Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: elitetraveler
JetSmarter is a membership program that allows members to fly on empty legs of private jets (JetDeals) and seats on scheduled private jet shuttles (JetShuttle).
Print Wikipost

JetSmarter - discussion and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
I just heard that some members can now fly US-transcon for two tokens and no cash rather than one token plus cash payment. Does anyone know about this?
Yes, I just did it last week to SFO, and then back to HPN. I think the don't offer it anymore though, it was grandfathered in to "old" SMART members
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Originally Posted by mwood20
Yes, I just did it last week to SFO, and then back to HPN. I think the don't offer it anymore though, it was grandfathered in to "old" SMART members
They're offering it now as an option to sophisticated members only. Soph used to have free transcons, which I think went away when they switched to the new 'VIP' shuttles. Probably a lot of pushback there (I know I'd be annoyed to have to pay $1K / flight if I'd already paid $45K membership fee ), so they brought it back.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by dordal
They're offering it now as an option to sophisticated members only. Soph used to have free transcons, which I think went away when they switched to the new 'VIP' shuttles. Probably a lot of pushback there (I know I'd be annoyed to have to pay $1K / flight if I'd already paid $45K membership fee ), so they brought it back.
Interesting. Things always change so it's hard to keep up. And I agree, I'd be pissed too.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by mwood20

Yeah, they are full of s**t and pulling shenanigans as always. As I said when they announced this "VIP Shuttle" nonsense, they are using it as a way to renege on their promise to "old" smart members of free shuttles for existing routes. The claim is that the "VIP Shuttles" are a new product, but in reality, they are just a new name for member-initiated shuttles that were supposed to be free.

They're also once again adding surcharges to flights around the holidays.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:47 am

Each FoundersCard Member can activate a complimentary 3-month limited JetSmarter membership with access to complimentary seats on JetDeals empty leg flights, plus $2,000 in flight credit when upgrading to a JetSmarter Smart or Sophisticated membership.

They've done it again.. Unlimited JetDeals for unknown members.. So after considerably reducing empty legs availably in Europe, they're now offering to anyone the possibility to book them..

I'm really really again disappointed
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by freq.flyer
They've done it again.. Unlimited JetDeals for unknown members.. So after considerably reducing empty legs availably in Europe, they're now offering to anyone the possibility to book them..

I'm really really again disappointed
The Founders Card free trial has been around for at least a year.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by millions
The Founders Card free trial has been around for at least a year.
Just got the email, thought that it has been gone.. Has anyone asked their flight rep about the jet deals low availability ?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AS MVPG, Globalist
Just got the email, thought that it has been gone.. Has anyone asked their flight rep about the jet deals low availability ?
Well they're down to three providers now. I don't have any inside info, but if I were a betting man I'd say that by this time next year jet deals will be a thing of the past. It will be all shuttles, shared charters and custom charters.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by dordal
Well they're down to three providers now. I don't have any inside info, but if I were a betting man I'd say that by this time next year jet deals will be a thing of the past. It will be all shuttles, shared charters and custom charters.
Who are the three providers?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: QF LTG
Looks like as of today there is a new JetDeal operator in Europe operating Citation CJs and Citation Bravos.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by luvtoflydal
Who are the three providers?
For the US, they are XOJet, TMC, and I can't remember the third one
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto
Looks like as of today there is a new JetDeal operator in Europe operating Citation CJs and Citation Bravos.
Not a new operator, it's SFD, they've worked with them 6-7 months ago. Hope that this partnership will last. They may go again in the right direction, time will tell
Old Oct 13, 2017, 11:14 am

Not a new operator, it's SFD, they've worked with them 6-7 months ago. Hope that this partnership will last. They may go again in the right direction, time will tell
well then for the last 6-7 months they haven't been giving JS their empties
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:06 am

Wonder if Jetsmarter would do something if we gather 100+ signatures to bring back Air Hamburg empties ? Still nostalgic about them hahaha

The membership value would increase significantly
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:26 am

Wonder if Jetsmarter would do something if we gather 100+ signatures to bring back Air Hamburg empties ? Still nostalgic about them hahaha

The membership value would increase significantly
its Air Hamburg that pulled its empties. Petition them not jetsmarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.