Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dval44

wow!!! for only $2,500 you can receive absolutely nothing except for a vague promise of “discounts” on future purchases. Wow, sign me up!
Well said. The JetSmarter email you just posted disgusts me. We explored them 5 years ago and got the same pricing as you did above. (We took a sample empty leg flight, and while it was fun, the price point on an annual basis made no sense for flights that may or may not ever exist.) Now I'm receiving emails that are stating memberships are 10-15k entry-level. It looks like they're targeting different individuals and offering two entirely price points for the same product. Unless they've just slashed their membership prices in the last 30 days, which I highly doubt.

Also this just in from XO: I click their "Book Now" on their blog page and I get the "404: The Requested Page Was Not Found."
dval44 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:02 pm

The Vistage boys bought JetSmarter for the app and now they have branded it under the XO name. Thomas Flohr from Vistage is a bigger scumbag than Sergey.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG/MAR Plat; National Emerald Exec
Anyone hear anything regarding the Davis v JetSmarter arbitration? Hearing was supposed to be on July 11.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by novaguy16
Anyone hear anything regarding the Davis v JetSmarter arbitration? Hearing was supposed to be on July 11.
Appears that there is some additional movement on that today (7/23): MOTION TO CONFIRM AND ENTER FINAL JUDGMENT ON ARBITRATION AWARD
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Arbitrator approves $6 million JetSmarter Class Arbitration Settlement; Court date to confirm settlement scheduled

A dozen lawsuits brought by unhappy members have recently been referred to arbitration in separate actions

The arbitrator overseeing the class action settlement between JetSmarter and its members, Ellen Leesfield, approved the agreement on July 11, 2019. The next step will take place on Aug. 22 when a judge in Miami-Dade County will need to decide whether or not to confirm the arbitrator’s decision.

In her ruling, Leesfield, a former judge, overruled several objections writing, “Plaintiffs and the class faced a multitude of serious, substantive defenses, any one of which could have precluded or drastically reduced prospects of recovery.” She also noted JetSmarter has “consistently denied liability and indicated an intention to vigorously pursue its potential defenses.”
A number of former members who were trying to compel JetSmarter into litigation through the court system instead of arbitration have seen their efforts fail in recent months.

Judges have been siding with JetSmarter, sending litigants to arbitration. Members had argued that a clause compelling arbitration was not valid for a variety of reasons, including alleged fraud by the sharing economy provider.
  • A lawsuit brought by Richard Firshein was sent to arbitration in New York just last week on July 25.
  • A case brought by Shelley Davimos was referred for arbitration on July 22 in New Jersey.
  • On July 15, the court granted JetSmarter’s motion to compel arbitration in a case brought Anne Koons.
  • Jason and Andrea Abraham’s lawsuit filed in Wisconsin was removed on April 2 with the judge telling the plaintiffs they would need to seek arbitration.
Altogether JetSmarter has been successful in at least a dozen cases in its efforts to compel arbitration.
Source: https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ment-approved/
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:57 am

JetSmarter is/was a fraudulent operation. Full stop.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Not completely fraudulent. Overall I was happy with their existence.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Additional information will be forthcoming to class members who opted into the class action in the next one to two weeks regarding payments and redemption of credits.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Townshend
Additional information will be forthcoming to class members who opted into the class action in the next one to two weeks regarding payments and redemption of credits.
The Russian has some interesting things on the horizon.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 10:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by John Q. Customer
The Russian has some interesting things on the horizon.
Is he not now with the Vista Global group? I remember reading they kept him. No idea what he would be doing since they merged JetSmarter with XOJET.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 5:26 am

Officially unsubscribed from this thread. What is the purpose of keeping it active other than to hear people complain about the arbitration settlement?

.... "nothing to see people, just move on"
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:26 am

There are still lawsuits pending.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:53 pm

Not there is anyone still on this thread, but...

They just gave me a free 60 day membership for being a former member. It appears I get two seats on empty legs for free. It also appears they are severely limiting the empty legs that show on the app to 1-4 per day.

Anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.