Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
its Air Hamburg that pulled its empties. Petition them not jetsmarter.
Mmmm from what I've heard they didn't renew their deal because JS wanted to renegotiate the terms and they refused.

Air Hamburg are still selling their empties on all platforms / marketplaces in Europe; and they're selling everyday 10+ empties with some amazing planes..
Old Oct 17, 2017, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
Mmmm from what I've heard they didn't renew their deal because JS wanted to renegotiate the terms and they refused.

Air Hamburg are still selling their empties on all platforms / marketplaces in Europe; and they're selling everyday 10+ empties with some amazing planes..
Does anyone have an educated guess on what JS pays for a year's supply of empty legs from XOjet/Hamburg/DPJ?

Do you think it's like $1m, like $10m? Any ideas? Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by dval44
Does anyone have an educated guess on what JS pays for a year's supply of empty legs from XOjet/Hamburg/DPJ?

Do you think it's like $1m, like $10m? Any ideas? Thanks!
First thing to know is the business model, are they paying per flight / per hour or per year

For the Globeair deal made in 2015, it was supposed to be a 5 year deal for 15 000 flights hours; guess that something has changed..

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-rel...531194441.html

I asked last year to my flight rep how expensive were the flights deals, he told me that it costs almost nothing to them compared to the market price.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:24 pm

How much have the VIP Shuttles (Los Angeles - S. Fla & NY) done to stimulate additional flights? Are they on track to hit an average of double-daily frequency?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold Club, Chase, JetSmarter, NCL
Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
How much have the VIP Shuttles (Los Angeles - S. Fla & NY) done to stimulate additional flights? Are they on track to hit an average of double-daily frequency?
The NY to LA route seems to have increased frequency, with at least 6 member initiated shuttles VIP Shuttles in Nov - this is the most I have seen since becoming a member one and half years ago.
Not entirely sure if we can predict double-daily frequency considering the shuttles have only been running for around one month, but I would love to see it happen!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by travelnat95
The NY to LA route seems to have increased frequency, with at least 6 member initiated shuttles VIP Shuttles in Nov - this is the most I have seen since becoming a member one and half years ago.
Not entirely sure if we can predict double-daily frequency considering the shuttles have only been running for around one month, but I would love to see it happen!
$15,000/yr +$1,500 rt to fly from Van Nuys to White Plains, with a couple grand penalty if you need to cancel or miss your flight. Exciting times.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:18 pm

St Petersburg - Moscow shuttle just disappeared.. Quite weird, saw that all seats for the first flights were fully booked. (Legacy 600 - 12 seats..)

Pity as I was planning a trip to Russia.. Really wanted to take that shuttle.. And like always, they remove it without any notice to members.. Not reliable at all for 17.5k a year !!!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
St Petersburg - Moscow shuttle just disappeared.. Quite weird, saw that all seats for the first flights were fully booked. (Legacy 600 - 12 seats..)

Pity as I was planning a trip to Russia.. Really wanted to take that shuttle.. And like always, they remove it without any notice to members.. Not reliable at all for 17.5k a year !!!
How long was that shuttle in operation?

Any idea why they would cancel a new shuttle route that is booked full from the start? Presumably, full flights would indicate that customers find this to be valuable -- thus, helping with renewals & gaining new members.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
How long was that shuttle in operation?

Any idea why they would cancel a new shuttle route that is booked full from the start? Presumably, full flights would indicate that customers find this to be valuable -- thus, helping with renewals & gaining new members.
Shuttle was supposed to start on October 30. Both flights fully booked, either members booked it, either they faked the full flight as a sold out flight to not operate it. Impossible to know as they're not communicating at all about this..
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Airports have expanded on the LA-SF route for CYO:

HHR, VNY, SNA to/from SJC, OAK, SQL
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:36 pm

Changing the model ?

I was at the NBAA aircraft conference in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and several people rumored that Jetsmarter was buying one of their operators (who provide the planes for the shuttles) . Has anyone else heard this? How would it affect us if Jetsmarter becomes an airline ? Anyone in the know- if that is true? How can they afford to buy planes ? Although maybe stabilizes the model?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG/MAR Plat; National Emerald Exec
FWIW - I was on the fence about joining JS over the last year or so. I joined last month with the group that PbodyPhoto helped put together for SIMPLE membership (thanks again for the great deal). So far I've done two shuttle flights: TEB -> IAD and MDW -> HPN. Both experiences were great and seamless. I haven't had the opportunity to try a JetDeal yet but hope to try one soon (traveling spontaneously for non-work with a 4 month old at home can be a challenge).

On that note, I'm also an 8760 member and am going to drop that next year. I'm not unhappy with the service and have been able to take a few empties, attend games, concerts, use the partner benefits (yacht rental in Nantucket was awesome), but the on going value of 8760 v JS isn't comparable. Most of the 8760 value, esp the Inspirato Key Membership, is used in the first year.

Also, when we looked into the 8760 shuttles and shared flights, we have to buy a seat for our infant. JS follows the same lap rules as commercial airlines and allows children under 2 ride on a lap.

Furthermore, flying on a G-IV versus a King Air is night and day. Even when having the King Air to ourselves, I'd rather take the G-IV shuttle.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Centurion, Inspirato, jetmembership.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hertz Gold Plus
Originally Posted by novaguy16
FWIW - I was on the fence about joining JS over the last year or so. I joined last month with the group that PbodyPhoto helped put together for SIMPLE membership (thanks again for the great deal). So far I've done two shuttle flights: TEB -> IAD and MDW -> HPN. Both experiences were great and seamless. I haven't had the opportunity to try a JetDeal yet but hope to try one soon (traveling spontaneously for non-work with a 4 month old at home can be a challenge).

On that note, I'm also an 8760 member and am going to drop that next year. I'm not unhappy with the service and have been able to take a few empties, attend games, concerts, use the partner benefits (yacht rental in Nantucket was awesome), but the on going value of 8760 v JS isn't comparable. Most of the 8760 value, esp the Inspirato Key Membership, is used in the first year.

Also, when we looked into the 8760 shuttles and shared flights, we have to buy a seat for our infant. JS follows the same lap rules as commercial airlines and allows children under 2 ride on a lap.

Furthermore, flying on a G-IV versus a King Air is night and day. Even when having the King Air to ourselves, I'd rather take the G-IV shuttle.
How much is the 8760 membership?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG/MAR Plat; National Emerald Exec
Originally Posted by WhyPrivate
How much is the 8760 membership?
$7k annually (no initiation fee). Shuttle flights start at $550 per seat and empty legs are $320 ($295 + tax).
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA MP
I signed up for the JetSmarter $5k/yr membership to fly APC-DPA on a wonderful XOJet Citation X. I was surprised I could use my Amex for the membership fee, but not for the actual charter. Anyone aware if that's a temporary thing?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.