Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Old Jun 18, 2017, 11:48 am
  #1426  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 56
An "aviation specialist" just told me that they're not gonna sells any JetDeals in Europe anymore for an undefined amount of time. I took my membership mostly for the amazing jet deals to invite my friends & family and now it's gone. I'm gonna call AMEX to ask for a full refund. It's definitely not fair.
freq.flyer is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2017, 2:46 pm
  #1427  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wanting First. Buying First.
Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Posts: 18,046
Originally Posted by millions
They really are a bunch of stand-up guys. "We realize we promised you free Heli-Transfers, but we learned that to provide them and not subject ourselves to undue liability, we'd have to pay more money. So here's an idea, what if YOU pay for them instead?!"
While most of what comes out of JetSmarter is usually marketing spin at best, slimy deliberate misrepresentation at worst, can anyone who has flown JetSmarter helicopter transfers in the past confirm the equipment type used?

If, in fact, JetSmarter was using single-engine helicopters flown by a single pilot, I would not want to fly on one even for free.

I've worked with a lot of corporate flight departments in the Northeast. Many have helicopters in addition to their fixed-wing fleet. Offhand, I cannot think of a single one who would allow their executives to fly on anything other than a twin-engine helicopter flown by two pilots. JetSmarter is correct that the S-76 is the standard for executive transport helicopters in Greater NYC.

Sometimes free services are worth what you pay for them!


Originally Posted by Westin.
Really? How do they decide what posts and what doesn't?
Without being privy to the operator's contract with JetSmarter, the aircraft owner's contract with the operator, and the operator's overall business plan and scheduling and dispatch strategies, we will never know.

I've posited that it is entirely plausible that certain aircraft owners have directed their management company to not use their airplane for any JetSmarter flights.

Some aircraft owners are highly selective in the charter trips they approve. They do not want the unwashed masses dirtying their beloved airplanes. Other owners are desperate for cash and will accept just about any charter revenue opportunity.

Last edited by Herb687; Jun 18, 2017 at 2:53 pm Reason: multi-quote
Herb687 is online now  
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:50 pm
  #1428  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by Herb687
While most of what comes out of JetSmarter is usually marketing spin at best, slimy deliberate misrepresentation at worst, can anyone who has flown JetSmarter helicopter transfers in the past confirm the equipment type used?

If, in fact, JetSmarter was using single-engine helicopters flown by a single pilot, I would not want to fly on one even for free.

I've worked with a lot of corporate flight departments in the Northeast. Many have helicopters in addition to their fixed-wing fleet. Offhand, I cannot think of a single one who would allow their executives to fly on anything other than a twin-engine helicopter flown by two pilots. JetSmarter is correct that the S-76 is the standard for executive transport helicopters in Greater NYC.

Sometimes free services are worth what you pay for them!
Yes, they were Bell 407 and 407GX and ECAS350 (and EC130 in Chicago when they were running). And that wasn't a secret, nor did anyone force one to take them. Putting aside whether there is any statistically significant safety difference between single and multi-engine helicopters, whether you would take a single engine is really beside the point. The aircraft being used was disclosed, was advertised as free, and was optional. If JS wants to take that away because of safety concerns, IMO they should eat the cost of the "safer" aircraft for the membership term.

Last edited by millions; Jun 20, 2017 at 3:57 pm
millions is offline  
Old Jun 18, 2017, 7:27 pm
  #1429  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Thank you !
nothing is confirmed until you are literally in the air. Look at the post on boarding area. Some blogger drove all the way to Atlantic City only to be mechanical and awol.
YoungSoloTraveler is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 12:32 am
  #1430  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TYO
Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,745
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
nothing is confirmed until you are literally in the air. Look at the post on boarding area. Some blogger drove all the way to Atlantic City only to be mechanical and awol.
A customer riding on the same JetDeal as me this weekend informed us that he once experienced a cancellation after arriving at the FBO and JetSmarter proactively purchased him an F ticket on Alaska to his destination. I'm not certain on what his membership tier was, however. It's possible they don't re-accommodate free trial members, which frankly I wouldn't blame them for.

I flew my first JetDeal this weekend from SF to Santa Barbara and it was an excellent experience from start to finish.
invalyd is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:55 am
  #1431  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 522
Bunch of European jet deals just popped up
Westin is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:57 am
  #1432  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by invalyd
A customer riding on the same JetDeal as me this weekend informed us that he once experienced a cancellation after arriving at the FBO and JetSmarter proactively purchased him an F ticket on Alaska to his destination. I'm not certain on what his membership tier was, however. It's possible they don't re-accommodate free trial members, which frankly I wouldn't blame them for.

I flew my first JetDeal this weekend from SF to Santa Barbara and it was an excellent experience from start to finish.
They accommodate trial members, experienced it myself and was pretty impressed. Was flying an XOjet jet deal and xojet rescheduled the flight after I had been confirmed, they were unable to source another jet so they booked my sister and I first class delta home. Quick and painless so kudos to them.

Last edited by Westin; Jun 19, 2017 at 8:51 am
Westin is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:51 am
  #1433  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Denver/NY/Miami
Programs: Amex Centurion, JetSmarter
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by Westin.
Bunch of European jet deals just popped up
Yes looks like the Mustang JetDeals in Europe are back. Great news.
SportsGlory is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 11:00 am
  #1434  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Posts: 541
From what I've been gleaming the JetDeals are quite prone to cancellation, but JetShuttle runs no matter what, aka no cancellations and reliable? Is the plane type confirmed when you book or can they swap you out to a smaller model (JetShuttle)?
YoungSoloTraveler is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:09 pm
  #1435  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,916
Originally Posted by RhemiPilot

My buddy also mentioned that the CEO of another broker Stratajet has gone and that their US office has closed???!
Stratajet confirmed it closed its U.S. office and is doing a restructure

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ness-as-usual/
elitetraveler is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:36 pm
  #1436  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Chicago
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
From what I've been gleaming the JetDeals are quite prone to cancellation, but JetShuttle runs no matter what, aka no cancellations and reliable? Is the plane type confirmed when you book or can they swap you out to a smaller model (JetShuttle)?
I've had success with my JetDeals at 8 for 8.

JetShuttles have always run. Only times I've seen them adjust is due to weather (ie hurricane) and they'll adjust a day at most. The equipment usually remains the same and have only been on an upgraded plane never downgraded (went from a G4 to 5)
Townshend is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2017, 11:29 am
  #1437  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
Just booked my first shuttle. Since I only have one token, the return is showing the full flight. Anyone have issues with it selling out in the interim? (It still lists three seats.) I can always take a bus back, since it's a short flight.)
PRoth59 is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2017, 12:00 pm
  #1438  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by PRoth59
Just booked my first shuttle. Since I only have one token, the return is showing the full flight. Anyone have issues with it selling out in the interim? (It still lists three seats.) I can always take a bus back, since it's a short flight.)
Yes, of course it might sell out. Especially because there are so many more free members.
millions is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:19 pm
  #1439  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North America
Posts: 2,267
How quickly does JetSmarter 'return' the token back into the account after one completes their respective flight?
CodeAdam10 is offline  
Old Jun 20, 2017, 4:26 pm
  #1440  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 28
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
How quickly does JetSmarter 'return' the token back into the account after one completes their respective flight?
Very quick; almost immediately after take off.
ensnare is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.