Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by cakiwi
Some appear to have no seats even taken yet. There's a Lebanon to Teterboro 6 seat plane with..... 6 seats left. Dated September 10. Possible that jetsmarter might be pushing a non existent flight on there, and if they sell enough seats, then actually arranging it? I wonder how many of the current shared charters are actual members or if jetsmarter is creating them to generate paid seats? One for example is a Wednesday night Chicago to hpn at 9pm. There's a free shuttle the next day so someone obviously was happy to pay 8k to get back the night before but may end up getting no other seats sold. I've always viewed the shuttle schedule as secondary to my own schedule but I try and work in with it as much as I can. Why wouldn't that person have done a member initiated shuttle instead, for instance? I'm a little curious at what is really going on in the background.
That's a really good point !
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:33 am

I think that they're selling empty legs flights, for exemple the planes with 6/6 seats available must be a planned empty leg flight.

Is it the end of "free" JetDeals ?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by freq.flyer
I think that they're selling empty legs flights, for exemple the planes with 6/6 seats available must be a planned empty leg flight.

Is it the end of "free" JetDeals ?
No empty leg is planned that far in advance. Very odd about the LEB flight although I think I saw it had some seats sold when it first entered the app. Maybe the person who chartered it canceled and it's non refundable?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:18 am

Nice to see a few G IV empty legs lately. Any idea if this is a new operator?
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Nice to see a few G IV empty legs lately. Any idea if this is a new operator?
The Gulfstream with the X on the tail is operated by Professional Flight Transport.

Hint: If you click into the empty leg and scroll down into the terms, you will see the operator listed in the text.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by dval44
The Gulfstream with the X on the tail is operated by Professional Flight Transport.

Hint: If you click into the empty leg and scroll down into the terms, you will see the operator listed in the text.
Oh, when I asked the jetdeal team they said it was Windsor Jet.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:05 pm

No empty leg is planned that far in advance. Very odd about the LEB flight although I think I saw it had some seats sold when it first entered the app. Maybe the person who chartered it canceled and it's non refundable?

Of course there are many empty legs planned that far in advance ! Just have a look into victor or lunajets empty legs
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:39 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Yeah that one makes no sense. 6/6 seats available in both directions, KTEB->KLEB and then KLEB->KTEB. The only thing I can think is that the operator has a plane based at KTEB and a charter KLEB->XXX->KLEB.... so they fly empty from Teterboro both ways.

If true, that somewhat means the start of charging for the empty legs... although this operator ( Coleman Jets ) has never been in the empty leg program that I'm aware of, so in some sense it's new inventory we'd not have had access to before.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Of course there are many empty legs planned that far in advance ! Just have a look into victor or lunajets empty legs
that is a rough indication only, the actual empty legs change a lot, check flightradar and you will see a lot of the listed routes on victor never actually fly. If they list a DAL-SEA and a customer books AUS-PDX at the last minute the operator will take take the DAL-SEA plane as it's going in that general direction.

Have you not noticed how often the empty legs change in the space of 24 hours that they are visible in the jetsmarter app. When the Huntsville to Richmond loaded this morning it was Huntsville to East Hampton.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Does anyone have details of all the membership tiers with benefits and costs?Nothing on the website or app.

The app shows a cost for the Shuttle services. eg. New York to LA $6k per seat. I presumed the first seat was included in membership.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Originally Posted by jeffers
Does anyone have details of all the membership tiers with benefits and costs?Nothing on the website or app.

The app shows a cost for the Shuttle services. eg. New York to LA $6k per seat. I presumed the first seat was included in membership.

I hold the smart membership status and a seat from NY to los angeles varies based on the day of departure. The next available thursday flight is $450 USD per seat, and the next available sunday flight is $720 USD per seat.

The smart membership is going for $15,000 USD per year
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by travelnat95
I hold the smart membership status and a seat from NY to los angeles varies based on the day of departure. The next available thursday flight is $450 USD per seat, and the next available sunday flight is $720 USD per seat.

The smart membership is going for $15,000 USD per year
Thanks. That's using 1 of your 2 tokens at any time? Can you book the flight for two people using 2 tokens?

I'm finding it a little bizarre JetSmarter doesn't make all this information available.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Thanks. That's using 1 of your 2 tokens at any time? Can you book the flight for two people using 2 tokens?

I'm finding it a little bizarre JetSmarter doesn't make all this information available.

The membership is for yourself only, the token system does not apply to other passengers. Referring to the previous message, if I booked a seat on NY to LA and my seat was $450 USD, the additional seat would be $5,490 USD. You can book other passengers on jet deals (I believe 3 seats for jet deals in the U.S.)

Just like most other private jet companies, Jetsmarter doesn't make info available on the website because they want you to call and enquire about membership. They have a membership website but it is passcode protected. I'm sure if you call they will give you a passcode.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:16 am

I was looking at membership mainly for JFK to LAX rt 4-5 times a year, for two people.

Clearly isn't worth it solely for that.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 10:51 am

I was looking at membership mainly for JFK to LAX rt 4-5 times a year, for two people.

Clearly isn't worth it solely for that.
book JetBlue mint if that's all you want. Much cheaper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.