Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Old Jun 14, 2017, 8:46 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mwood20
I think that's where you have the 3 month trial and you pay a discounted rate for the empty legs.
I dont even remember this. I had some popup for a few months counting down the days where if i signed up sooner id get that many days extra on my membership. I never did anything with it....
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by mwood20
That's reassuring lol. I'm flying from BOS to TEB on a TMC Hawker 400XP tonight, blahh.
For anyone curious, apparently it was only a single engine failure for the TMC Hawker 400XP:

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...rks-fifth-type

There have been dual engine failures of that type in the past, but it was not the case here--it was a textbook single engine landing.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:38 am

Empty Legs

Am I going crazy? Can't find the empty legs on JetSmarter's site now - what's going on with that? A fellow Jetsmarter member told me yesterday that their head man in Europe has gone and that they're cutting back there. Should I renew my membership?!

My buddy also mentioned that the CEO of another broker Stratajet has gone and that their US office has closed???!

Not sure whether to stick with Jetsmarter or risk going elsewhere where there may be other problems lurking. Any recommendations/reassurances for a charter provider?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:02 pm

Dear Iguanus,

My name is Rich Mozeleski, and I’m the Head of Global Operations at JetSmarter. I’m reaching out today to ask for your input on the future of the HELITRANSFER service. I fully recognize that as of late, the HELITRANSFER service has not met your expectations, and that means it hasn’t met ours - and I want to be transparent as to why.

We recently engaged ARGUS, the world’s premier independent aviation safety ratings organization, to help us increase our margins of safety and achieve an even higher level of proactive safety management throughout our operations. At the same time, we are incorporating lessons-learned that we’ve picked up along the way and are becoming even more selective about the businesses we partner with. We are also proactively dissolving any existing relationships with operators who do not share in these values (click here to read an example). And of course, we continue to maintain our constant focus on improving your membership experience.

With that said, ARGUS has recommended that to increase our margins of safety, JetSmarter move HELITRANSFERS from the single-engine, single-pilot Bell 407 helicopter to the twin-engine, dual-pilot, finely-appointed, and spacious Sikorsky S-76 helicopter, operated by ARGUS Platinum-rated commercial operators. This is the same helicopter that the Queen of England and other leaders and military organizations around the world trust with their safety and comfort. The ARGUS Platinum rating means that ARGUS completed an independent, on-site audit of the entire business operation so we know we can trust who we are working with to provide services for you.

To comply ARGUS’s safety recommendation and partner with more professional operators, we would no longer be able to provide transfers as a complimentary service, so we’ve come up an innovative HELITRANSFER offering. Essentially, you create the HELITRANSFER you want, and we reimburse you in flight credits for every extra seat sold – up to the entire cost of the flight. Or choose to heli solo; it’s completely your call.

Here's how it works:

We’ll give you access to create a custom seven-seat HELITRANSFER aboard the safe and luxurious Sikorsky S-76 for $2,800 per trip.

You’ll then choose the seats you want, and we’ll give fellow members the option to purchase the extras for $475 per seat - that means if you sell six seats, you will be reimbursed in flight credits for the full cost of your transfer.

You can then use your flight credit to create on-demand PRIVATECHARTERS or SHAREDCHARTERS, or to book companion seats on shared flights.

I know this is quite the change, so your input means a great deal to us. Only if we receive positive feedback will we make this change. With that said, I strongly urge you to review ARGUS’s recommendation so you understand why we feel this change is necessary.

I’m available by phone or email if you’d like to discuss any part of this further.

Best Regards,
Rich Mozeleski
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:53 pm

They really are a bunch of stand-up guys. "We realize we promised you free Heli-Transfers, but we learned that to provide them and not subject ourselves to undue liability, we'd have to pay more money. So here's an idea, what if YOU pay for them instead?!"

“What you’re talking about is somebody won’t pay a few [THOUSAND] dollars to take a helicopter, to get on a private plane?” asked Torossian. “It sounds to me like very wealthy people, most of whom are very happy with the company, who might feel like the company should be subsidizing everything they do.”
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by ensnare
Dear Iguanus,

My name is Rich Mozeleski, and I’m the Head of Global Operations at JetSmarter. I’m reaching out today to ask for your input on the future of the HELITRANSFER service. I fully recognize that as of late, the HELITRANSFER service has not met your expectations, and that means it hasn’t met ours - and I want to be transparent as to why.

We recently engaged ARGUS, the world’s premier independent aviation safety ratings organization, to help us increase our margins of safety and achieve an even higher level of proactive safety management throughout our operations. At the same time, we are incorporating lessons-learned that we’ve picked up along the way and are becoming even more selective about the businesses we partner with. We are also proactively dissolving any existing relationships with operators who do not share in these values (click here to read an example). And of course, we continue to maintain our constant focus on improving your membership experience.

With that said, ARGUS has recommended that to increase our margins of safety, JetSmarter move HELITRANSFERS from the single-engine, single-pilot Bell 407 helicopter to the twin-engine, dual-pilot, finely-appointed, and spacious Sikorsky S-76 helicopter, operated by ARGUS Platinum-rated commercial operators. This is the same helicopter that the Queen of England and other leaders and military organizations around the world trust with their safety and comfort. The ARGUS Platinum rating means that ARGUS completed an independent, on-site audit of the entire business operation so we know we can trust who we are working with to provide services for you.

