next flight when we are taxiing to take off. In order to see the token returned one must close and reopen the app.

Steve

Originally Posted by Sykes
It goes back into your account at the scheduled time of departure (regardless of the actual time of departure).
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by backdoc
In my experience, the token is returned at the point that the pilot enters your ID into his/her version of the app. I typically book my next flight when we are taxiing to take off. In order to see the token returned one must close and reopen the app.

Steve
Thanks backdoc - good to know what to typically expect. I appreciate the feedback! ^
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:46 pm

Anyone flying the Chicago to South Florida route anytime soon?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:30 am
Suspended

Do smart members get more free seats on each JetDeals than simple members? Considering an upgrade after a great first flight.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by knicksplayer
Do smart members get more free seats on each JetDeals than simple members? Considering an upgrade after a great first flight.
in the vast majority of instances, just one more seat. Generally 3 seats on midsize and supermid, 2 seats (LOL) on heavy jets, and 4 on the VLJ (mostly just seen in Europe).
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by knicksplayer
Depends on the jet, but typically 3 seats with smart. I think 2 on a heavy jet, G-IV etc..
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jb831
Received e-mail confirmation today that I qualified for the three-month trial (I provided proof of my AA ExPlat status). You do have to speak with a sales rep before they actually "activate" your membership though, and if you try to book an appointment in their calendar, there are no free slots for two weeks. (So I'm guessing this was a successful membership boost for them!). The earliest available appointment when I checked about 90 minutes ago was Monday, June 19, and now it's Wednesday, June 21. Looks like a lot of people received their "approval" e-mails today!
Never had an appointment or spoke with anyone, but my Simple Membership was activated on June 20th. Didn't know until I received this email an hour ago...

Welcome to JetSmarter. I am reaching out to confirm that your app is unlocked, and you now have limited access to our routes under three hours and all last-minute JetDeals.

Should you upgrade to our less restrictive SMART Membership by Friday, June 30, I am able to offer you $1,250 off plus roll your remaining days from your SIMPLE plan into your new membership.

SMART Membership gives you more access to flights around the globe and opportunities to network with like-minded members.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS WHEN YOU UPGRADE:
Free seats on all shuttle routes less than three hours
Access to luxury accommodations around the globe
24/7 concierge for reservations and requests
Invitations to VIP members-only events

Fell free to give me a call at my 954 number below so we can further discuss.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Never had an appointment or spoke with anyone, but my Simple Membership was activated on June 20th. Didn't know until I received this email an hour ago...
I'm surprised they let you redeem that promotion considering you've already had a membership. They denied a friend of mine who just rolled off of SMART a couple of months ago.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:32 am

Interesting..

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/22/1...-overtime-sued
Old Jun 23, 2017, 5:51 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
It seems to be that there are plenty of signs that the company has had cash flow challenges and its working capital needs have exceeded its means more than once. While this kind of stuff isn't all that unusual with start-ups, it also doesn't explain away everything that makes for disgruntled customers, employees, and suppliers.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 6:46 am

Flew a Gulfstream IV yesterday and it was quite enjoyable. Great experience...wasn't empty but still beats commercial for relatively short flights.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I think this free trial program is going to result in a lot of new members, however they will be disproportionately higher frequency users. I've taken a couple of flights over the past two weeks - one jetdeal and one shuttle, both have been great. I am strongly leaning towards paying for a simple membership, and possibly the smart membership at the end of my trial.

Clearly not a sustainable model as-is, and I suspect they'll eventually cut back on the planned shuttles with the hope that member initiated shuttles will increase (and I think they will). However in the meantime...why not?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 1:52 pm

The question is whether the increase in new members will be offset by discontinued or downgraded memberships. I am very unhappy about this giveaway; the increased difficulty in booking shuttles between LA and SFO in particular, as well as near-immediate filling of desirable empty legs was predictable, and has significantly decreased my perception of the service's value. I can't imagine renewing again at the smart tier at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.