Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by millions
Where are you flying to/from that you generally have the plane to yourself? It has been a long time since I've had the whole plane, and even if the Mrs. and I are traveling together and quickly snag 6 seats on a midsize, we invariably end up with the other two seats filled.

On the East Coast I generally have it to myself; either PHL or PNE. I've done almost a transcon flight with just me on a Citation X. Generally, I will say, there is one other person on it with me though. It seems that they are filling more quickly though. Maybe I am just getting lucky! What routes have you been flying / where do you usually fly out of?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by dordal
I agree, but one thing you have to consider is your sample set is mostly Flyertalk users, who are frequently the type who think going to London from LA for the weekend is fun.
My sample isn't flyertalkers
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
All the members I speak to seem to consider jetdeals to be the main event for them with shuttles really just being icing on the cake. Sadly the jetsmarter reps I speak to all think of shuttles and member initiated shuttles as the main event and jetdeals are just a nice added perk.

They are so out of touch.
The majority of people I run into on JetDeals fly almost exclusively JetDeals and only occasionally do shuttles.

The majority of people I run into on shuttles fly almost exclusively shuttles, and never fly JetDeals.

Based on some of the larger JetSmarter chat rooms I participate in, I'd guess that there are far more shuttle flyers than JetDeal flyers.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
JetSmarter says it has raised more capital - doesn't say how much - but says it will use it to expand shuttle routes and flights

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...tal/#more-6017
Jetsmarter just pulled a fast one, using the free 3 months as an easy way to boost numbers before funding. So your welcome Sergey.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sykes
The majority of people I run into on JetDeals fly almost exclusively JetDeals and only occasionally do shuttles.

The majority of people I run into on shuttles fly almost exclusively shuttles, and never fly JetDeals.

Based on some of the larger JetSmarter chat rooms I participate in, I'd guess that there are far more shuttle flyers than JetDeal flyers.
Right, there are 2 different categories of JS flyers. Both are important, I've met a guy from London in a shuttle, told me than he became a member mostly for the London to Dubai shuttle and that he was super upset that they've removed the shuttle route from the app because he don't fly on the JetDeals.. So he bought a membership for a year and enjoyed only 3 shuttle flights, I can understand his deception..

Some including me are spontaneous travelers, more into JetDeals so we can invite our friends, family,.. Some other members are enjoying more the shuttle service. I took only 1 shuttle and I don't really like them as most of the time they're full and it's hard to plan a trip because they're imposing their dates,..

Thats's why commercial flights are more convenient for me. So the only value in my membership are the JetDeals, I've met a guy who became Sophisticated only for the JetDeals, so he could book the whole plane and invite as many guests as he wants.

JS should find a solution suitable for everyone, they've started a great company with a big potential, I hope that they'll not screw everything's up
Old Aug 12, 2017, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by AustinP
Jetsmarter smart member here. Empty legs are the only true value to me. I'll leave my membership in that case.

But anyway, where else CAN we find empty legs?

1 jetsmarter
2 wheelsup "hot deals". does anyone have wheels up? how is the availability?
3 where are delta private jets empty legs now? nowhere?

4 anywhere else we can look?

-a
For empty legs, the following websites have a lot and seem to be updated regularly. I like that they have a price for the entire jet whereas most other websites I have seen do not advertise price with empty legs.

http://airstreamjets.com/charters/empty-legs/

http://www.aircharterguide.com/

http://www.proair-aviation.com/empty-legs

The FL company also has a Jet Card for 25k which is the lowest entry point I've seen for real private flights. I'm considering it because I can go Dallas-Denver-Dallas for $12k a pop, or $7k one-way and have the entire jet for my family.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, JetSmarter, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by AustinP
Jetsmarter smart member here. Empty legs are the only true value to me. I'll leave my membership in that case.

But anyway, where else CAN we find empty legs?

1 jetsmarter
2 wheelsup "hot deals". does anyone have wheels up? how is the availability?
3 where are delta private jets empty legs now? nowhere?

4 anywhere else we can look?

-a

Besides JetSmarter and WheelsUp, since they both require memberships to get empty legs, you could also check out JetSuite's SuiteDeals. WheelsUp is a bit steep of a membership to then have to pay out of pocket for each flight hour + pay for empty legs. $15K + having to pay for everything out of pocket is a bit lame if you ask me hahah.

XOJet sold all of their empty legs to JetSmarter. I believe Magellan Jets might have some.

The JetSmarter membership definitely gives you access to the masses of empty legs, but then you might get stuck sharing the plane.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by mike.macrone
Besides JetSmarter and WheelsUp, since they both require memberships to get empty legs, you could also check out JetSuite's SuiteDeals. WheelsUp is a bit steep of a membership to then have to pay out of pocket for each flight hour + pay for empty legs. $15K + having to pay for everything out of pocket is a bit lame if you ask me hahah.

XOJet sold all of their empty legs to JetSmarter. I believe Magellan Jets might have some.

The JetSmarter membership definitely gives you access to the masses of empty legs, but then you might get stuck sharing the plane.
I just checked out JetSuite's SuiteDeals and will add that site to my list, thanks! They even have a TX-CO! The prices are amazing but it looks like they only offer last minute as they are all for tomorrow.

Like most of these sites, Magellan is on a feed direct from ACG so all of their legs are just duplicates.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 9:38 am

Wink

Originally Posted by combakkid
I just checked out JetSuite's SuiteDeals and will add that site to my list, thanks! They even have a TX-CO! The prices are amazing but it looks like they only offer last minute as they are all for tomorrow.

Like most of these sites, Magellan is on a feed direct from ACG so all of their legs are just duplicates.

Glad I could help! Yea, all SuiteDeals are last-minute. (Kind of like JetSmarter, posting up to 24 hours in advance).

Oh right, I forgot Magellan was just a feed, my apologies. Besides all of them - I am not sure there are any others. Do you generally like to try and book empty legs further out in advance? I would check out FlyVictor then as well, because they post some further out in advance!!
Old Aug 14, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: QF LTG
Not sure the point of most of the above mentioned empty leg listings... They are pretty much the same price as a regular charter with none of the flexibility.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Today JS wrote me that they have stopped offering SIMPLE Membership. Cheapest available membership is SAMPLE ($15k).

Is this information correct?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by Marco159
Today JS wrote me that they have stopped offering SIMPLE Membership. Cheapest available membership is SAMPLE ($15k).

I don't think that would be accurate. I feel like emails would have been sent out. Are you not at that level already? Which one do you have?
Old Aug 14, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mike.macrone
I don't think that would be accurate. I feel like emails would have been sent out. Are you not at that level already? Which one do you have?
Three-months simple membership 🤠
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold

It'd be so bizarre to offer us a free-trial of a membership we can't even purchase... but who knows...
Old Aug 14, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Three-months simple membership 🤠
Sounds like your three months is probably expiring. Did you do the million points/miles promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.