Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by millions
The never-ending spin from this company and the accompanying dearth of thruthfulness and transparency is so GD tiresome. To hear Sergey tell it in his "from the flight deck" emails, it's all sunshine and rainbows, and an infinite trail of expansion and world domination. Never any mention of route cutbacks, or increased fees, or partner terminations. As someone who belongs to actual clubs where we get updates on what's really going on with membership, finances, etc., the difference is striking. I don't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth, or computer, or PR department.
are you sophisticated? There was a very transparent and clear email from their head of Global Operations and ties in nicely with Sergeys email. I'm only guessing but Sergey as CEO and running a startup that burns aviation gas for a living (literally) has probably a daily list of tasks 1-10 and the first 5 include some form of fund raising initiatives. He's already an optimistic person, but thank goodness - he needs ot be. The numbers in the latest view from the top are obvious. Some routes generate 40% profit. Some generate 11%. I'd say it's redundant to spell out that those that are less profitable are likely to be culled, reduced or are in the present line-of-fire.

Don't mistake my reply to yours as condoning what I've long stated has been lackluster communication from Jetsmarter to its members. But, credit should be given where its due and I think one of the areas they've improved in, markedly, over the past 90 days has been communication. Granted, they didn't have to do much to up their game, but everything I've seen has been positive in that it appears they've not just listened, but heard the feedback, and they're making active changes to rectify.

Just my 2c.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
are you sophisticated? There was a very transparent and clear email from their head of Global Operations and ties in nicely with Sergeys email. I'm only guessing but Sergey as CEO and running a startup that burns aviation gas for a living (literally) has probably a daily list of tasks 1-10 and the first 5 include some form of fund raising initiatives. He's already an optimistic person, but thank goodness - he needs ot be. The numbers in the latest view from the top are obvious. Some routes generate 40% profit. Some generate 11%. I'd say it's redundant to spell out that those that are less profitable are likely to be culled, reduced or are in the present line-of-fire.

Don't mistake my reply to yours as condoning what I've long stated has been lackluster communication from Jetsmarter to its members. But, credit should be given where its due and I think one of the areas they've improved in, markedly, over the past 90 days has been communication. Granted, they didn't have to do much to up their game, but everything I've seen has been positive in that it appears they've not just listened, but heard the feedback, and they're making active changes to rectify.

Just my 2c.
No, I'm not a sophisticated member. I'm as "smart" as a fool could claim to be, having paid for this company's services for nearly a year and a half. So does that mean I shouldn't get the same "transparent and clear" emails? Why don't you post the email for the rest of us little people? Did it come with an NDA?

I also don't for a second believe that the shuttles overall are profitable, let alone that any shuttle route has been generating a 40% margin. It's not even remotely feasible absent extremely creative accounting, which is exactly what I suspect is occurring. For accounting purposes, JS probably counts every seat occupied as generating the "extra seat" price, which gives them the laughable margins in the 40% range for transcons (which in the real world costs the company the most), and in the 11% range for cheaper flights like the west coast turboprops.

You can keep taking them at their word. I am far more inclined to believe that Sergey continues to make false representations that will ultimately lead to substantial legal liability.

Last edited by millions; Jul 2, 2017 at 1:20 am
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Another day, another email, another money call...

Summer's BIGGEST Offer - Guaranteed

Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by SFO777
Big deal, it's July 4th weekend, what American company doesn't have a sale today?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by SFO777

Summer's BIGGEST Offer - Guaranteed

I take it that's to upgrade from Simple to Smart?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 1:43 pm

Has anyone been to their happy hours? And are they open to Simple Members? I guess I can ask
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:36 pm

Under member benefits there's a new section about gifting seats on shuttles. Could be interesting.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Heuston
Under member benefits there's a new section about gifting seats on shuttles. Could be interesting.
been there a couple weeks now. It's nice - on some shuttles you can gift a seat to a non-member.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
been there a couple weeks now. It's nice - on some shuttles you can gift a seat to a non-member.
How do you know which shuttles have seats that can be gifted? Does one have to have a certain tier of membership to gift?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by tylerc
How do you know which shuttles have seats that can be gifted? Does one have to have a certain tier of membership to gift?
Smart and above. Completely random. Just have to look at each flight.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:05 pm

Hello Member Community,

We regret to inform you that the HOMES benefit has been discontinued until further notice.

Unfortunately, a handful of members chose to blatantly break the mandatory house rules on more than one occasion. We have addressed the inappropriate behavior with the at-fault members directly; however, due to the severity of the damages, the rental service provider has chosen to end its agreement with JetSmarter.

Thank you to everyone who enjoyed the HOMES benefit responsibly. Please know that we are in talks with alternative providers, and you will be the first to know as soon as we have an update.

Many thanks,
JetSmarter Team
Keeping it classy as always.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Anyone surprised?

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Wow that sucks. At least I appreciate the transparency of the communication this time.

IMO they need to have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of stuff. You damage a plane, or you damage a house, and you're out. One strike; you're done.

Anybody who can afford $5K, let alone $15K or $50K, should know better. Daddy's trust fund babies may not always get the message, though.

Part of me wonders if this is why Air Hamburg, DPJ, etc. didn't renew their empty leg contracts.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by dordal
Wow that sucks. At least I appreciate the transparency of the communication this time.

IMO they need to have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of stuff. You damage a plane, or you damage a house, and you're out. One strike; you're done.

Anybody who can afford $5K, let alone $15K or $50K, should know better. Daddy's trust fund babies may not always get the message, though.

Part of me wonders if this is why Air Hamburg, DPJ, etc. didn't renew their empty leg contracts.
Transparency of the communication? I don't know why I should buy that as being the whole truth. I am more inclined to think that JetSmarter's business partners aren't happy with JetSmarter delivering what JetSmarter said it would deliver financially but hasn't delivered. It seems like another sign of a business in trouble.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Transparency of the communication? I don't know why I should buy that as being the whole truth. I am more inclined to think that JetSmarter's business partners aren't happy with JetSmarter delivering what JetSmarter said it would deliver financially but hasn't delivered. It seems like another sign of a business in trouble.
Their website is even not actualized, they're saying that the London to Dubai shuttle + Turkey shuttles are still active, which is not the case at all.. Have a bad feeling about all of this..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.