Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:14 pm
  #1396  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
I may be dense, but on the app I see NYC-Chi shuttle, but can't find Chi-NYC . On android. Same goes really for anything arriving in NYC, just see Ex-NY etc.

Edit: Nevermind, the circle in the center.

Last edited by PRoth59; Jun 12, 2017 at 12:24 pm Reason: Correction
PRoth59 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:31 pm
  #1397  
C W
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: LON, PDX
Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Posts: 2,064
Any more information on no more European jet deals? Reasons?
C W is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:21 pm
  #1398  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: ~NYC
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 15
Sent AA EXP verification on June 3, received auto reply: "Thank you for your submission. Our team will review your eligibility for this offer in 2 to 3 business days." Downloaded the app on June 7, registered but didn't input payment information.

Today, received a push notification welcoming me to my 3-month membership. No payment information entered; will wait for a logistically appropriate (and free) flight to show up to make a booking. Woo!!
dogdogcatcat is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 1:40 pm
  #1399  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TYO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,745
Originally Posted by dogdogcatcat
Sent AA EXP verification on June 3, received auto reply: "Thank you for your submission. Our team will review your eligibility for this offer in 2 to 3 business days." Downloaded the app on June 7, registered but didn't input payment information.

Today, received a push notification welcoming me to my 3-month membership. No payment information entered; will wait for a logistically appropriate (and free) flight to show up to make a booking. Woo!!
Are you sure it's not a 3 month pay as you go membership? Anecdotally, they won't give you a simple membership without a credit card.
invalyd is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:00 pm
  #1400  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Oakland CA
Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Posts: 1,009
Originally Posted by C W
Any more information on no more European jet deals? Reasons?
Stuttgart -> Buochs is up now, so they're not completely gone.
dordal is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:01 pm
  #1401  
C W
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: LON, PDX
Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Posts: 2,064
Originally Posted by dordal
Stuttgart -> Buochs is up now, so they're not completely gone.
Thanks. Weird that there is now such a paucity. Can't be just because of new trial members. Did they get mostly pulled?
C W is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 3:55 pm
  #1402  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
The shuttle tokens thing is irrelevant right? Like, if I take an NY-Chi shuttle, I will still take a Chi-NY one free with availability, right?
PRoth59 is offline  
Old Jun 12, 2017, 4:00 pm
  #1403  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 796
Originally Posted by PRoth59
The shuttle tokens thing is irrelevant right? Like, if I take an NY-Chi shuttle, I will still take a Chi-NY one free with availability, right?
Looks like once the token is used you can't book another free seat until it is reinstated after you fly.

However, the deals seem to be bookable regardless of the token being tied up or not.
tylerc is offline  
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:17 pm
  #1404  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 651
Originally Posted by cakiwi
charter flights rarely guarantee an aircraft type, rather an aircraft group. light, midsize, super midsize, and large is the terms normally associated. you get something from within the group.
All the charters I've ever purchased always specify exact aircraft type, and usually give a "tentative tail number" (pending owner approval). As just one example, seat #'s vary within the groups you cite. So if I get to the airport for a family trip and there are not enough seats for my family, but the aircraft is still a "super midsize" then what? No. For charters, my experience is they always tell you the exact type. And provide a photo of the aircraft.
dval44 is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:08 am
  #1405  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Geneva, CH
Programs: A3*S, IHG Plat, Accor Plat, BWR Diamond
Posts: 18
now London-Geneva-London
Monday and Thursdays...
It is non -sense when before it was friday and sunday which was obviously more convenient
Waiting for SurfAir to come definitely !
larchens is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:20 am
  #1406  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Posts: 102,094
Originally Posted by larchens
now London-Geneva-London
Monday and Thursdays...
It is non -sense when before it was friday and sunday which was obviously more convenient
Waiting for SurfAir to come definitely !
Summer vacation period in Europe is just about to start -- if not having started already -- and so Monday and Thursday now at this time of the year may be the equivalent of the Friday and Sunday of the school year. That said, I don't put it beyond this company playing games with its customers -- especially with the flood of "free" customers from the recent sign-up scheme for million milers and FFP top-tiers (and more).
GUWonder is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 7:49 am
  #1407  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by cakiwi
charter flights rarely guarantee an aircraft type, rather an aircraft group. light, midsize, super midsize, and large is the terms normally associated. you get something from within the group.
Every charter flight I have booked has type, and almost always tail number. Even floating fleets (JetSuite, TMC, XOjet) provide type.
FlyHighMike is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:42 am
  #1408  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 90
Originally Posted by Sykes
fwiw, TMC is pretty well-respected in the industry, and isn't new on JetSmarter. If I recall correctly, they were actually the very first provider that JetSmarter worked with.

It'll be interesting to learn what happened. The Hawker 400XP has a history of dual engine flame-outs at altitude due to internal engine icing.
That's reassuring lol. I'm flying from BOS to TEB on a TMC Hawker 400XP tonight, blahh.
mwood20 is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:20 pm
  #1409  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Posts: 3,649
I flew a single JS flight a couple years ago under a giveaway, so have always kept my eye on them hoping they would expand more into the midwest. Given some changes in my work I can now easily justify going to Chicago to use shuttles from there. Saw this promo and thought it would be a great way to test out a Smart membership before pulling the trigger.

Sent 1 email to the sign up address, waited a day no reply, send a 2nd, no reply. Waited a few more days and saw the rumors the promo was closed. Sent a 3rd email and got the instant 'promo now closed' reply. Reached out to the concierge who told me it was closed, didnt comment on why any of my emails were ignored, and further went on to say that because i had some 'pay as you go trial' on my account before (I have no idea what that is...) i would have been disqualified from this anyway.

Well....thats how you lose a potential member JetSmarter!
xolinlevh is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2017, 6:43 pm
  #1410  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 90
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
and further went on to say that because i had some 'pay as you go trial' on my account before (I have no idea what that is...) i would have been disqualified from this anyway.

Well....thats how you lose a potential member JetSmarter!
I think that's where you have the 3 month trial and you pay a discounted rate for the empty legs.
mwood20 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.