Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, CO Gold, US Silver, Natl Exec, Hertz #1, Avis Preferred, Elite w/ All US Hotel Programs
For those activating the million mile trial offer, do these auto renew to paid memberships at the end of the term?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 10:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TVCMH
For those activating the million mile trial offer, do these auto renew to paid memberships at the end of the term?
Was told no.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Received e-mail confirmation today that I qualified for the three-month trial (I provided proof of my AA ExPlat status). You do have to speak with a sales rep before they actually "activate" your membership though, and if you try to book an appointment in their calendar, there are no free slots for two weeks. (So I'm guessing this was a successful membership boost for them!). The earliest available appointment when I checked about 90 minutes ago was Monday, June 19, and now it's Wednesday, June 21. Looks like a lot of people received their "approval" e-mails today!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:18 am

I'm so excited for you guys!! Who needs short shuttle availability or any decent empty legs in the summertime, anyway?

Last edited by millions; Jun 8, 2017 at 11:53 am
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:44 am

Helicopter transfers in NYC are "temporarily suspended" while they are negotiating a contract with the operator. Nice of them to let the members know
Looks like I'll just use Blade.

Last edited by mwood20; Jun 8, 2017 at 11:50 am
Old Jun 8, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Originally Posted by knicksplayer
Looks like as a simple member I can book a seat on a flight from New York to Miami when I toggle to "create your own" and pick the actual time the flight leaves. Some days I can do that for as low as $1,990 and pick the time the flight leaves and as well as the airports. Pretty cool stuff considering a charter would cost a ton more.
Anyone with membership can tell us how much it costs to book a seat on the regular shuttle service from SF to either NYC or MIA?
Old Jun 8, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by eethan
Anyone with membership can tell us how much it costs to book a seat on the regular shuttle service from SF to either NYC or MIA?
NYC is 5500 and Mia same but need to charter to Mia as no regular shuttle there. So it's 20k to get 4 seats.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by mwood20
Helicopter transfers in NYC are "temporarily suspended" while they are negotiating a contract with the operator. Nice of them to let the members know
Looks like I'll just use Blade.
Sounds like money problems for the company.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Sounds like money problems for the company.
hardly able to draw that conclusion. The jets are still flying, and they're far more expensive and frequent than a $2k cost of each helicopter. They're a startup, so it's implied they're challenged by numbers being in the red. That a heli operator is not presently available is no different to the deals providers changing, and shuttle providers changing too. they don't own the aircraft, they outsource them. not saying they aren't struggling financially, but while jets are flying around under the Jetsmarter banner, they're still flying high, quite literally! :-)
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:28 am

Fake shuttles seats ?

Few days ago I flew with a Jetsmarter shuttle, a CJ2 was advertised, with 5/6 seats taken, at the end I got a confirmation that my plane was a citation mustang.. So a 4 seater plane and we were only 3 onboard.

We all agreed that they're probably showing some fake reserved seat so they can put a smaller airplane (citation mustang instead of a CJ2 = cheaper for them and less confortable for us). It's crazy and definitely not fair.

According to their terms "JetSmarter may fulfill your booking on another aircraft model that is equivalent or greater in class". Which is obviously not the case and quite the opposite.

Am I the only one to experience this ?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 6:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cakiwi
hardly able to draw that conclusion.
The negotiations with the contracted operator having suspended its helicopter service pending payments and the issues involved at this point in JetSmarter dealing with alternative counterparties for the same kind of service speak to how money matters.

What's the sales value of a list of those with large airline and bank program miles/points balances? Is that what they are going to shop around when their financing and cash use options end up at their end?

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Few days ago I flew with a Jetsmarter shuttle, a CJ2 was advertised, with 5/6 seats taken, at the end I got a confirmation that my plane was a citation mustang.. So a 4 seater plane and we were only 3 onboard.

We all agreed that they're probably showing some fake reserved seat so they can put a smaller airplane (citation mustang instead of a CJ2 = cheaper for them and less confortable for us). It's crazy and definitely not fair.

According to their terms "JetSmarter may fulfill your booking on another aircraft model that is equivalent or greater in class". Which is obviously not the case and quite the opposite.

I am very curious to know how many others have had your kind of experience.

Have you tried to get a refund/discount/credit for this kind of service substitution? If so, what did they say in response to such a request?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The negotiations with the contracted operator having suspended its helicopter service pending payments and the issues involved at this point in JetSmarter dealing with alternative counterparties for the same kind of service speak to how money matters.

What's the sales value of a list of those with large airline and bank program miles/points balances? Is that what they are going to shop around when their financing and cash use options end up at their end?

I am very curious to know how many others have had your kind of experience.

Have you tried to get a refund/discount/credit for this kind of service substitution? If so, what did they say in response to such a request?
Talked to a friend and he got the same experience once, I haven't asked for any compensation and even if I did, I won't share it here. According to their general agreement, if you complain about JS publicly, they can cancel your membership without any refund. I don't wan't to take the risk.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:39 am

Every shuttle I have taken has always been on what was listed in the app.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:41 am
Suspended

Talked to a friend and he got the same experience once, I haven't asked for any compensation and even if I did, I won't share it here. According to their general agreement, if you complain about JS publicly, they can cancel your membership without any refund. I don't wan't to take the risk.
When a company claims the right to cancel a paid-for service without a refund for nothing more than publicly complaining about a service and acts upon it, that indicates to me that this may be a bankrupt company, ethically or financially, that is rotten from the top.

If I noticed a pattern of such behavior from the company, I'd be very concerned about doing business with the company, whether as its customer or as its supplier. They say a fool and his/her money are soon parted. While we most commonly think of that being applicable to customers, that goes for foolish suppliers to a company too who don't demand adequate payment/security so as not to end up as ultimately-unpaid/underpaid creditor of a company with which a person/company is doing business.

Have any of this company's suppliers of fixed wing flight service complained about payment arrears/irregularities?
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:05 pm

That happened with me. I was going from Paris to England (Luton) and it was supposed to be on a CJ2, but ~48 hours before departure the available seats decreased from 5 to 3. I figured that two other people were flying with me, but within 12 hours of departure I got a message that they substituted the plane to a Phenom 100.

I was fine with the Phenom 100 since I was the only one on board, but if there were 3 other people, it would have been an uncomfortable flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.