Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2017, 8:36 am

I'm a SIMPLE member, based in Europe and in the literature I originally got, it quite clearly said that shuttles to Ibiza and Nice, while seasonal only, were included in the membership fee.

This appears NOT to be the case, with those flights costing $3750 one way. No communication that they were dropping these as free shuttles whatsoever...ridiculous!
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond. SPG Plat. Marriott Plat.
If Im booked on a shuttle for the 13th, and my membership expires the 7th.... what happens LOL
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:59 am

Some weird things are happening right now.. Checked this morning for a London to Paris shuttle for this Thursday, 6/6 seats were available.

Checked again 30min later to book it, the shuttle was full. That's strange.. Hope that they're not selling & showing fake seats/shuttles to maximise their profit..
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by SuperSaint
I'm a SIMPLE member, based in Europe and in the literature I originally got, it quite clearly said that shuttles to Ibiza and Nice, while seasonal only, were included in the membership fee.

This appears NOT to be the case, with those flights costing $3750 one way. No communication that they were dropping these as free shuttles whatsoever...ridiculous!
Europe based here too, won’t be renewing unless they commit in writing to give notice of these changes we’ll in advance. If the Malaga one goes I’m going to be super pissed
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Heuston
Europe based here too, won’t be renewing unless they commit in writing to give notice of these changes we’ll in advance. If the Malaga one goes I’m going to be super pissed
I am pretty sure that in their writing they have a statement that says they can change prices at any time. That's how they get you haha
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by mike.macrone
I am pretty sure that in their writing they have a statement that says they can change prices at any time. That's how they get you haha
Yeah they've covered themselves in the Membership agreement, but for the amount of money i'm paying them I expect a bit more service than that. It's a shame they're the only real option in Europe at the moment.
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 7:51 am

Yeah they've covered themselves in the Membership agreement, but for the amount of money i'm paying them I expect a bit more service than that. It's a shame they're the only real option in Europe at the moment.
I'm thinking about joining Surfair, a bit more expensive but better planes + much much more reliable as they own their own planes.

Planned destinations are quite nice as well
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
I was also going to recommend SurfAir for you. Not sure what your price range is, but SurfAir would be a better option for you if you don't want to pay per seat or anything like that. I believe they just use Phenom 300s right now over there, and the routes are limited. But I would take a look!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:06 am
Suspended

I was also going to recommend SurfAir for you. Not sure what your price range is, but SurfAir would be a better option for you if you don't want to pay per seat or anything like that. I believe they just use Phenom 300s right now over there, and the routes are limited. But I would take a look!
Surf Air is planning to use a mix of Phenom 300 (operated by Flexjet Europe) and PC-12s (I don't think they've announced the operator yet).
mike.macrone likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Surf Air is planning to use a mix of Phenom 300 (operated by Flexjet Europe) and PC-12s (I don't think they've announced the operator yet).
Ahhh ok - yea the Phenom will work well over there. Especially since they are charging a bit more per month over there vs in the US
Old Aug 29, 2017, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Ahhh ok - yea the Phenom will work well over there. Especially since they are charging a bit more per month over there vs in the US
More on Surf Air - ZRH coming in September - no word on the PC-12s

http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...ropean-rollout
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:11 am

Anyone here tried JetClass.com ? They're selling private jets seats from 650€ without any membership fees. And they're flying from London City Airport which is a must !

JetSmarter is no longer the only option for us who want a better alternative to commercial flights without paying the huge fees of chartering an airplane.

They should think more about us clients, because there's a lot of alternatives out there. A lot of my friends are not renewing their membership..
Heuston likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 3:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Anyone here tried JetClass.com ? They're selling private jets seats from 650€ without any membership fees. And they're flying from London City Airport which is a must !

JetSmarter is no longer the only option for us who want a better alternative to commercial flights without paying the huge fees of chartering an airplane.

They should think more about us clients, because there's a lot of alternatives out there. A lot of my friends are not renewing their membership..

Looking at their booking engine I am seeing 2-5x per week from about $700 to $2,000 each way - London-Brussels, Milan-Lyon or London-Nice as example.

Owner the same as CharterScanner.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vladislav-zenov-5b160430

More info here - was based in VIE, moving to DXB

http://www.charterbroker.aero/mag_st...ml?ident=11369

Not a lot of coverage about the launch.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Originally Posted by freq.flyer

I would also like to know if anyone has tried this service. I have not heard anything about it. London City Airport is slightly more convenient for me and I agree they have more options, but how reliable are their operators? I also can't seem to find any safety information on their website.

If someone has tried their service I would appreciate the feedback.

Maybe Jetsmarter will expand Europe routes to compete with these new entrants.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travelnat95
I would also like to know if anyone has tried this service. I have not heard anything about it. London City Airport is slightly more convenient for me and I agree they have more options, but how reliable are their operators? I also can't seem to find any safety information on their website.

If someone has tried their service I would appreciate the feedback.

Maybe Jetsmarter will expand Europe routes to compete with these new entrants.
I also think it's hard to grasp the business model -- no membership fees so they need to make a profit on selling seats.

They are a broker so they are operating on a mark-up from whatever they pay the operator, plus marketing expense, headcount and other overheads. It doesn't specify the exact aircraft types although they mention some flights operated by turboprops.

I haven't take the time to do detail math on it, but with limited frequency per week and seemingly slim margins, I guest we will have to see what happens. I suppose as a bolt-on to their existing charter business, maybe that limits overhead so more of the margin between sell price and buy price flows to the bottom line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.