Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as soon as selling seats opens up more in terms of regulation (and seems to be?) there will be no need to have any membership fees, and fares can be operating costs plus a certain percentage.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
as soon as selling seats opens up more in terms of regulation (and seems to be?) there will be no need to have any membership fees, and fares can be operating costs plus a certain percentage.
JetSuiteX doesn't have membership fees -- sells seats on its website like an airline. I think they are designated as "public charters." There might be a limit on number of seats - 30 comes to mind per aircraft. Or that could be the maximum number of seats without standard TSA security. Either way, there is no membership. Tradewinds in the Northeast is similar I believe.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

was talking about reselling seats on charters, which is not what jetsuitex is doing
Old Sep 2, 2017, 7:10 pm
Suspended

was talking about reselling seats on charters, which is not what jetsuitex is doing
Well JetSuiteX is a public charter, but what were you talking about - I guess I missed it?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Well JetSuiteX is a public charter, but what were you talking about - I guess I missed it?
i think he is talking about selling seats on empty legs. What he doesn't realize is that is basically public charter
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

who owns and operates jetsuitex planes?
bizjetsjobs.com/jetsuite-showcases-latest-acquisition/
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
who owns and operates jetsuitex planes?
bizjetsjobs.com/jetsuite-showcases-latest-acquisition/
EMB 135 flights are operated by Delux Public Charter. Other flights are operated by JetSuite Inc. I could be wrong, but as far as I know they all are fundamentally controlled by the same entity, but public charter flights may not be operated by the same entity that sells individual seats (doing so requires complying with Part 121 regs for common carrier airlines), so they play games operating companies to comply with regulations.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sykes
EMB 135 flights are operated by Delux Public Charter. Other flights are operated by JetSuite Inc. I could be wrong, but as far as I know they all are fundamentally controlled by the same entity, but public charter flights may not be operated by the same entity that sells individual seats (doing so requires complying with Part 121 regs for common carrier airlines), so they play games operating companies to comply with regulations.
I believe its the same ownership as JetSuite or i should say I think JetSuite owns the vast majority of JetSuiteX and JetSuiteX owns the aircraft (I think they bought them from Embraer). In terms of operating them, I think sometimes there are DBAs in part because of the needs for a specific type of certificate. JetSuite also recently started a management decision - they just picked up their first contract.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

right, so i was differentiating from brokers who get expensive gulfstreams etc from random owners/operators

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 3, 2017 at 3:47 pm
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:09 am
Suspended

right, so i was differentiating from brokers who get expensive gulfstreams etc from random owners/operators
SharedCharter from JetSmarter

Initial flight reservations under the Jet Share Program will be on a private charter basis and will be arranged by JetSmarter as your agent. Such reservations may be for less than the full capacity of the aircraft. Once the reservation is confirmed, JetSmarter reserves the right to offer one or more of the remaining seats on the aircraft to other JetSmarter Members and their guests on a per seat public charter basis in accordance with 14 CFR 380. For all Public Charter sales, JetSmarter will act as principal. All air transportation is subject to availability and such other requirements as set forth in the Membership Agreement, Charter Terms, Terms
of Use and the Operator- Participant Agreement all of which are available at https://jetsmarter.com/legal/.

General Language

** Purchase of membership is required. Free seats are offered on a first-come-cfirst-served basis and subject to availability. Additional restrictions may apply. JetSmarter offers a number of programs including single-entity charters and Public Charters. For single-entity charters, JS will act solely as your agent in arranging the flight. For Public Charter operations, JetSmarter will act as principal in buying and reselling the air transportation. Seats obtained under the Public Charter Program are subject to the Public Charter rules contained in 14 CFR 380. JetSmarter does not own or operate any aircraft. All flights are performed by FAA licensed and DOT registered air carriers. Presence of celebrities on board is not guaranteed. See www.jetsmarter.com for full program details.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:16 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by mike.macrone
So I have asked my rep, and can confirm, that the SIMPLE membership is still able to be purchased. I would think about getting SMART though, depending where you live / fly to and from. Just because you only get 1 token with SIMPLE instead of the 2 with SMART. As well as other things as well
I have asked again and got the following answer:

Hi Marco, we are not longer extending or rewewing simple tier membership. Please let me know if you wish to proceed with the smart tier at 15'000 USD as this is also going up to 17'500 from October.
I am out .... unfortunately...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Marco159
I have asked again and got the following answer:

I am out .... unfortunately...
Interesting, I asked my rep the same because in the updated promo it doesn't include Simple -- he said it is still available but you have to pay for everything - i.e. - seats on shuttles under 3 hours and empty leg seats so it wouldn't make sense.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Interesting, I asked my rep the same because in the updated promo it doesn't include Simple -- he said it is still available but you have to pay for everything - i.e. - seats on shuttles under 3 hours and empty leg seats so it wouldn't make sense.
Well if either of these is true -- Simple is gone or you now have to pay for everything... that really guts the value of the program. Membership numbers will probably decline, but the value of each member will increase, so possibly offset the loss or some of it.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Most interesting piece there is membership is going up to $17,500 in October (if it really does).
Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
Well if either of these is true -- Simple is gone or you now have to pay for everything... that really guts the value of the program. Membership numbers will probably decline, but the value of each member will increase, so possibly offset the loss or some of it.
I'm sure they were seeing SMART members start to terminate or downgrade. I am among those who was likely to downgrade at next renewal since there was very little value to SMART over SIMPLE to me. I don't enjoy the longer shuttles and would rarely take one, and for just about everything else, SIMPLE members have been getting the same benefits for a much lower price. And even if I were inclined to renew, the multitudes of (paying and free 3-month) SIMPLE members have diluted the value I do receive by making it ever harder to book the shorter shuttles and empties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.