Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:56 am
  #1306  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
What a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if this more than doubles the effective membership this summer.
millions is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:59 am
  #1307  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by millions
What a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if this more than doubles the effective membership this summer.
Could boost "membership" numbers for funding rounds
Westin is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:09 pm
  #1308  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by SFO777
Just got that email. OK, now that's a deal I can live with.
A well-run company would limit the offer those who have not previously held membership.

So you're probably good to go!
millions is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:15 pm
  #1309  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 21,728
Originally Posted by Westin.
Could boost "membership" numbers for funding rounds
Bingo!

Originally Posted by millions
A well-run company would limit the offer those who have not previously held membership. So you're probably good to go!
LOL. Indeed.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:29 pm
  #1310  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 522
Theres no way they don't kill this promo soon, its just a matter of how many people get in. Surely they had to know it'll hit the blogs, OMAT just picked it up too, just a matter of time before TPG
Westin is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:36 pm
  #1311  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by Westin.
Theres no way they don't kill this promo soon, its just a matter of how many people get in. Surely they had to know it'll hit the blogs, OMAT just picked it up too, just a matter of time before TPG
Yes, surely they did know. I would not be surprised if they leaked it. What makes you think they'll kill it absent a tidal wave of paying member complaints?
millions is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:42 pm
  #1312  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 21,728
Originally Posted by millions
Yes, surely they did know. I would not be surprised if they leaked it. What makes you think they'll kill it absent a tidal wave of paying member complaints?
If their goal was to inflate the membership count before the next investor beg-athon, they are unlikely to kill this promotion until they reach some magic number.
SFO777 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 1:45 pm
  #1313  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by millions
Yes, surely they did know. I would not be surprised if they leaked it. What makes you think they'll kill it absent a tidal wave of paying member complaints?
Surely the increase in jet deal use will cost them a nice chunk of change?

I do feel for the members though because my God there will be 0 seats on shuttles
Westin is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:01 pm
  #1314  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by Westin.
Surely the increase in jet deal use will cost them a nice chunk of change?

I do feel for the members though because my God there will be 0 seats on shuttles
My understanding is that they pay for empty legs at a flat rate, not per usage. But even if they did charge based on use per flight, there is unlikely to be a significant increase per flight, rather than increased demand for those empties that already get booked.
millions is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:32 pm
  #1315  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: DL, UA
Posts: 622
.....

Last edited by T-15.01; Jun 3, 2017 at 3:37 pm Reason: typo
T-15.01 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:35 pm
  #1316  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: DL, UA
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by millions
Yes, surely they did know. I would not be surprised if they leaked it. What makes you think they'll kill it absent a tidal wave of paying member complaints?
ha - like paying member complaints do anything to change the course JS are on!
T-15.01 is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 4:50 pm
  #1317  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 28
I think it's a clever idea. All promotions have to be claimed by July 1. It's a 3-month membership, so newly acquired memberships will expire Oct. 1. Sophisticated and Smart members get priority over Simple members, so this is really just to fill excess inventory. My understanding, based on speaking with an early investor in JS, is that conversion of first-time flyers who actually fly JS into paid membership is fairly high. This promotion could result in many new additional paid memberships, which is great for the business. Also the right kind of member. Great idea, imho.
ensnare is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:03 pm
  #1318  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Denver/NY/Miami
Programs: Amex Centurion, JetSmarter
Posts: 14
Originally Posted by ensnare
I think it's a clever idea. All promotions have to be claimed by July 1. It's a 3-month membership, so newly acquired memberships will expire Oct. 1. Sophisticated and Smart members get priority over Simple members, so this is really just to fill excess inventory. My understanding, based on speaking with an early investor in JS, is that conversion of first-time flyers who actually fly JS into paid membership is fairly high. This promotion could result in many new additional paid memberships, which is great for the business. Also the right kind of member. Great idea, imho.
Agreed. As a Smart member, not upset about this. I understand they have to acquire new members and if these frequent flyers convert after trying the product this certainly creates more revenue and helps the business further develop itself. Also a good target audience as you pointed out.
SportsGlory is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:19 pm
  #1319  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Florida
Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Posts: 522
Originally Posted by ensnare
I think it's a clever idea. All promotions have to be claimed by July 1. It's a 3-month membership, so newly acquired memberships will expire Oct. 1. Sophisticated and Smart members get priority over Simple members, so this is really just to fill excess inventory. My understanding, based on speaking with an early investor in JS, is that conversion of first-time flyers who actually fly JS into paid membership is fairly high. This promotion could result in many new additional paid memberships, which is great for the business. Also the right kind of member. Great idea, imho.
What do you mean by priority? In what sense?
Westin is offline  
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:31 pm
  #1320  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Programs: DL, UA
Posts: 622
Originally Posted by SFO777
If their goal was to inflate the membership count before the next investor beg-athon, they are unlikely to kill this promotion until they reach some magic number.
it's limited to 1 july so only a few weeks. they'll get a lot of new 'sign ups' for sure, which should help funding. overall this can't be seen as nearly as stupid as the founders club deal.
T-15.01 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.