Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Their website is even not actualized, they're saying that the London to Dubai shuttle + Turkey shuttles are still active, which is not the case at all.. Have a bad feeling about all of this..
I'm betting on some parties getting burned financially by this situation -- not just suppliers/business partners/investors, but also customers.

If I wanted a proxy measure on the health of this business, I'd want to know how the company is delivering on refund demands from those customers mislead by the business' advertising when those refund demands haven't (yet) involved putting in for a charge dispute via the charge card issuer used to buy this company's service.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Transparency of the communication? I don't know why I should buy that as being the whole truth. I am more inclined to think that JetSmarter's business partners aren't happy with JetSmarter delivering what JetSmarter said it would deliver financially but hasn't delivered. It seems like another sign of a business in trouble.
Maybe. If that was really the truth, I think they would have come up with a better excuse than 'some of our members are a-holes and our partner can't stand them'. The sad thing is that the a-hole members are of their own making... it hasn't been quite so bad recently, but if you look at the ads from two years ago, it was all babes and bros, living the high life. That is exactly the sort you don't want on your plane (or house). Hopefully they can continue to clean things up.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: delta
Anyone else worried?

Is anyone else worried that there is no scheduled shuttle flights for August on the app?

When I first joined they had schedules for 3 months out.

Does anyone else hear the theme from Jaws playing in the background?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by micky123
Is anyone else worried that there is no scheduled shuttle flights for August on the app?

When I first joined they had schedules for 3 months out.

Does anyone else hear the theme from Jaws playing in the background?
no. not worried. I've not seen shuttles 3 months out, ever. 2 months yes - so typically at this time of month, the August ones would post too. Most of the EU shuttles are already there for August and have been as of late June. The USA ones not there right now, but should be in the next few days as I understand. I'd be more worried if they weren't ever going to post August shuttles, but anyone saying that is assuming without any fact.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:40 pm

august schedule

Most certainly were three months out.....how long have you been a member CAKIWI

With all the cancelled benefits and routes, only a fool would not be worried.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
How quickly do shuttle tokens return and how long before departure does a shuttle route stop accepting passengers. IE if a shuttle lands at 2:00 PM, would the token be returned and usable on a 3:00 PM flight out the same day?
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by Youngmiler
How quickly do shuttle tokens return and how long before departure does a shuttle route stop accepting passengers. IE if a shuttle lands at 2:00 PM, would the token be returned and usable on a 3:00 PM flight out the same day?
Tokens are returned at scheduled time of departure or can sometimes be when JS ground staff check you in, but generally the former. Landing time is irrelevant. As soon as the token(s) is restored its reusable on any flight that needs it. Shuttles in country normally have a 3 hour cutoff so you need to book more than 3 hours before take off to secure. Assuming you're outside of that window and have tokens you are good to go. International are 24 hours.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:33 pm

Most certainly were three months out.....how long have you been a member CAKIWI

With all the cancelled benefits and routes, only a fool would not be worried.
OK I believe you, I've just never personally seen 3 months in advance shuttles being posted. I've only ever seen next month and as the month nears an end the month after that too. The question re whether I and others were worried was relating to the fact August shuttles (USA ones at least) hadn't yet posted to the app. My answer stands. No, that fact alone doesn't make me worried. If you'd asked: 'with all the cancelled routes, diminishing benefits, and shuttles inside USA for August not yet appearing, are you worried'?, well, that's a different question. Those 3 things combined don't make me worried, as such, either. As your question and reply has helped me delve deeper into my thoughts on this, the reality for me is, actually, another businesses survival or financial strength, doesn't worry me in the slightest. I'd say the lack of August shuttles being posted is 'frustrating' , and diminishing benefits and routes that are no longer are things that are 'inconvenient'. I am on record here saying paying more for less is not something I willingly do. But like inflation, my dissatisfaction with that in the world is a moot point. It still happens....!

If we are gonna go down the path of calling out fools, I'd say anyone who signed up with Jetsmarter at the rate they did (whatever it may have been) and assuming it would stay the same, would be the real fools. It was too low as a price point back then, whenever that was, and, at 15k or 50k today, it's still too low. Our collective worry as members should be the rates are still too low for a viable ongoing operation and our hope should be they raise them, and soon, to make sure it carries on. The new dynamic pricing model even may not be enough. Many things in life are free. And have tremendous value. But Jetsmarters membership should be priced more at a level that will support their ongoing survival.