To comply ARGUS’s safety recommendation and partner with more professional operators, we would no longer be able to provide transfers as a complimentary service, so we’ve come up an innovative HELITRANSFER offering. Essentially, you create the HELITRANSFER you want, and we reimburse you in flight credits for every extra seat sold – up to the entire cost of the flight. Or choose to heli solo; it’s completely your call.

Here's how it works:

We’ll give you access to create a custom seven-seat HELITRANSFER aboard the safe and luxurious Sikorsky S-76 for $2,800 per trip.

You’ll then choose the seats you want, and we’ll give fellow members the option to purchase the extras for $475 per seat - that means if you sell six seats, you will be reimbursed in flight credits for the full cost of your transfer.

You can then use your flight credit to create on-demand PRIVATECHARTERS or SHAREDCHARTERS, or to book companion seats on shared flights.

I know this is quite the change, so your input means a great deal to us. Only if we receive positive feedback will we make this change. With that said, I strongly urge you to review ARGUS’s recommendation so you understand why we feel this change is necessary.

I’m available by phone or email if you’d like to discuss any part of this further.

Best Regards,
Rich Mozeleski
Attached Images  
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by ensnare

....We are also proactively dissolving any existing relationships with operators who do not share in these values (click here to read an example). And of course, we continue to maintain our constant focus on improving your membership experience.i
They are, once again, trying to spin their inability to maintain mutually beneficial relationships with operators as a safety thing.

This reminds me of when they sent a message abruptly terminating their relationship with TMC Jets and basically saying that TMC is terrible, but then a few months later they signed a new agreement with them and were back to singing their praises.

Here was the note that they sent in 2005 to members about it.

Next, I'm expecting a message saying, "We have determined that private jets aren't safe or comfortable enough for regular use, so we have pioneered an innovative new offering that allows you to use your flight credits to book flights with trusted commercial carriers, including Southwest and Spirit Airlines.

For 50% lower than the cost of a SHAREDCHARTER you will have the amazing opportunity to network with 200 other like-minded individuals in an amazing COUNTRY CLUB IN THE SKY. Members can book a one-way flight from New York to Miami for the affordable price of $8,700 each way"
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:42 am

How do Jet Deals work? After you reserve do they need to still confirm the flight with you or as long as you see it in the app and reserve it it's good to go?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:10 am

I realize that empty legs for some are disappearing, but I noticed something slightly odd. I travel to a number of exotic places quite frequently and these are places where empty legs may not be common. I've noticed over the past few months that an empty leg between my common locations will often pop up a day or two after I just completed that leg. And this almost happens like clockwork. I'm wondering if the app is monitoring my location and creating fake alerts. Obviously I can't test it by booking them since I just travelled, but of course it makes me want to keep looking and monitoring because the leg is always a possibility. Can it be a method for keeping members (trial) engaged? Odd.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by roaderman
I realize that empty legs for some are disappearing, but I noticed something slightly odd. I travel to a number of exotic places quite frequently and these are places where empty legs may not be common. I've noticed over the past few months that an empty leg between my common locations will often pop up a day or two after I just completed that leg. And this almost happens like clockwork. I'm wondering if the app is monitoring my location and creating fake alerts. Obviously I can't test it by booking them since I just travelled, but of course it makes me want to keep looking and monitoring because the leg is always a possibility. Can it be a method for keeping members (trial) engaged? Odd.
Roaderman - if you give examples of a few of those city pairs, I can tell you if I saw them on the app in the last few days. I would guess it's just coincidence - it would be a very involved scheme. D
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
How do Jet Deals work? After you reserve do they need to still confirm the flight with you or as long as you see it in the app and reserve it it's good to go?
They wait for the operator to confirm, then you'll receive an invoice which you need to confirm, followed by an itinerary. I got mine about 16 hours before departure but I've heard it may not be confirmed until up to 5 hours before departure. Its fairly well communicated via the messaging system.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by invalyd
They wait for the operator to confirm, then you'll receive an invoice which you need to confirm, followed by an itinerary. I got mine about 16 hours before departure but I've heard it may not be confirmed until up to 5 hours before departure. Its fairly well communicated via the messaging system.
Thank you !
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by dval44
Roaderman - if you give examples of a few of those city pairs, I can tell you if I saw them on the app in the last few days. I would guess it's just coincidence - it would be a very involved scheme. D
Plus, you can always verify they flew by looking at flightaware after the fact. I've definitely never seen any 'fake' empty legs, although it is true that thier operators don't post all of their empties, which is frustrating.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by dordal
Plus, you can always verify they flew by looking at flightaware after the fact. I've definitely never seen any 'fake' empty legs, although it is true that thier operators don't post all of their empties, which is frustrating.
Really? How do they decide what posts and what doesn't?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Westin.
Really? How do they decide what posts and what doesn't?
I'm not certain but I bet most of the ones that don't post are either at high risk of cancelation or have a very tight turn around on arrival so the operator doesn't want the added hassle of pax on the empty sector.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.