Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: delta
How about option c

Why would you charter with a broker and sell the seats on Whatsapp?

Originally Posted by dordal
Why? Because nobody in the market is offering cold hard cash.

Option A) I charter with a broker and pay $25K for my flight. End of story.
Option B) I charter with JS and pay $25K for my flight, but then I might get something that has some value (JS Credit) back.

Certainly not as good as getting dollars back, but better than getting nothing back.

If you don't mind extra folks on the plane, I can see that being attractive.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by micky123
Why would you charter with a broker and sell the seats on Whatsapp?
thats the point, cant resell on a charter
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
I think it works only if JS is getting you a good deal on the charter (lowest price on a comparable plane and time with comparable terms) -- If you pay extra to charter via JS and then either A) they don't sell the seats or B) you don't get value out of using the credits, then why not go w a broker who gives you a better price?
Yeah thats true. I don't have good context on how their charter prices are vs the 'real' deals that traditional brokers get... I'm seen people say they are about the same, and some say they are 20%+ higher.

If its the latter, you would basically be paying a cold-hard-cash premium to be able to sell seats, and that may not make much sense.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: QF LTG
Anyone noticed that there hasn't been many (any?) TMC Hawker 800XP flights in the JetDeals lately?

Looking them up on flightradar I would find it hard to believe that they haven't flown any empty legs.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Anyone noticed that there hasn't been many (any?) TMC Hawker 800XP flights in the JetDeals lately?

Looking them up on flightradar I would find it hard to believe that they haven't flown any empty legs.
Looks like there is a TMC Hawker 850XP jetdeal in the app right now. Martha's Vineyard to Morristown.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by travelnat95
Looks like there is a TMC Hawker 850XP jetdeal in the app right now. Martha's Vineyard to Morristown.
ok there is one today but if you track some of the TMC Hawker 800s on flightradar you will see a lot of flights that were clearly empties that didn't show in the app
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
What is the cost of a smart membership level these days?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by tennislover9
The membership page is now password protected, but last I heard it's $14,000/year plus $1,000 for initiation. You can probably get some flight credit with your first year if you ask.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Originally Posted by tennislover9
$15,000 USD per year.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:42 am

Is there any REAL difference between smart and simple, for someone who just likes the shuttles and jetdeals.

I've noticed fewer deals the past couple weeks, to my eye at least. I got one to Cleveland though where I had a Citation to myself, so I am pretty happy for a free trial. There was one to MKE also last week that had no one booked last I'd looked.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by PRoth59
Is there any REAL difference between smart and simple, for someone who just likes the shuttles and jetdeals.
Yes. Simple members get access to shuttles under 3 hours excluding NY-FL. Smart members get access to all shuttles but some longer ones incur a fee. Smart members also get two shuttle tokens so they can book a round trip on an of the shuttles that a simple member can only book one way on. Smart members also get 1 or 2 more seats on jet deals.

From my my point of view the value for money lies in Simple membership.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 10:43 am

I just want to post that I stand somewhat corrected.

There are more shared charters than I predicted. So the value of chartering with JS, and then reselling seats in exchange for JS credits is higher than I would have pegged it at.

Maybe it will turn into a lot more inventory!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by dval44

There are more shared charters than I predicted. So the value of chartering with JS, and then reselling seats in exchange for JS credits is higher than I would have pegged it at.

Over 10 flights now in the Deals section. You can use flight credit towards seat price.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:00 pm

doesnt look like anyone is buying any seats on them though. Quite frankly I find it annoying having them in the jetdeals sections.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL, UA

Some appear to have no seats even taken yet. There's a Lebanon to Teterboro 6 seat plane with..... 6 seats left. Dated September 10. Possible that jetsmarter might be pushing a non existent flight on there, and if they sell enough seats, then actually arranging it? I wonder how many of the current shared charters are actual members or if jetsmarter is creating them to generate paid seats? One for example is a Wednesday night Chicago to hpn at 9pm. There's a free shuttle the next day so someone obviously was happy to pay 8k to get back the night before but may end up getting no other seats sold. I've always viewed the shuttle schedule as secondary to my own schedule but I try and work in with it as much as I can. Why wouldn't that person have done a member initiated shuttle instead, for instance? I'm a little curious at what is really going on in the background.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.