To really split hairs.... If we all get worried about the reduced benefits, increased fees and canceled routes without worrying instead on the bigger picture I elude to above then I believe we are missing the point.... With no Jetsmarter, we will have the officious TSA, Dr. Daos of the world as fellow passengers, airport car parking fees, delays, and the many myriad of other normal air travel worries to contend with. All of those, make me shudder!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 9:13 am

Anyone else worried?

THere is no doubt that JS as it is sold and positioned is a brilliant business model and one that I joined and support.

The issue is the lack of transparency when one is paying for a service for one year in advance and those services and benfits change/disappear.

Please get it together JS!!!

Originally Posted by cakiwi
OK I believe you, I've just never personally seen 3 months in advance shuttles being posted. I've only ever seen next month and as the month nears an end the month after that too. The question re whether I and others were worried was relating to the fact August shuttles (USA ones at least) hadn't yet posted to the app. My answer stands. No, that fact alone doesn't make me worried. If you'd asked: 'with all the cancelled routes, diminishing benefits, and shuttles inside USA for August not yet appearing, are you worried'?, well, that's a different question. Those 3 things combined don't make me worried, as such, either. As your question and reply has helped me delve deeper into my thoughts on this, the reality for me is, actually, another businesses survival or financial strength, doesn't worry me in the slightest. I'd say the lack of August shuttles being posted is 'frustrating' , and diminishing benefits and routes that are no longer are things that are 'inconvenient'. I am on record here saying paying more for less is not something I willingly do. But like inflation, my dissatisfaction with that in the world is a moot point. It still happens....!

If we are gonna go down the path of calling out fools, I'd say anyone who signed up with Jetsmarter at the rate they did (whatever it may have been) and assuming it would stay the same, would be the real fools. It was too low as a price point back then, whenever that was, and, at 15k or 50k today, it's still too low. Our collective worry as members should be the rates are still too low for a viable ongoing operation and our hope should be they raise them, and soon, to make sure it carries on. The new dynamic pricing model even may not be enough. Many things in life are free. And have tremendous value. But Jetsmarters membership should be priced more at a level that will support their ongoing survival.

To really split hairs.... If we all get worried about the reduced benefits, increased fees and canceled routes without worrying instead on the bigger picture I elude to above then I believe we are missing the point.... With no Jetsmarter, we will have the officious TSA, Dr. Daos of the world as fellow passengers, airport car parking fees, delays, and the many myriad of other normal air travel worries to contend with. All of those, make me shudder!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:39 pm

THere is no doubt that JS as it is sold and positioned is a brilliant business model and one that I joined and support.

The issue is the lack of transparency when one is paying for a service for one year in advance and those services and benfits change/disappear.

Please get it together JS!!!
I agree with you. I've long wanted better communication. Recent times have shown they're doing a much better job.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:43 pm

Any feedback on how often empty legs are cancelled? Considering booking one for tomorrow, but it requires some positioning so I'd hate to book a flight only to be stranded as the result of a cancellation.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by tylerc
Any feedback on how often empty legs are cancelled? Considering booking one for tomorrow, but it requires some positioning so I'd hate to book a flight only to be stranded as the result of a cancellation.
it happens so you have to be flexible.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
it happens so you have to be flexible.
Hmmm...does it happen often?? It seems like it would be a bit of a silly offering if it was more than say, 5% of the time.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by tylerc
Hmmm...does it happen often?? It seems like it would be a bit of a silly offering if it was more than say, 5% of the time.
MUCH more than 5% of the time. If it is a xojet (challenger 300 or citation X), then I would ballpark 30-40% of the time they are canceled.

I have booked flights to catch them, and those have always flown, thankfully.

However, they have been canceled on me numerous times, both the day before (before 'confirmation') and literally at the FBO with my bag looking for the pilot.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by dval44
MUCH more than 5% of the time. If it is a xojet (challenger 300 or citation X), then I would ballpark 30-40% of the time they are canceled.

I have booked flights to catch them, and those have always flown, thankfully.

However, they have been canceled on me numerous times, both the day before (before 'confirmation') and literally at the FBO with my bag looking for the pilot.
Oh wow...this is a challenger 300...

How far out do they confirm, and once confirmed, does that even mean anything??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.